Epilogue

Si Me Amas, Serva Me

Beep beep beep beep beep

The sound of the alarm clock woke Baekhyun up.  As he turned the alarm off, scratched his eyes, and yawned, he tossed to the other side to have a look at the sleeping face of Park Chanyeol. He looked happy, serene, like a child with no worries of the world.

He smiled.

It had been seven months since Nam Dongsun had been arrested. Since then, a couple of things had happened. Sunhee and Youngjin got engaged, Chanyeol’s bonding with EXO became stronger as the group rose to an immense level of fame and respect than ever before, Shinwook’s sister’s surgery was a success, and finally, Chanyeol and Baekhyun got together, with Chanyeol lazying around at Baekhyun’s small apartment at least thrice a week.

“Baekkiee, can you change that stupid alarm. It always wakes me up with you.” Chanyeol uttered slowly. His voice was thick and low in the morning, often husky. Baekhyun was particularly fond of it, because even after seven months of waking up next to each other, it still seemed to do just the right things in his body.

Baekhyun giggled softly. “Hey, you sleepyhead.” He crawled to where Chanyeol was, and planted a tender kiss on his eyelids, which in turn led Chanyeol to open his eyes to Baekhyun smiling at him, lovingly. “Do you have to go to SME today?”

“Nope.” Chanyeol said.

“Great! Me neither.” Baekhyun wriggled into Chanyeol’s arms, and Chanyeol pulled him as close as he could. They stayed like that for a while.

“Then...” Chanyeol spoke in his low voice again. “Why don’t we go somewhere today?”

“Mm, like where?” Baekhyun mumbled.

“The riverside?”

“Are you sure, Chan? Lots of people.”

“I know a secret place.”

Baekhyun peeked above from Chanyeol’s chest. “Honestly, how many secret locations do you know.”

Chanyeol chuckled. “Just enough to sneak away, time to time.”

 


 

‘This feels familiar’ Baekhyun thought to himself, as he found himself on the passenger seat once again. Something about car rides always made Baekhyun sleepy, and this time, he fell asleep all at once.

“Baekkie, we’re here.” Chanyeol shook Baekhyun by his shoulders.

Baekhyun opened his eyes to see the blue of the river Han, a distant Seoul skyline, and the mountains behind them. The car was parked in front of a small house.

“Whoaaaa.” Baekhyun said out loudly. “Don’t tell me-”

“Yup. This place belongs to our family. And we're staying the night. I've made arrangements.”

“Wow. The view is stunning..” Baekhyun said in awe as he walked forward and sat himself on the grass. Chanyeol followed him and sat beside him. He began to tell him stories from his childhood, about the place they were in, and how he used to catch fish with his father, at the very same place as they were now. They laughed and talked, until a comfortable silence engulfed them for a while.

Baekhyun sighed, and went on to slide down to the ground, keeping his head on Chanyeol’s thigh, eyes closed. “This is nice.” Chanyeol said as he began to move his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, affectionately. Then he leaned in, brushed Baekhyun’s hair off his forehead, and kissed him.

Baekhyun opened his eye, and something on Chanyeol’s arm caught his attention.

Si me amas, serva me.

‘Why does this feel so familiar?’ Baekhyun thought to himself. ‘Damn, déjà vu moment.’

“Channie, you know what?” Baekhyun said , after a while.

“Hm?”

“I just had a déjà vu moment.”

 “Whoa, does it feel weird?”

“Sort of, I guess.” Baekhyun shrugged. “When did you get that tattoo?”

“This one?” Chanyeol said, pointing to the tattoo Baekhyun had been eyeing all this time. “I got it a few months before the winter comeback of 2015. To think about it...I got it nearly at the same time as I met you. Weird isn’t it?”  Chanyeol paused for a while, as Baekhyun giggled softly and nodded for a yes. “Hey,Baekhyun-aah?”

“Hm?”

“You know I love you, right?” Chanyeol’s eyes shone as his gaze poured into Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun's heart beat wildly as Chanyeol made this unexpected statement.

With the bustle of the city having died down, and the only sound being the rustling of leaves in the wind, the occasional chirping of birds, and the low stridulating sound of crickets, two hearts beat in unison, in acknowledgement of what they felt for one another- an undying, selfless love which deemed to protect, and promised to make each other happy, in any adversity. What was even better, was that they both knew.

“I know, Chanyeol-ah.” Baekhyun said, tenderly kissing Chanyeol’s lips. “I know.”

 

fin


 

AHHHHH. This marks the end of Si Me Amas Serva Me, my very first fanfiction everrrr. It's almost 4 AM, and I can't help but feel super excited about it, because it may be the only piece of literature I have ever finished. I still have a lot of things to talk about , about the OCs, about the characters, about the storyline, and I will do that. But, not today. I will do it in a new chapter, in a few days. For now, you need to soak in the warmth of the ending. Thank you so much for being a part of this tiny little adventure with me. It's been my pleasure to meet you all. 

See you at Of Wind and Gold, which continues next week! 

PS: Vote on the poll, for the bonus chapter!