So Close

Si Me Amas, Serva Me

Hello. I suggest you take a deeeeeeep breath before starting this chapter. Have fun! <3

 


 

‘Sunhee? Can you hear me?’ Chanyeol thought he said out.

Sunhee continued to look at him, and talk, talk, talk. “Then, I went over to....coincidence....SM...work together....”

‘Jonhson, why the hell are you ignoring me? I don’t really feel well.'

“So, after that....camera....lots of pictures...” Sunhee continued.

‘Huh?’ Chanyeol blinked. ‘Maybe I shouldn’t have had the wine.’

“Well, it’s great....flowers....really like him.”

‘I’m still talking, damn it. Please, listen to me, Sunbae. Please?’

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” Sunhee said, her eyebrows frowning. “You look like you’ll fall asleep any moment.”

‘You finally heard me talking didn’t you?’ Chanyeol thought. “Yes, I’m okay.” Chanyeol said. 

“You don’t look okay, Chanyeol-aah.” Sunhee was concerned at how droopy Chanyeol’s eyes looked with that little wine.

‘Sunhee, I-’ “Do you think wine is supposed to taste salty?” ‘Because I don’t think it is.’

“N-no, Bokchoy.”

Chanyeol’s heart beat so loud, he could literally hear it. ‘Why the hell do I feel so nauseous for.’ Chanyeol got up, but he couldn’t even feel his feet. “I need to go to the washroom.” He would’ve crashed on the floor, if Sunhee hadn’t grabbed him.

“Chanyeol, give me your phone.” Sunhee said, in a commanding voice.

‘It’s in my left pock-oh you found it.’ Sunhee unlocked it, and began to dial up a number.

“Hello, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol’s heart raced the moment he heard Baekhyun’s name slip off his sunbae’s mouth. He would have almost reprimanded her for not saying his name with enough love in her voice, had he been in the right mind. “This is Sunhee, Chanyeol’s friend.”

‘Sunhee? Johnson? Sunbae? Sunbae,I can’t hear you. Sunbae, I can’t see anything. Sunbae...Sunbae!’ Chanyeol’s breathing fastened, as his vision slowly faded, and all he could hear was a white noise. ‘Sunbae, I want to see Baekhyun. Sunbae! Sunbae, pleas-’

Darkness.

 


 

Baekhyun bit his nails, as he sat inside the taxi. His heart beat fast, even faster than the times he thought of the way Chanyeol smiled. ‘Is Chanyeol okay? Is he afraid? How bad is it? Is he hurting?’ All kinds of questions ran through Baekhyun’s brain. The twelve kilometre taxi ride from his house, didn't seem to come to an end. On seeing the lighted up sighnboard, saying ‘Seoul Medical Centre’, Baekhyun got impatient. Getting off the taxi, he quickly paid the taxi driver. He was so anxious, he didn’t even take his refund. Baekhyun ran through the front gate, and into the main entrance of the hospital.

He went over to the reception and asked the lady, “Ma’am, could you please tell me where I find Par-”

“Excuse me....Baekhyun?” A woman in a blazing red dress interrupted him.

Baekhyun’s eyes turned in the direction of the voice. His face was tired, his hair was dishevelled, and his eyes were troubled. “Yes..?”

“Oh, thank goodness you’re here. I’m Sunhee, the one who called you.”

Baekhyun’s facial expressions were enough to let Sunhee know of his concern, and she smiled knowing his concern was real.

“Come, I’ll take you to where he is.” Sunhee said, leading the way.

“Um. How is he now?” Baekhyun said, taking small steps behind the lady.

“The doctors said he was brought in at the perfect time, and that, the drug didn’t do much damage. He’ll just be sleeping for a while.”

Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief. “And, um. Do you know how he got....drugged?”

“About that,” Sunhee bit her lip a little, looking ahead with a determined look. “I need to look into that. Now that you’re here, my boyfriend and I can go investigate.”

Taking the elevator to the sixth floor of the hospital, and taking a bend at the end of the corridor, they reached the room Chanyeol was in. Baekhyun looked at Sunhee, his expression questioning if it's okay to go inside or not.

“Go on, it’s okay. He’d be glad to find you beside himself when he wakes up.” Sunhee smiled kindly.

Blushing a little, Baekhyun turned to Sunhee. “Th-thank you.” He smiled a tiny smile. “Thank you so much.” He pushed the door open quietly, and as he turned to close it, Sunhee whispered, “Take care of Bokchoy while I find out which er dared to do this to him.” Baekhyun nodded innocently, and waved goodbye to her, as she walked back, while calling dialling someone’s number from her phone.

Baekhyun closed the door quietly, and turned to look at Chanyeol, who was sleeping. He had an intravenous drip on, and a peaceful expression on his face. For a minute, Baekhyun only looked at him. Then, he walked over, and sat himself beside him.

“You really like to make me worry, don’t you Chanyeol-aah?” He said,brushing his hair, softly.

 


 

Chanyeol walked from one room to the other, but couldn’t recognise where he was. He saw the arranged stacks of magazines on the table, the pile of clothes on the sofa, the large bedroom...

‘Oh wait!’ Chanyeol said out, as he peeped inside the room. There was someone sleeping inside. The person had small frame, and had his back turned in the direction opposite to Chanyeol. His shoulders moved in a rhythmic way. Chanyeol stared for a moment, then decided to enter the room. To his right, there was a large workspace, with a desktop, and two cupboards affixed on the wall. On the table, a number of folders were stacked on top of another. He took one of them, and opened it. Written at the beginning of each file, was a name. But, it was all blurred to him. B_ _k_ _un. Pages upon pages of pictures of female models, taken with immaculate skill. Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. The same name adorned every file’s beginning. But, he still couldn’t recognise it. He picked up another file, and another one, and another one. Till he opened one file, and found pictures of himself in it.

‘H-hey. That’s me.’ Chanyeol’s heart raced. It felt like déjà vu. He turned to look at the person who was sleeping, but he wasn’t there anymore. He kept the file on the table, and ran outside, searching the house for this person.

Who was this person? What did he mean to him? Why was he feeling a sense of attachment to this person, even though he hadn’t seen his face? Why was he feeling like all this has happened before? Chanyeol clutched at his heart. He was in pain, because he couldn’t remember anything about this place or person, in spite of everything feeling so familiar.

“Hey!” He cried out. “Are you there? Where did you go?!”

He searched the living room, the kitchen, the verandah, the other smaller room. But he was nowhere. Chanyeol crashed on the sofa, his hands on his forehead, elbows resting on his knees.

“Channie?” A familiar voice called out.

“Where-Where are you?” Chanyeol cried out as he got up, and began to search for the source of the sound.

“Chanyeol-aah? I’m here!”

Chanyeol got up, and looked everywhere again, frantically. The sound of the person calling him again, and again led him to the door. He opened it, walked outside, and called out to him again. “Where are you...” When he turned back, he saw a name on the door. He frowned, the space between his eyebrows wrinkling, as he tried to read it.

B_un B_ _ k _yun.

He squinted.

Byun B_ _khyun.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as the name got sharper, and sharper in his vision, and the voice of the person calling his name got louder. And when he could finally read it, -

Byun Baekhyun.

-the name brought with itself, a tsunami of emotions. Chanyeol felt himself being swept by the waves, he struggled, he tried to keep his head above the water. Just as the water came up to his neck, and he knew he couldn’t resist drowning anymore, he shot his eyes open.

“CHANYEOL! YOU'RE AWAKE!” Baekhyun immediately got up, and called the doctor, then returned to stand beside him.  

Before Chanyeol could say anything, the doctor arrived to do a quick test. After he was done, he told Baekhyun that he was fine now, and could be discharged in a few hours, if that’s what he wanted.

When they left, Chanyeol began to talk. “B-Baekhyun, what are you doing here?” His heart beat faster than he thought it’d beat when he saw Baekhyun with his messy appearance, which looked cuter than anything else.

Baekhyun sat down beside Chanyeol, on the chair.  “You were drugged, you idiot. Don’t remember anything?”

"No..." Chanyeol stared at the ceiling. “Well, I do remember walking over to Jongdae, meeting Johnson, talking to Johnson....and nothing really.”

“Johnson?” Baekhyun said, confused.

“Oh. Sorry, my bad. It’s Sunhee sunbae. She was my senior in school. More than that, she is one of my best friends.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Oh! Sunhee!” Baekhyun said. “She was the one who brought you here.”

“Yeah, she’s nice.” Chanyeol’s heartbeat hadn’t calmed down, since. He looked at Baekhyun with the corner of his eyes to see him looking at him. He immediately looked away.

Baekhyun giggled a little. “What’s wrong, big boy?”

“N-nothing. I-I was drugged?” Chanyeol pouted.

“Mmhm.” Just then, he put his head on Chanyeol’s bed near his shoulder. “I got so worried, Chanyeollie.”

“I’m sorry, Baekkie.” Chanyeol said, snuggling up to Baekhyun, placing his cheek on the top of Baekhyun’s head.

They stayed like that for a moment, until Chanyeol broke the silence.

“Oh! By the way-”

Baekhyun raised his head off the bed. “Hmm?”

“I think I was dreaming of your house.” Chanyeol said.

“My house?”

“Yeah. I was trying to find you, or something. I don’t know. It was weird.”

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol for a bit. “Hey, Chanyeollie?”

“Hm?”

Baekhyun did not know what came to him, but something surely did, and he spoke out. “Do you wanna go home with me?”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun for a second. “W-will you make me some soup?”

Baekhyun laughed. “Okay, I will.”

 


 

“Hey, Youngjin?” Sunhee asked her boyfriend while leaning back onto the car seat, “Who do you think drugged Chanyeol?”

“Mm, I don’t know, honey. You said the waiter asked for you to get it, didn’t you?” Youngjin’s voice softened.  “Are you sure it wasn’t meant for you?”

Sunhee sighed. “I don’t know, Jin-aah. I jus-I don’t know why anyone would want to drug either of us.”

Youngjin, Sunhee’s boyfriend, was one of the producers who worked for SM Entertainment. To say the least, he had also worked for EXO. As soon as Sunhee had told him of Chanyeol, Youngjin had let manager-hyung know, and asked to keep it a secret, till Sunhee herself told the members. He also requested the restaurant to gather a list of attendees, and the list of those who had left.

On reaching the venue, Sunhee and Youngjin walked into the main hall, and called for the EXO members to meet at a private venue. Namely- the roof.

“Gentlemen.” Sunhee said, in a stern voice. Youngjin stood right behind her, internally smiling at his lover’s fierceness. “Had a lovely night?” Sunhee smiled sarcastically. Not to mention, the faces of the members weren’t exactly at their best.

“I’m sorry, but what is the reason for calling us out here?” Kim Junmyeon said out.

“Please count the number of members. Do you spot anyone missing?”

Junmyeon looked around. “Yes. Chanyeol. But, you need not worry. He’s probably gone back to the dor-”

Sunhee snickered. “Sorry, what did you say?” The members looked upon her with a frown on their face. “Probably? Dorm? I am extremely sorry but, is this how close you guys are?”

Sunhee had been testing the members’ patience, and downright calling them out on being so laid-back, and inattentive of their fellow member's whereabouts. That, clearly, wasn’t received well by the members. They had a displeased look on their face. Sunhee, too, knew that she was crossing the line. She continued-

“Anyway.” She said as the ferocious look in her eye returned. “He was drugged, tonight.”

The sentence made the group gasp collectively.

“What?!” Jongin said out. “Wh-where is he?”

“He’s in safe hands right now. So, don’t bother.”

“Could you tell us about the matter clearly, please?” Kyungsoo quietly said.

Sunhee sighed, as she told them the entire string of events, starting from her relationship with Chanyeol, their reunion, and their catching-up on the roof. She told them of the waiter, and she told them how Chanyeol had been behaving weirdly after taking the drink. She told them that the doctor said it was a drug named GHD, and it’s a common party drug. The members were shook, and almost regretted leaving Chanyeol alone back at the dorm.

“And-And how is he now?” Jongdae said out.

“He’ll be better. He just needs some rest.” Sunhee said.

“What did you say the waiter looked like?” Jongin said, his eyes furious. “Can’t wait to punch that er in the face.”

Sunhee smiled. “That’s right. For that, we need your help, gentlemen.”

 


 

“We’re here.” Baekhyun said, stopping the taxi. He made Chanyeol wear a surgical cap and mask, which he had borrowed from the hospital staff, in order to conceal the fact that he was an idol. They got off the taxi, and headed towards Baekhyun’s apartment.

When they reached, Chanyeol began to look everywhere. “Yes. This is it.” Chanyeol said, as he ran around Baekhyun’s apartment, pointing at things and saying things like- “Yes!", "Yes, yes." ,"Oh, right!", "Oh, I missed the plant.", "Wait was this even there before?", "How could I miss this?!”

Baekhyun giggled at Chanyeol’s activities. “What are you doing, jumping around like that, Chanyeol-ah?” He said as he headed over to the kitchen.

“This is it, Baekkie! This was what I dreamt of!” Chanyeol sat on the sofa. “Oooo, even the feel of the sofa is the same!”

Baekhyun listened on as the giant kept saying things, and being overly happy, at God knows what. He got the vegetable tray out, and began to search for carrots. “Eh, I thought I had a few left...” He said to himself as he shuffled through the vegetables again and again. Just then, he felt large arms wrap around his waist, and a familiar fragnance drift in. “Ch-chanyeol, what are you doing?” Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s heart beat, which was beating almost as fast as his was. The giant lowered his head to rest it on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Maybe, I’m drunk.” Chanyeol mumbled. Baekhyun had turned red, it would’ve brought a tomato to shame. Just then, Baekhyun spotted something orange peeking from the vegetable tray. Grabbing it, he struck Chanyeol with it, softly, on his head.

“No, you’re not.” Baekhyun smiled.

Chanyeol giggled a bit, then took a deep breath. “Yeah, I’m not.” Then, he let go. “What are you doing?”

“Making soup, you .” Baekhyun didn’t remember when he had become this close to Chanyeol that he could call him an ‘idiot’ and a ‘’ with as much love as when he called him ‘channie’ or ‘chan’ or ‘chanyeollie’, and Chanyeol would understand that it so.

“Ah, right. I demanded soup, didn’t I?” Chanyeol sighed, as he took the carrot from Baekhyun’s hand and began to smell it. It invited a ‘hey, give it back’ from Baekhyun, and a ‘hey, get it back’ from Chanyeol in return. Then, it grew into a game where little Baekhyun tried really hard to take the carrot- tip toeing, and all-, but the giant wouldn’t give it to him, not ever. Chanyeol laughed as he saw Baekhyun pout, and give up in the end. “Fine, then. No soup for you.”

‘Oops.’ Chanyeol said to himself. He brought himself near Baekhyun’s ear and slowly said, “But, I don’t need soup, Baekkie.” Chanyeol’s ears turned red. “I only need you.”

In a moment of absolute silence, Chanyeol began to wonder if he’d been too direct, and Baekhyun began to contemplate if he really was drunk, and how dare he make his heart feel like that in a fraction of a second. In a quiet little corner of his mind, Baekhyun was screaming like it was the end of his life.

“Okay, mister-” Baekhyun said turning around. But, Chanyeol was so close-so close that Baekhyun could notice the dark lines in his dark brown iris, and how he had the tiniest mole underneath his right eye. Chanyeol had been looking at Baekhyun, just the same- confused as to which eye he should look into. Baekhyun’s sight kept trailing down to Chanyeol’s soft lips, and the desire to bring his lips closer to his, was driving him insane. He looked away. But-

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol put his hand on the photographer’s cheek, his ring and little finger behind his ears, and the thumb softly caressing the top of the cheek. It made Baekhyun tremble, and send chills down his spine. Chanyeol looked at him lovingly. “Look at me, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun raised his eyes to meet Chanyeol’s as thunderbolts crashed upon their skin, and thunder sounded in their hearts. They were so close that the both could hear each other’s hearts beat like a festival drum, but confused it for their own. The more Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, the more he wanted to. There was no speck of malice in Baekhyun’s eyes, only an innocent softness which he wanted to melt into.

“Can I kiss you?” Chanyeol asked, his voice much lower, and his ears redder than they had ever been.

To Baekhyun, it all happened in slow motion. Looking away once, then looking back into Chanyeol’s eyes, him trying to conceal his smile as he nodded slowly, Chanyeol’s half open eyes, as he tilted his neck, the way he brought Baekhyun’s face closer, and how soft it felt when their lips touched. Chanyeol parted to have a look at Baekhyun’s face, then leaned in again, lifting his face a little higher, and engulfing Baekhyun’s lower lip in his own. Baekhyun clutched at Chanyeol shirt, as his mouth grew familiar to the warmth of Chanyeol's. Chanyeol still smelt like the mint toothpaste the hospital had cleaned his mouth with. In an attempt to direct Baekhyun's face in the other direction, their noses bumped against each other. At that, Chanyeol smiled into Baekhyun’s lips, and after the kiss was broken, Baekhyun was a blushing and panting mess. Seeing Baekhyun like that, Chanyeol pulled him in, and squeezed him in his arms.

“Baekkie?” Chanyeol spoke softly, happiness coating the nickname.

“Hm?” Baekhyun tried to speak from within Chanyeol’s hold.

“Thank you for being in my life.”

 


 

YES. YES YES YES. You guys have no idea how much I fangirled while writing this. Time and again, ChanBaek keep growing on me. *wipes tear* Oh, my babies. 

ANYWAY. Thank you, as usual, for keeping up with my story. Thank you for all the love and support I've been getting. 

If you have any questions, comments, or just random fangirl squeaks, feel free to say it all in the comments. A lot of love. <3