It's Lee Chaerin.

The Heirs or Her

Today is the new day. I’ll show ‘em new and fresh performance. Being a part of this company is already in my veins. My target is to bring new idea to achieve organizations goals.

“Good morning Chaerin. You look good and fine today.” I heard a deep voice greeted me and I can saw his attractive smile that formed from his lips.

“Good morning dude. How are you? And thanks for the compliment. It sounds so sincere to me. Kkkk” I replied him as he arrived to my place and formed a smile back to him.

Day by day I can see that he’s getting more handsome and looks so damn good. He’s my buddy and colleagues Lee Dong Wook. Yeah, as you can see we shared the same surname. I can that he is the most handsome person in this building and he is my friends. Before you thinking to further, I wanna tell you that we’re just friend and I’m not into him. Plus he is married and has a beautiful wife also a daughter.

“Chaerin, the boss wants to meet you. He said that there’s important issue he need to discuss it with you. I don’t know what it is since he didn’t tell me.” Dong Wook told me while eating my cracker for his breakfast.

“Important issue? It sounds a serious. Okay, I’ll go to meet him now.” I said to Dong Wook as I get up from my sit.

***

I slowly opened the after I knocked it. I can see that my boss is busy with his job with those files and documents.

“Boss, Dong Wook told me that you have important issue to discuss with me.” I said politely and I formed a smile to him.

“Chaerin, this.” he lends me a white envelope that has written my name on it. Slowly I take it and opened it. It’s promotions letter from headquarter for me. It’s shocked me because they want me to transfer from here to Seoul, the headquarters of Park’s Holding. They offered me to be the chief operating officer (COO). I can’t believe it. It just like a dream, come on man I’m just ordinary staff of this company how come they can offer this position to me?

“Boss, hmm is it true? I think the headquarter make a mistake. I don’t think this position is deserved to be mine.” I said in quite disbelief through my face.

“Yes Chaerin. This is true. As you can see, this is the official letter from headquarter. And of course they don’t make mistake for this kind of decision.” He said in full of confident that written on his face and I can see it.

I’m speechless about this news. It makes me feel butterfly in my stomach. I felt happy, sad, excited and many more. I guessed my face is quite funny now because I’m in weird feeling.

“Congratulations Chaerin, I’m proud of you. Finally, your hard work is worth it.” My boss said as he shakes my hand.

As I shakes my hand with him, I took the letter with me. Slowly, I making my way out from his room. I’m still thinking about the offered. Is it I should take it? Should I be sad because I’ll left this office and move to Seoul? Or should I be happy because I got a big opportunity that may be will came just once in my life? I don’t know.

“What the boss told you Chaerin?” Dong Wook as me with his worried tone when he saw my unreadable expression. Nahhh I don’t know how to tell him about this. He’s my best friend. My brother. I can’t just easily leave him here when I’m going to Seoul for this position.

“Aaa, yeah. He just talk a few things about our new projects. Yeah you know we’re handling a lot of projects now.” I said nervously as I quickly hide the letter at my back before he can see it. But its too late, he’s eyes is like an eagle that have a sharp vision. He saw my action.

“What’s that? At your back, show me.” He said as he’s trying to catch the letter from my back. Struggling, I having a hard time now. Dong Wook are not stopping doing that. And he succeed. He got the letter. I can see that his expression is changing when he read it. I can read his face. It looks sad but a bit happy. Yeah I don’t know.

“Why are you trying to hide this new from me? I’m your friend. I deserve to know. You know I’m happy for you, no matter what I’ll always support you.” I can saw his smiling. A charming smile that will melt millions heart but then it turns sad.

“But you’ll leave me right? I’ll be lonely without you Chaerin.” His face is so sad as I can see a tears on his eyes but quickly he wipe it. Oh God, I felt burdened about this. Help me.

“When you’re leaving? We should celebrate this, your achievement.” I can see that he’s changing his mood now. I wonder how he can do it.

“Hm, next week.” Short reply from me because I don’t know what to say.

***

“Stop! You’re hurting me arghhhhh!” I heard my mom’s voices. She’s screaming because she was hurt. She’s crying for help. But I just sat there watching her being beat up by my father. I can see my father used his belt to choke my mother’s neck. Her face is getting blue and changed to purple. The tears are falling down from her eyes. She’s hurt. Too much hurt. But I can help her. I’m helpless.

The sounds of her screaming are echoing in my ears. It so clear, just like it was happened in front of me now. I’m crying too as I can felt her pain. I wish I was brave enough to help her. I’m sorry mom. I’m such a useless daughter. I can’t help you.

I get up from my nightmare as I can’t take it anymore. I’m crying in my sleep. Mom, I’m sorry. I can’t help you to be free from that bastard. I’ll take a revenge for you. I swear that he will get what he deserve for his action towards you.

***

What do you think about this chapter? Tell me your thought, I like to read it. :) Sorry for the grammatical errors up there.