Strangers

Surviving
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minseok had been walking for what felt like ing forever. Ever since he thought of the Jongdae guy he had been feeling uncomfortable. His stomach was in knots and he felt his heart go out of control, which was crazy for someone as cold as Minseok.

He kept walking not wanting to stop. He knew he landed himself in some deep , problem was he couldn’t remember anything. Just that Jongdae guy. Although, he now had a direction to go in. The lightning seemed to move with him, slightly ahead of him as if guiding him. He was intrigued to find that when he didn’t follow it a bolt of pure energy would fly right in front of him and he was forced to turn towards the storm he had now gotten accustomed to.

He was also no longer in the frozen area he had been in before, everything in the area he was in now was full of trees and grass. “Weird planet.” He hadn’t seen any other people, which he was happy with. He was in no mood to deal with idiotic questions.

Another roll of thunder sounded above him and Minseok noticed that the storm was a couple miles ahead of him, but it seemed to have stopped moving and was slowly disappearing. Did that mean he was near wherever the lightening was taking him? “I can’t believe I was following a ing storm. As if it could do anything to- “

The moment he said that there was a sound like to wires being put together and Minseok felt a jolt go through his system, it stung.

“Not funny you stupid cloud!” He looked up, yelling at the quickly disintegrating thunder clouds. Now he both looked and sounded crazy.

The cloud was quickly disintegrating and Minseok found himself walking for miles as the scenery around him slowly began to change. Instead of a frozen wasteland it was a regular wasteland. He scoffed at himself, his mind wandering back to the dumb face he kept seeing in his mind. He tried to remember more about what happened to him but all he saw were cold emotionless faces that may as well have been frozen. He kept his hard stare forward, unwavering. Whatever images were trying to play in his mind would not stop him from moving forward towards- wherever that dumb cloud was taking him.

He kept walking and the scenery around him changed, there were still trees but there was now sand and rocks beneath his feet, he heard crashing waves- it smelled like the sea.

The trees cleared in front of him and he saw two different places ahead of him. To his left there was a small house, it was on a hill top overlooking the beach and water. To the right he saw a small town. He headed towards the small town, hoping he could get some information about the area he was in.

….

Jongdae had been lying in bed for two days and he was sick of it. He wanted to get up and explore, he couldn’t remember anything, so he wanted to at least explore the place he was in. At least he knew his name, he was Minseok. Or at least someone close to Minseok. He still really didn’t know.

He had gotten close to Dr. Reine, Rin and Ling. Rin kept him company telling him stories about the weird place he was in. She and Dr. Reine constantly spoke to him, Ling would cook him the tastiest food and he was the one to help Jongdae when he needed anything. But, after much whining and complaining Dr. Reine had let him go to the town with her and Rin.

He was given some new clothes and they gave him a hat to cover himself, his bandages were changed, and he was ready to go. They tried not to touch him too much, he asked that they not touch him just in case he shocked someone again. It seemed like only little bolts of electricity would shoot from within him, his hair was slightly up, and it looked like it couldn’t decide whether to go up or down.

They were about to leave when Ling said he’d go with them. The four of them were walking down the small road together. Rin was talking a mile per minute and Jongdae was having trouble keeping up with her but nonetheless still laughing when he thought it was needed. She grabbed his hand and he didn’t have the heart to push her away even though he could electrocute her accidentally, he looked over at Reine for help and she just turned her head away laughing.

The closer they got the more excited Jongdae got. When they reached the small town, people came and greeted the small family. They tried to ask Jongdae some questions, but Ling kept moving them away, hoping the boy didn’t feel uncomfortable, which he didn’t. He loved talking.

Jongdae looked ahead of him and noticed a man entering a shop. He had light hair. It was a light brown color, looking almost beige but not as light. The man was wearing a shirt and jeans, Jongdae couldn’t see his face, but he wished he would turn around. A back as handsome as the mans must be accompanied with an even more handsome face. As if the man felt Jongdae calling he turned but before Jongdae could see him Ling stepped in front of Jongdae and Rin tugged on his hand, so he would pick her up. He shook his head no, and she began whining saying please. “Fine, but if you feel even the tiniest spark you’re getting down.” She nodded happily and smiled at him, Jongdae didn’t have the chance to glance at the man before he was dragged by Reine.

Minseok walked into the first place he felt would be good to get information. The small place in front of him looked good enough, he walked in ignoring the commotion that had quickly formed behind him, he was hoping to ignore as many of the inhabitants of this place as possible. “Hello! How may I help you?”

Minseok looked at the woman in front of him staying silent.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “Sir?”

Minseok looked around the place, it looked like he had walked into a store, he spotted something on the back shelf that would hide his identity, at least a little. He looked up at her and without saying anything pointed to the dark blue cap hanging on the wall. She let out what sounded like an uncomfortable laugh. “You want the cap?” He didn’t say anything and nodded. “That’ll be, 20 yuan.”

He forgot about money. He doubted the currency from EXO Planet would work here… he felt into his pockets and tried to see if the person who gave him the clothes had any money. He felt around until he felt something in the back pocket. He pulled out a 50 and gave it to the woman. She looked at him and then the money and said, “Let me just go ring this up.”

When she left he looked around the store again, there was a weird pressure on the back of his neck, as if someone were staring at him. He turned around quickly only to see a crowd of people surrounding a family. The smaller man was talking to the bigger man, and Minseok swore he knew that back. He would’v

Please log in to read the full chapter