Chapter 2

As Sweet As It Gets

 

20 minutes later Minhyuk walked out of the office feeling overwhelmed again. 

His now-boss was a level headed, strict and organised man. He hadn't complained about how Minhyuk was late, but had made it clear that he couldn't slack off. Details were shared, a few jokes were shared and once Minhyuk was told what his job description entailed, he was told he could start working from that day. 

Minhyuk felt himself taking a liking to his boss. He was thinking about how nice it would be to work here when the beautiful man appeared in front of him again. 

“Come, I'll show you around.” He said. His voice, as Minhyuk just realised, was quite deep and inviting and went surprisingly well with his fragile and lanky built.

“I'm Hyungwon by the way…” he said glancing over his shoulder as Minhyuk once again followed him. They entered a decent sized dining area meant for not more than 20 people. 

“ This is the dining area as you can see. We also have a small outdoor area over there” he said pointing at a small garden like space through a glass panel. It looked cosy and classy at the same time. 

“ Our baked goods are displayed over there" Hyungwon said pointing at a neat and expensive looking display set placed on the far side of the room, near the entrance. “ People who don't want to dine here can also come and enjoy the sweet stuff and purchase it. So it's sort of a bakery as well.” He said with something similar to pride in his voice.

“This is where I work mostly” he said moving towards a high table with a phone and diary kept at one side. “I'm the head maitre of the restaurant.”

Minhyuk looked around once again in awe at the small yet we'll set up space and felt pride course through him as he imagined calling the place his place of work.

 

They moved towards the other area through the corridor and entered the biggest room the building. It was the kitchen. And it was everything Minhyuk imagined it to be. The equipment was top class, the tools looked clean and ready to use and he felt his heart trip and fall in love. “You look pleased” Hyungwon said looking at the grin on Minhyuk's face.

“This is where you'll be working during dining hours, and this is where you will be allowed to experiment on your desserts.” Hyungwon said moving towards a small station set up for Minhyuk to explore his creativity.

Minhyuk ran his hand on the counter and felt a giggle bubble up from his lips in anticipation of all the fun he was going to have here. Once the sound escaped him he looked up to see an amused Hyungwon smiling back at him and he knew he would be accepted here.