Chapter 14

I Can't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think if I had to say what caused it, it was probably because we both wanted something different…we had been together for so long”, Matthew says.

Jiwoo silently listens.

“I couldn’t believe it when it happened and I denied it for the longest time”, Matthew says as he takes another swing from his beer.

“We still loved each other…we just didn’t want to be with each other”, he says simply.

“I couldn’t love her the way she deserved… She felt unloved so she went to others”

He sounded so sad it made Jiwoo’s heart clench. She felt her eyes burning with hot tears. She really felt his pain but at the same time she could understand Hyuna’s struggles too. They had taken each other for granted and drifted apart, but they could not let go of each other and stayed together until they had become destructive.

“Why are you crying?”

“Huh?”

Jiwoo looks up and Matthew is staring right down at her. She feels her hot tears start to stream down her face.

“Oh”, Jiwoo says as she wipes her tears away.

“I don’t know…” Jiwoo replies honestly.

Matthew smiles and takes her hands away from her face gently with one hand. With his other hand he gently wipes her remaining tears away.

“It’s fine now…I think I’m ready to let her go…she looked so happy”, he says.

Jiwoo nods but her tear doesn’t stop falling.

“You stilly girl”, he says and leans down and kisses her tears away.

It makes her blush but she doesn’t push him away. She lets him carry on until there are no more tears but he still carries on showering her with light butterfly kisses.

“Don’t cry for me, it’s not worth it”, he says once he finally pulls away.

“But who else will?” she asks ad takes him by surprise.

She really was sweet and cute. When he had first met her, he had thought that she was going to be tough and quiet cold. But she kept on managing to surprise him. But she was still strong. She was strong enough to cry for a total stranger like him.

“That’s enough, it makes me sad to see you cry”, he says softy as he brushes the hair off her face.

She nods as she wipes the last few tears off her face.

“Good”, he says and lays a final kiss on her lips.

“That is enough for this sappy ”, Matthew concludes and finally stands up.

“It’s late, I should take you home”, he says and she simply nods.

He offers her his hand and she gently takes it. He pulls her up straight into his arms and hugs her tightly. She is taken by surprise so a gasp escapes her lips. She stands in shock for a second before she slowly hugs him back. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter