Nam Dongsun

Si Me Amas, Serva Me

“I was the one to file that case.” Sunhee uttered quietly.

Everyone was left dumbfounded for a minute. Chanyeol looked at Sunhee with his mouth slightly open, trying to register what his childhood best friend had just said. He wasn’t being able to fully accept the thought yet. This prompted him to speak out a little ‘what’ to himself, which in turn brought Sunhee’s attention to the large-eared man. She turned to face him, and let out a little smile. There were no traces of anger, or grief. Just a little glimpse of hope and an ‘it’s okay and it will be okay’. Her eyes bore strength, and her eyes bore love. Baekhyun, who had been standing beside Chanyeol, noticed what exactly the look meant and it stirred his emotions so much, that a chill ran down his spine.

“You’re such a strong woman, Sunhee.” Baekhyun muttered softly. His instincts took over once again, as he spoke out the words. On realising it, he corrected himself quickly. “I mean-I didn’t-um-I’m sorry...”

The way Baekhyun stuttered in embarrassment, led Sunhee to laugh out lightly. “Thank you, Baekhyun.” She tilted her head just a little bit, and smiled. Then, turning towards Chun Shinwook, Sunhee continued- “So, where is Mr. Nam “”son nowadays?”

The expression on Sunhee’s eyes now, was a completely different one. Her eyes were lit up by a fire-like sheen, fierce and intense.


“Excuse me, Sir. There’s someone here to see you.” The butler said to the man with ash blond hair who, at that point of time, was busy scribbling away on one of his notebooks. Not drawing, or sketching. Just scribbling- lines and curves and, lines and curves.

Without looking up at the butler, and still scribbling, the man spoke in a low, gravelly voice. “I don’t want to see anyone. Ask them to leave.” The scribbling fastened.

“But Sir-”

“But what?”

“S-sir, it’s Jeong Sunhee.”

The scribbling stopped and the man lifted his head to look at the butler. There was an odd sheen in his dull, lifeless eyes as he tilted his head slightly and smiled.

“Sunhee? Here?” He sighed. “Ask her to wait in the dining area. I’ll get dressed and meet her there.”

The man got off his bed and begun to take his robes off almost immediately. His age hadn’t come in the way of his workout sessions, and he could be easily confused for a model with his toned torso and sharp jawline. The butler was taken aback for a second. “Well, what are you waiting for?” The half- man asked the butler as he noticed him standing there, reddening up a little.

“Oh, yes. Sorry, sir. Yes. I’ll ask them to wait in the dining hall.” He quickly closed the door and ran out.

“Them?”


“Sunhee, are you really sure about this?!” Chanyeol screamed from across the room.

Sunhee, Youngjin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrived at Youngjin’s place to retire for the night, and to discuss what was to be done.

“Yes.”

“But, meeting up with the man who....” Chanyeol flinched. “I’m so sorry I never knew, Sunhee. I feel like I failed as your frie-”

“Shut up, Bokchoy.” Sunhee said out loud. “You did not fail me as a friend and neither should you feel sorry for me. You guys went through a lot in the past two years. And I didn’t suffer much, Bokchoy. Look at me. I landed a stable job at SM after that event, met a beautiful man like Youngjin, and reunited with my childhood best friend. Yes, there was pain. But pain does come to an end.” Sunhee paused for a while, then continued with a determined tone in her voice. “And I will put be the one to put an end to it, for once and for all.”

Chanyeol looked at Sunhee with a distant look in his eyes. There was silence in the room, when Baekhyun and Youngjin entered with food.

“What’s with the silence? I thought you fell asleep or something.” Baekhyun said, keeping the packaging on the table.

Sunhee and Chanyeol collectively looked at Youngjin and Baekhyun.

“I decided I’m going to meet Dongsun and sort things out.” Sunhee said, as she opened her share of food, and begun to poke at the noodles with a fork.

“What?! Come on, Sunhee. Don’t do this.” Youngjin grasped her hand.

A smile escaped Sunhee’s lips. “Don’t be afraid, Jin-ah. It’s going to be just a talk.”

“But I- you- I can’t forgive the man. I can’t- I really...” Youngjin’s breathing fastened. The man was really in love with Sunhee.

Sunhee kept the fork down, got up and moved towards Youngjin’s chair. She walked up to him and embraced him. “Please don’t worry so much. It will be okay. I will put an end to this, I promise. And I’ll be safe, Jinaaah.” She patted his head. “Come on, now. Your juniors can’t see you like this.”

Baekhyun exchanged glances with Chanyeol. “Um.” Baekhyun said out. “Is it okay if I accompany you?”

The three looked at Baekhyun.

“I sort of have an idea.” Baekhyun said, his eyes glistening.


Ding dong.

Baekhyun rang the doorbell for the second time. Sunhee and him were standing in front of a mansion in the quieter side of Seoul. The door was fairly large, and the mansion too, looked very royal as it was.

“Why isn’t anyone opening the door.” Sunhee mumbled.

“Third time’s a charm!”

Baekhyun rung the doorbell again, and when he did, a tall, lean man in a black suit emerged at the door. “Yes?” He didn’t seem pleased.

“Is this him?” Baekhyun whispered to Sunhee.

“No.” She whispered to Baekhyun. Then, turning to the man, she continued. “We’d like to meet Mr. Nam.”

“Sorry, but he’s unavailable at the moment.”

“Please. It’s important. I know he’s in there. Tell him it’s me. Jeong Sunhee.”

The butler raised his eyebrows. “Ma’am, are you sure...”

“Yes.”

“Okay, ma’am. Please wait here.”

After a while of waiting, and another, the man came back and opened the door. “Please, come in.” As they walked through the main stairwell into the large dining area, Baekhyun began to talk to the man.

“Are you his relative...or something?” Baekhyun said softly.

“Hahah, no. I’m afraid not.” The man smiled. “I’m his butler.”

“BUTLER?!” Baekhyun was surprised. “I thought butlers are old and have grey hair.”

The man laughed out. “You sure are funny, Sir.” Pausing for a moment, he continued. “Please wait here. Mr. Nam will be here after getting dressed. Would you like some tea?”

“No, thank you.” Sunhee cut in. “We’re just here to talk.”

Around ten minutes later, a man with ash grey hair walked out, wearing a wine red silken dressing gown.

Sunhee’s heartbeat was all over the place, and her blood curdled up, looking at the man.

“Hey there, you piece of .” Sunhee said out.

The man walked toward Sunhee, and took a seat beside her. “Hello, sweetheart.”

Baekhyun peeked from the other side, in disgust, and said, “Hello from my side too.”

Dongsun ignored Baekhyun, kept his arm on the table, wrist on his chin, and continued, as he looked at Sunhee, “What brings you here?”

Sunhee smirked. “Well, you would know better wouldn’t you?”

“Would I?”

The man was starting to get to Sunhee’s nerves.

“Well, why don’t you start by telling me why you tried to drug Cha- no- me to death.”

“Drug you? Hahahahah” The man burst into a laughter. “Why would I drug you, darling? I don’t drug the things I’m fond of.” The man’s lips curled into a smile.

Sunhee’s anger began to surface and her cheeks began to turn red. “Then? Who was it intended to?”

“I don’t even know what you’re talking about, darling. I mean, why are you accusing me of things I haven’t done.” Dongsun leaned back in his chair and signalled his butler to leave.

“Stop lying, you bastard. I saw your equipment set up- the flash explosives.” Baekhyun spoke up.

Dongsun eyed Baekhyun from top to bottom. Then, looking at him with a sharp look he said, “Who the are you?”

“Oh haha you finally noticed me.” Baekhyun smiled sarcastically. “I’m Byun Baekhyun.”

Dongsun clicked his tongue. “Whatever.”

“Mr. Nam, you should give up. We have witnesses and proof. The person whom you assigned to do your dirty job is also in our custody. We have everything we need to get you arrested. You could confess why you did it, get arrested and it could be done in silence. Or, we could make an issue out of this, you could get arrested and that’d ruin your public image further.” Sunhee said. “What I mean to say is, you’re not roaming free this time.”

“Hahahahahaha.” Dongsun broke out into a laughter once again. It was maniacal, with a tinge of desperation. The laughter exuded nothing else, but mockery. “Hahah, wait let me breathe.” Calming down a little, he continued. “Dear, dear.” He, then, spoke in a low voice, leaning forward to where Sunhee was. “Wasn’t getting out of that one controversy enough to prove you my power? You think you can threaten me dryly? Should I curl up like a ball and tremble in fear?” He moved his hands and body to mimic the words he just said, and continued to laugh once again.

This gesture led Sunhee to get intimidated and she got up from her seat, when Dongsun grabbed her hand.

“You know, Sunhee, I-” Dongsun said, as he looked at her. “I really liked you. I could’ve given you the WORLD if you wanted it, I could’ve satisfied you.”

“L-leave my hand, you bastard.” Sunhee spoke in a stern voice.

Dongsun stared at her for a brief moment and let go, with force. He continued speaking. “But all you ever wanted was to meet that brat...what’s his name...Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun’s heart thumped.

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol. Why the were you so infatuated with that kid when I was right in front of you?” There was a frenzied look in Dongsun’s eyes. “And when I tried to make you mine, you just...pushed me away. Just like that. And took my job away with it too.” He clicked his tongue. “But now you’re back to me, aren’t you? You’ll be mine now, won’t you?” Dongsun proceeded to hold Sunhee’s hand again but she slapped it away. “Don’t you dare touch me.” Sunhee said, sharply.

“Okay,okay. I won’t.” Dongsun withdrew his hands. “We can take it slow, if you want.”

‘Wait. This conversation is drifting in a completely different direction. He’s not admitting to his crimes at all.’ Baekhyun thought. ‘We have to finish this, before my battery runs out.’

“We’re leaving. Let’s go Baekhyun.” Sunhee tugged at Baekhyun’s arm, and it brought back Baekhyun’s attention.

“Wait, Sunhee.” Baekhyun said out. “He’s sort right, you know. He’s so much better than Chanyeol by so many ways. He’s handsome, is rich. And have you seen this house?! You should be with him instead.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Baekhyun?” Sunhee’s eyes burned in anger.

“Ohhhh, Mr. Byun is intelligent.” Dongsun said as he put his arms around Baekhyun’s shoulder, but he shrugged them away. He looked at Sunhee and winked slightly. Baekhyun’s intentions were clear to Sunhee.

“And, Sunhee....you wouldn’t feel guilty about it either.” Baekhyun paused. “Now that Chanyeol is gone.” Baekhyun’s heart beat like a train, and his insides did a backflip as he said the words. He apologized to Chanyeol a hundred times, in his mind.

Dongsun looked at Sunhee, then at Baekhyun.

“What?” he said. “WHAT?!” And then, he burst into another one of those crazy laughters. “What are you saying?! He’s gone?!? You mean to say....he’s really..?!? Haahhahahah. I WAITED FOR THIS FOR SO LONG, NEVER KNEW IT WOULD WORK. HAHAHAHAH..”

Yes. Yes, spill it. Get this, Chanyeol. Get this, Youngjin. This is it.

 Dongsun gave away most of his confessions in his maniacal monologue. After he was done, Baekhyun was the first to speak.

“Did you get this Youngjin?” He spoke.

“Who? Who’s Youngjin?” Dongsun was visibly shaking from the adrenaline rush.

Just then, police sirens sounded around the mansion. “Oh, they’re here.” Sunhee said.

“Who’s here?!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” Dongsun behaved like a lunatic.

“Sorry, Mr. Nam. But this is it for you.” Baekhyun said, as the man collapsed to the floor, kneeling.

Soon, the police arrived, along with Chanyeol and Youngjin who had been listening and viewing the whole footage through one of Baekhyun’s secret spectacle cameras.

When Chanyeol arrived, Baekhyun ran up to him and the giant pulled him in for a hearty embrace. “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I take it all back, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun muttered onto his chest.

“It’s okay! It’s okay, Baekkie. You did it for a reason. I’m proud of you.” Chanyeol patted his head.

Sunhee hugged the two too, followed by Youngjin who hugged the three. They remained in that position for a while. The police had arrested the man on grounds of ual harassment, and attempted homicide.

An episode of excruciating pain, and hot tears had just been put to an end.

 


Hi, guys! I AM THOROUGHLY SORRY FOR BEING THIS LATE. Our family suffered heavy losses of various kinds, and I had to take care of my family. My family is really important to me. And, I had to be there, because this was one of those times when I really really had to. Along with that, my exams, my field trip, and self-consuming thoughts, and everything else, I delayed everything a lot. I'm also sorry if this chapter isn't like the previous ones, because I haven't written in a very long time, and writing this, felt like a challenge. Hope you'll still like it. I mean....yeah. :3 SORRY I'M SO AWKWARD.

Well, on a happier note. I FINALLY WROTE SOMETHING. I am so happy for myself. I hope I get my flow back, in time. Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU GUYS. I hope you all will have a beautiful year ahead. I love ya'll a lot. Thank you for existing. 

Also idk but I want to ship the butler with Dickson a bit I mean idk I just....thought about it. It's cute. Maybe I'll write an OC one-shot spin off based on this. Also also also. If you're reading this, please leave comments, let me know how you feel about this. I really need a boost. :3