Chapter 07 -- Painful memories

Love and hate[ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Narrator's P.O.V

  After the fun and memorable night, Solar and Moonbyul became closer with each other. They would often hangout with each other after school and during class time, they would pass notes to each other when the teacher is not paying attention to them. They would walk towards the canteen together during recess with their hands intertwined, Although a lot of student would stare at them because of the rumour of Moonbyul being arrogant and have no friends that is spread all over the whole school, Solar would just ignore them. Moonbyul would sometimes feel uncomfortable and scared of the stares they received, but Solar would always comfort her whenever she observes the uncomfortable face of Moonbyul by squeezing the hands of Moonbyul's tighter, signalling her that to ignore them and easing the tension.

  One day, their teacher announced to the whole class, "Ok, so as you know the school's 17th anniversary is in a few weeks, the school has decided to let our level to manage the funfair, further details would be explained later so for now let's just split into 2 teams -- one will in charge of the games while the other in charge of decorating the food stalls!" Their teacher's announcement brought the students with mixed feelings. Some whined and complained as they had always hated group projects, some sighed as they knew that they would be one of the last few ones to be called into a group and some cheered in excitement, which includes Solar.

   "Ok, shh... I'll now choose two representatives and it'll be Solar and Vernon! Please come to the front now!" The teacher then announced again. Moonbyul turned her head to look at Solar's reaction and seeing Solar as happy as a lark, smiling like a fool makes her feel happiness as well. She might look cold and arrogant on the outside but her personality says otherwise. She was often being left alone by other people, no one in her class wanted to be her teammate and friend when it comes to teamwork and friendship, another word to say, people in her class always ignore her existence as if she doesn't even exist in her class. She was way too underappreciated!

Moonbyul's P.O.V

  After being the first one to get chosen by Solar,  I walked towards the front confidently. As the process continues, I heard Solar calling someone called Wheein. This name sounded so familiar! It can't be the same person right? I thought. I know there was someone in my class called Wheein, but I had never cared about anyone in my class because of fearing that they would criticise me like what other people do, hence it was now when I started wondering if 'Wheein' , this person was the past 'trustworthy'' friend of mine. As the so called "Wheein" began walking forward, my eyes followed her, reconizing her facial features and comparing with the features of that 'Wheein' I knew in the past.

  After multiple attempts of comparing, I finally concluded that it was the same person as I recognized her deep dimples when she smiled at me. She might neither recognize me nor remember the heartbreaking relationship we had before when we were younger, but that unforgettable incident made me learnt an extremely important lesson which is not to trust anyone until you had fully understood them, especially those who suddenly stands out for you which they don't normally do. It would forever be etched in my mind.

 

Flashback

  Back when I was in elementary school, there was this group of girls called 'Gfriend' , meaning girlfriend. Although the name might sound nice, their personalities says otherwise. They have a total of five members including their leader known as the daughter of the principal of that school called 'Hwang Eunbi' which is also known as 'SinB'. No one dared to disobey her orders, even the teachers. She was like the boss of the school, ordering people around to help her do the things she wanted while me, I was one of the most popular star pupils in the school along with two other people called Wheein and Hwasa. We were pretty close with one another but they were best friends, unlike me who was only their friend.

  One day, when I was climbing up the stairs towards the mini rooftop garden in our school to find Wheein to discuss about our school work, I saw Hwasa crying and Wheein having puffy red eyes while comforting her and pleading SinB to give them another chance. She was on the verge of crying. I clenched my fists tightly and started grinding my teeth in anger upon seeing that. Anger was overwhelming myself. I wanted to just storm out and help Wheein as well as Hwasa but I was afraid at the thought of SinB abusing her power on me, seeing the disappointed faces of my parents and the very one reason that cause me to have no choice but to not help my friends. I could not bear to see Wheein crying, she was my crush afterall and I would do whatever it takes to maintain her bright smile. I wanted to see her dimples that were like the Grand Canyon, I wanted her to notice my love for her, but I don't want my scholarship to be taken and give extra worries to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter