Waking 2/5

Surviving
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yeolie! No, stop! Don’t tickle me!”

The young Parks loud laughter could be heard resonating around the entire town. “Oh come on! You’re such a baby!” The person in front of mini Park although his height would say otherwise glared at him. Chanyeol lowered himself down to the person’s height and said, “You have such a cute glare. Aww, look at those cute pouty lips.” He coddled at the little girl in front of him. “You’re such a goof Yeolie!” The little girl was pouting until her older brother couldn’t resist but give the baby Park a tight hug his laughter sounding across the entire planet.

“Park Chanyeol! How many times have I told you not to bother you’re little sister! Stop messing around and go meet your father, he’s coming home today.” Mrs. Park was known for being a positive and friendly person. She was often shunned among the other fire wielders because she did not wield any powers, unless an abundance of love is a power.

“Alright!” The young Park looked at his little sister and gave her a quick bone crushing hug, pecking her cheek softly before leaving the house to go get his dad. “Ew, Yeol! Cooties! Why do you have to be so gross?” Mrs. Park laughed at her children, her smile lighting up the whole are and her eyes turning into little crescents. “Don’t get into any trouble young man! I don’t want Mr. Byun coming here in the middle of the night saying you got his son into trouble!” Chanyeol lightly scoffed but then smiled at his mom, “yea, sure mom. I’ll try!” He laughed as he walked out of the house.

On the way to get his father Chanyeol’s thoughts were taken to the short boy he had gotten to know better in the last month. He had one of the most interesting pair of eyes he had ever seen. But his personality was a little weird- “Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol looked up to see his father grinning, running towards him. His father was almost to him when he tripped and almost knocked Chanyeol over, luckily the boy moved away in time so his father face palmed into the floor.

1…2…3…

Chanyeol’s laughter was heard all over the universe. He knew his dad was slightly clumsy but to face palm into the ground was a new feat for him. His father was one of the heads of the protective unit on EXO Planet. Outside and at work the man was seemed to be one of the most serious, stoic and nice men ever. Everyone respected him and cherished the man. However, the person Chanyeol had grown up knowing was the furthest thing from stoic. His father had a loud boisterous laugh, fell constantly or tripped over things. He liked telling awful jokes that would get him a smack by his wife, and he was someone Chanyeol aspired to be like.

“You’re mean Chanyeolie… you’re supposed to help me, not let me fall onto the floor like that!” His father, one of the heads of the most dangerous units in EXO Planet was whining. Chanyeol helped his dad get up and greeted him. “Hey dad. Mom said to come pick you up.” The older Park groaned, “I can get home just fine! I won’t get lost!”

Chanyeol grinned knowing how terrible his father was with directions. “Oh please, you’re the one that got lost walking from the house to the local market.” The older Park laughed at the memory. His wife had to pick him up after someone he approached lent him their communication device because he had left his at home, and he had whined about how he didn’t know where he was and how his wife had to pick him up.

The two Park’s began to walk back to their comfy house. The two began discussing all topics, Chanyeol wanted to know about his dad’s work and how the prosecution of the dangerous wielders was going. The older Park just smiled softly and ruffled his son’s hair while he changed the topic to how things were going for Chanyeol and if he had been able to do more with his power than simply create a small fire on his fingers. They were talking about Chanyeol’s power and their development.

“I mean, I’m trying to release more energy than simply fire on my fingers but every time I try to release more fire I feel like I’m getting stopped.”

“Were you calm? Did you try starting the fire somewhere without using your hands? When I was first learning how to use my fire I had to tie my hands so I wouldn’t use them otherwise I would have a harder time controlling it.”

“I haven’t tried starting a fire without using my hands, I’ll try it. Although, if I tie my hands I may just burn whatever I tied.” His father laughed at the young boy.

“Alright, how about when we get home I’ll teach you how to release more of your fire?”

Chanyeol grinned up at his dad. “Yes please!” The boy practically started skipping along the road to their house if it wasn’t for his father holding him back.

“I’m slow, don’t walk too fast.” The young Park just rolled his eyes, “Please, you’ve-“

“But on a serious note, when we practice make sure you have a firm grasp on your emotions. Fire is very dangerous and we’re not always immune to it. The people around us are not immune to it at all. So you have to be careful. Okay?”

Chanyeol just nodded grinning at his dad again. “Ohh, too bright. You’re smile is too bright. My eyes can’t handle the innocence!”

“Oh please dad. You’re just as innocent as me.”

“Your mom wouldn’t say that.”

“Dross dad, really?! I didn’t need to know that!” Chanyeol blocked his ears and tried to erase the image that was forming rather rapidly in his mind.

“What are you thinking about, I’m talking about what your mother and I-“

Chanyeol screeched running from his dad yelling, “I DON’T WANT TO KNOW.”

The older Park just laughed at his silly son, chasing after him. His son ran fast, he only caught up to him because Chanyeol had stopped running and was staring at something in the sky. The older Park turned to where his son was staring and saw what had stopped his son.

Smoke.

In the direction of their home.

The two Parks bolted towards their home. When they arrived their house was burning rapidly. A bright red fire that almost resembled blood. They heard screaming and before the older Park could stop him Chanyeol rushed towards the fire. He knocked the door down and what he saw made his blood run hot and cold at the same time. His mother and little sister lay in the middle of the living room their bodies severely burned and standing behind them was what looked like a robot. It turned its head to look at him, the shape was unlike anything he had seen before that moment. Its eyes seemed to stare straight through him and take in all his weaknesses. Chanyeol saw something on its side as it observed him and what he would do, “RF_02?” The thing sensed something entering behind Chanyeol and disappeared in an instant.

Chanyeol couldn’t think, he couldn’t process what was happening.

All he saw was his mother and little sister lying in agony before him. Their bodies seemed to have been frozen in agony, the fire closed in closer to their already burned bodies and Chanyeol lost it.

He stared at the fire as though it were a living being and exploded. He released an immense amount of energy that converted into fire swallowing everything. The tears wouldn’t fall from his eyes because they were instantly evaporated by the heat in the room.

Chanyeol’s fire was uncontrollable.

The area around their home began to burn, the young 17 year old

Please log in to read the full chapter