Chapter 4

As Sweet As It Gets

 

An hour later Minhyuk had their dinner set up at the table and they eagerly sat down to eat. “Thank you for the food!” Hoseok said clapping his hands before digging in. 

They ate in comfortable silence enjoying the food.

Once Minhyuk brought the desert, he started talking about all the people from work, not willing to keep quiet anymore, making Hoseok smile.

“So there is Jooheon, and he's like the best! I'm telling you, if you weren't already my best friend, he'd take the spot!” Minhyuk said excitedly. Hearing him talk like this you'd wonder if the boy ever grew up, but that was part of Minhyuk's charm. It was what made people take a liking to him and Hoseok realised how much he'd missed his friend the past few years they had been apart.

“He is like this cute and funny guy with a sense of humor just like mine, but you should see him when he cooks! He like physically exhales confidence and you feel awesome when you watch him do his thing. He also like makes the best food ever, and of course, because it his department, but wow he's very talented!” He ends at something similar to a squeak and it reminds Hoseok of the time Minhyuk had found a new celebrity chef to worship.

“Then there's Kihyun, he's the boss..” Minhyuk continued, “he is quite strict and I'd be scared of him if I didn't respect him. We could have been good friends if he wasn't my boss though, I think…he's the kind of guy who'd keep my silliness in check you know. He's also younger than me… hmm if you spoke to him it wouldn't seem like it though. Well, running a business does that to you I guess.” Minhyuk said. He stuffed the last bit of cake in his mouth, getting up with the plate and moving to the sink in the kitchen.

“There is also Hyungwon. He is like the most beautiful man I've ever met.” Minhyuk said, his face showing a look of awe and disbelief. 

“When I first met him I couldn't speak because of how stunned I was. His looks really overwhelmed me, he's prettier than any girl or woman I've ever met, and I've seen my fair share, but My God!” Minhyuk said. “I have gotten used to his looks so I can speak like a normal person, but he still manages to knock me off whenever he smiles.”

This spiked Hoseok's interest, he had never thought of a man as beautiful and was having a hard time believing what Minhyuk was saying. 

“Are you like in love or something?” He asked, looking at his friend with amusement. 

“No! It's just he's very good to look at. That's all. He's a wonderful person too, warm and nice but also has a funny side to him that makes him look all nerdy. But he's not my type.” Minhyuk smiled, explaining.

“Plus he'd overwhelm me to a point where I'd die, I'd die happy but I'd die!” He said joking a bit.

“You should come by once to eat there, the prices are towards the higher end though the food is worth it. We've had a full house on all days of the week. People even reserve their places in advance. It's not too big but has a great ambience. I bet I'll be able to get you a discount too.” He said jumping on his heels a bit. 

How could Hoseok say no to that, so they made plans, Minhyuk would drop by to Hoseok's gym the next day and Hoseok would pay a visit to the restaurant soon after his gym closed.