Prologue

Si Me Amas, Serva Me

"Look towards the left a little bit." "YES. Stay like that." "Move your chin towards me." "Yes, much better." "Bring that flower closer." "Here, like this." "Okay’ 'Turn to the other side." "Ptch. No,no,no. The other way." "Holy , that's perfect." "Do the lights feel too hot for you? You're sweating." "Alright, let's take a break." "EXCUSE ME. A glass of water, and touch ups for this young lady, please!"

 

What a tough day at work. It was 4PM and Byun Baekhyun, the youngest photographer to win the Golden Polaroid Award, and the first so from South Korea, was already on his sixth assignment. Being a freelancer was difficult, especially when you're wanted by the hundred different companies out there. And don't have a permanent job.

 

"When is this going to end?" he said out loud, as he walked into the smoking area and lit a cigarette. He only smoked when he felt stressed, or so he thought. ‘It's just the work load.’ He'd say all the time. But, he found himself escaping to smoke more often, nowadays. Of course, he hardly smoked at work, but today was a different day.

 

The heavy smoke filled his chest, and he breathed it out, wishing he could smoke his tiredness out like that.

 

He was leaning against the wall, when his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. In a swift move, he took it out and read the name. His eyes widened in wonder, and he bit his lip as he felt a tinge of nervousness move through his body. He cleared his throat, and picked it up immediately.

 

"Yes, Sir." "I'm good, Sir. Thank you. How are you?" "Haha, no it's okay." "Yes, I'm free tomorrow." "I'll be there, yes." "At noon? Yes, absolutely." "Alright, thank you."

 

His heart thumped, and he was the happiest he had been all month. ‘I would finally get to work with them.’ he smiled to himself as he thought of this. The call ended, and he quickly dialled up another number.

 

"Hello, yes?" Baekhyun faked a sick voice, and coughed. "I'm so sorry, but can we reschedule tomorrow's session to another day?" "Yes, I'm alright." He coughed a little harder. "Just a little sick." And again. "Thank you, yes. Haha, yes I'll take medicine, thank you again." He kept the phone in his pocket, and began to think of tomorrow.

 

Would I really be able to work with them?’ he thought to himself for a brief second.

 

But he couldn't afford to think of it now, he had to get back to work. "Are we ready?" He said sternly, making his way back inside.