Chapter 7

A Star In Daylight

Baekhyun was having trouble and he was getting frustrated. He was in the chicken coop trying to feed them but it proved more difficult to do so despite Jeongsuk's reassurances. He had woken Baekhyun up early this morning, telling him he was going to have to help out on the farm while he was here, he was taken aback because his dad never said anything about that, Baekhyun's face became a permanent frown the rest of the morning trying but failing to manage the first of his chores,

He throws the seeds out on the ground for the chickens to eat only for them to come pecking at him, Baekhyun shrieks and tries to move back, not wanting them to peck at his legs. One of them flaps too close and Baekhyun hikes up on of his legs out the way but as he did so he loses his balance, and goes falling back flailing his arms and dropping the seed bucket.

Instead of hitting the solid, dirt ground like he would expect he instead falls into a soft pair of arms. Puzzled and a little startled Baekhyun looks back and up into the face of his saver, he in a breath as he stares up into those all too familiar big, dark brown eyes. He felt his heart rate increase as the handsome boy stared down at him,

"you should really be more careful" his deep voice informs Baekhyun, who was scrambling to get out of the tall boys hold. 

"it wasn't me, it was that chicken. He came flying at me" Baekhyun exclaims, pointing at the chicken.

He hears a low chuckle come from the tall boy and he couldn't help the heat that slowly crept to his cheeks, the sound was so sensual and y.

"blaming the poor chickens?" the boy says.

Baekhyun crosses his arms and looks at the boy despite the butterflies he was feeling, he felt as if his body wasn't his, like it was acting on it's own accord only when this tall, handsome male was around. Baekhyun didn't like it. 

"what are you doing here?" Baekhyun asks haughtily. 

The tall boy looked a Baekhyun for a while, his eyes slowly roaming over his form, Baekhyun wanted to squirm under his gaze but held his ground, pride taking over. 

"you don't own this chicken coop" the boy says raising his eyebrow. That one gesture was so inviting and cute. 

"well I work here now" Baekhyun says lifting his nose up, remembering them having this banter that day in the barn. 

"is that so?" the boy continues to look at him, Baekhyun was trying hard not to look away, trying to suppress the heat that he felt at the base of his skin. He gives a curt nod,

"well, I guess if we are going to be working together I should introduce myself" the boy raises his arm holding out a hand for Baekhyun to shake,

"I'm Park Chanyeol" 

Baekhyun, liked it, the name fits him well. Baekhyun reaches out a hand to shake it,

"Byun Baekhyun" he offers back. 

Chanyeol squeezes Baekhyun's hand firmly giving him a small smile and he found it hard to swallow, the smile drew Baekhyun's attention to the boys lips, so pink and soft looking, he wondered what reaction he would get if he bit on that bottom lip.The fact that he was thinking about the stranger like this made him groan inwardly, he didn't want this. These thoughts and unfamiliar feelings are making his resolve to return to his previous life all the more stronger. He didn't know how to deal with any of this, he's had many boyfriends before heck even a girlfriend but none of them made him feel this conflicted and strange. At least back home he wouldn't have to feed chickens and have some handsome farm hand who pops up everywhere make his body react in weird ways.  

Baekhyun watches as the boy goes to pick up the bucket, spilt seeds scattered in front of it. He didn't miss the way Chanyeol held his side tentively and he raises and eyebrow, was he hurt?

"you shouldn't over feed them or they'll get constipated and it'll be hard to lay eggs" Chanyeol informs him getting up with a slight wince. 

Baekhyun didn't miss that either.

Chanyeol hands him the bucket "the easiest way to feed them is if you scatter the seeds away from you, that way if your scared, you won't be in the way of pecking beaks and flapping wings" he tell Baekhyun who was just watching the taller boy. 

"I have to get back to my work, I just thought you could use some help as I saw you were having hard time" 

Baekhyun didn't like the way he felt flattered at the thought that he took time out to come help him. The boy turns to leave but Baekhyun stops him,

"are you hurt?" he asks out of nowhere.

He eyed the hand on his side and Chanyeol lowered his hand slowly "no, I'm okay. I just kind of hit my side against a stall before coming here, so it's just a little sore" he denies 

"anyway, see you" he turns to leave and Baekhyun watches as he walks up the field past the barn, his figure getting smaller before he turns and walks behind the big, wide shed that sat idly on a small, sloped hill.

Baekhyun's mind was all over the place, he didn't know what one thing to focus on, so many things happened in that short while. He stared at the bucket in his hands and then off to where Chanyeol went, he really needed to get it together. The faster he learns whatever lesson his dad wants him to learn the faster he can go home where he can be at peace with himself without distractions.