Chapter 17

I Can't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?”

Sohyun laughs.

“Isn’t it funny? I’m having cold feet because of lingering feelings”, Sohyun says.

Bitterness.

Jiwoo still feels dumbfounded.

They say first love are…” Sohyun starts.

“…Hard to forget”, Jiwoo finishes.

Sohyun nods.

“What are you trying to say?” Jiwoo asks.

“When we first met, I was so jealous. You were beautiful and I knew you were his first love so I doubted if I’d ever be able to replace his love for you”, Sohyun says slowly.

Jiwoo is quiet.

“I know it’s been years and you are happy with Matthew but things could be different”, Sohyun says.

“He still loves you, granted it might not be the same as back then but if you tell me now that you still love him too, I’ll back off”, Sohyun explains.

“But he doesn’t love me the same way he loves you… You said it yourself, it’s not the same”, Jiwoo says.

“But feelings can come back, can’t they?”

“What about your own feelings?”

“They are invalid when it comes to Byunghun’s happiness”, Sohyun says.

“So what would you do if I said I loved him?” Jiwoo asks.

Sohyun shrugs.

“Pack up my things and leave?”

“Then you better hold off your plans…I love Matthew”, Jiwoo says.

Sohyun looks reviled and Jiwoo smiles.

“Byunghun loves you, ok. Don’t doubt it. The way he looks at you, he never looked at me the same way”, Jiwoo says and places her hand on Sohyun’s shoulder.

“Speak if the devil”

Sohyun is confused but Jiwoo points towards the door of the café.

“Sohyun-ah!”

It’s Byunghun, who has come running into the café. His hair is all over the place and sweating profusely.

Sohyun stands up from her seat and looks at the clearly panicked Byunghun.

“Oh, thank god!”

Without a care in the world, Byunghun runs through bunch of people and shoves the chair and tables in the way just to get to Sohyun. Instantly he hugs her tightly. Sohyun stands there frozen.

“I was so worried! That note you left in the kitchen!” Byunghun says between catching his breath.

He had obviously run quiet far to find Sohyun. Sohyun slowly wraps her own hands around Byunghun’s waist and she finally manages a smile. Jiwoo can see the tears in Sohyun’s eyes.

Jiwoo wonders what was on the note Sohyun left Byunghun. She wonders if she had mentioned meeting up with her.

“I’m so glad I found you! I don’t know what I would have done if Niel hadn’t seen you. And that note… Sohyun…I love you ok. I wouldn’t have asked you to marry me if I didn’t”, Byun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter