Chapter 1

As Sweet As It Gets

 

 

Minhyuk made his way towards the back door of the bakery as fast as his feet could take him. He couldn't believe his guts, how could he do this to himself. 

He was already late on his first day of work.

 

As he was reaching the door someone from the inside swung it open almost smacking him in the face. In his flustered state he let out a cry before the door could hit him. The person pushing it open stopped an inch away from his face. When Minhyuk’s eyes focused on the person holding the door open his panic got lost in awe. The person standing before him was one of the most beautiful people he'd seen. 

The man's hair looked soft and silky and fell in bangs covering his forehead till his eyes. It was as black as gorgeous and gleaming as the eyes staring back at him. His eyes then shifted to the man's plump and unusual lips. It took Minhyuk's a moment to catch his breath and realise the tall lanky man standing in front of him was actually frowning.

 

“Are you going to sand around all day and stare at my face? I asked you who you were..” the man said. Putting one hand on his hip, waiting for Minhyuk to reply…

“Uh……. Sorry… I'm… um….”

“Yes?” The man smirked realizing the effect he had on Minhyuk.

“Um… yes… my name is Minhyuk…. I'm supposed to start working here today…” he said trailing off.

A minute later the man said “Ah yes! Kihyun has been waiting for you! WELCOME!” He said as a smile broke onto his face, dazzling Minhyuk once again. It was a sin to make a man so beautiful and overwhelming. 

Giving a small smile Minhyuk followed the man into the bakery. A small passage stacked with a few boxes lead to a cosy kitchen. Minhyuk looked around at the equipment feeling mesmerized. Even though the space was small it was extremely well organized and maintained. He peeked at the industrial grade oven and the food processor, already deciding he was going to love it here.

The door from the kitchen lead to another corridor that had two openings and one door. 

“Wait here” the man said moving towards the door knocking on it three times. 

Minhyuk could hear two arguing voices from inside and cursed his luck. He was late and the boss didn't seem to be in a good mood. 

 

A few seconds later the door opened and a set of broad shoulders in a suit exited the room. 

“Come in!” Said a musical voice from inside, however Minhyuk was too busy looking at the person exiting the room. The man straightened his suit and walked out of the corridor with a frown on his face. 

It was when he felt the other person waiting for him to go in slightly nudging him towards the office like looking room, that he came back to senses and headed inside for an interview that felt a whole lot more life threatening than it was supposed to be. 

He pushed back thoughts of the man he'd just seen walk out of the room. He didn't need to think about him  right now.