History

Surviving
Please log in to read the full chapter

20 years ago

Baekhyun was always a social boy, he liked to communicate with others and he quickly found a way into everyone’s heart despite their status or their standoffish personality. His people were known for being social and warm creatures but he was something else. No matter where he went or what he did he both literally and figuratively lit up the room.

That could be due to his adorable twinkling eyes that never seemed to stay in one color for long forming a kaleidoscope, sometimes his eyes seemed like broken stained-glass windows and no one could ever look at them too long without feeling like they were going to go blind. His small round body caused people to coo and often want to pinch his cheeks, and despite how much he disliked his cheeks getting pinched whenever he glared people just awed, his expression being as intimidating as a newborn puppy.

He heard a deep voice call to him, “Baekhyun!” and his little body ran, his bare feet padding on the white floor. “Uncle Park!” The man scooped him up into his big arms and tucked the little boy into his chest. “How’s my favorite sun?” The little Byun just giggled, as the man continued to coddle him. “Hey Park, put my son down. His teeth are going to fall before they can completely grow in with all the sweet talk.”

Mr. Park just looked at the tall man that had come out of the shadows. He sighed putting Baekhyun down causing the boy to pout, he quickly tapped his nose and gave him his brightest smile, the stars immediately returning to Baekhyun’s eyes… Not that they had ever left, just dimmed a little. “Byun.” He addressed the man that had worked with him over the years.

 

Mr. Byun looked at his son and sent him away telling him he had to discuss some matters with the older Park.

Baekhyun quickly ran outside finding a couple of children his age and joined their game.

The two men just glared at each other. “When will you learn to stop babying him Park.”

“When will you learn to treat your son better Byun.”

The two had never gotten along well, ever since they were assigned to the same unit in the police force. Park had always heard that light wielders were kind and well… bright, like spring itself was imbedded in their very essence but the man in front of his was no spring. He was hardly a season at all… Maybe a brick. But that might offend bricks all over their planet. The man was cruel and unsympathetic, and in his soul, was embedded a malicious presence, he found that out quickly after the man nearly killed dozens of innocents trying to capture a dangerous power wielder.

Byun never liked the tall man in front of him either. Always considering him weak and incapable of making difficult decisions, the man was too compassionate, never got angry and was always smiling which irritated the younger to the ends of the universe. He had thought fire wielders were short tempered and tough, quick to get out of situations through fighting and intimidation but the man in front of him seemed to be a pacifist. Thinking it was better to talk things out then just get them over with quickly through brute force.

“What are you doing here Park? This is my house.”

“We’ve been called. The police, military and special intelligence forces have all been called in.” Despite his hatred towards the other, the man knew this was not good. If all warrior branches had been called in then there would be trouble. If there wasn’t already.

“Do you know for what?”

“The Arbor Vitae*.”

Location: EXO Planet ---

Source of Life: The Arbor Vitae ---

Universe Sector: 7

Inhabitants: Power wielders separated by class, and element.

Reason for Distress Call: Few children are being born with powers, EXO Planet is steadily losing vitality.

Solution: RF Program. Trying to reestablish life back into the planet. Commencing stage one.

History: EXO Planet was known around the universe as having some of the strongest and most respected beings in the universe. They formed a diverse culture coming directly from the Arbor Vitae. Have been established for a few millennium’s. They have seen two wars, one local and another universal. The Breakdown of the beings and categorization goes as follows –

Wielders:

Ø Light Wielders, said to be the kindest and brightest people on the planet. Their power has not been developed well over the centuries and many are limited to controlling a few orbs of light, if lucky maybe a constant beam of light. Due to inconsistencies and lack of development no new light wielders have appeared, current generational count is zero. Gets along well with almost all other power wielders except for shadow wielders and shadow wielders.

Ø Fire Wielders, said to be the most hot headed and aggressive people on the planet. Do not think before they act. This power is one of the most developed on the planet along with the water power, however, in recent years, fewer and fewer children are being born as fire wielders as this power places an immense strain on the body of the wielder unless strong enough. Few have control of their powers. Get along well with wind and flight wielders generally, and dislike everyone else.

Ø Water Wielders, said to be the most patient among the wielders. They are known for being humble and placing others ahead of themselves. The most developed power on the planet, known for controlling vast majorities of water. The most skilled can create water out of seemingly nothing, regardless of the presence of moisture in the air. Can breathe underwater and have highest control of their power. Get along well with healers, force/earth wielders and time wielders.

Ø Ice Wielders, said to be the coldest most passive people on the planet. Think of themselves as the elites of the planet, generally arrogant and cruel. Much is known about this power, responsible for the planets vast temperature regulations. The most skilled can instantly freeze both people and objects. Mood affects their powe

Please log in to read the full chapter