Chapter 06 -- Reconciliation

Love and hate[ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Narrator's P.O.V

  A few days has passed. Solar has completely viewed Moonbyul differently after that incident, from a cold-hearted to a pathetic child who needed warmth and happiness and the way to provide those for her is to make friends, especially best friends. She thinks that Moonbyul needed a best friend to accompany her so to encourage her when she is feeling down, to regain her smile and to be her guiding light when she's confused in the complete darkness path. She was very determined to help Moonbyul and she also promised herself that she would be that one best friend of Moonbyul.

  Few days after the incident, Solar tried convincing Moonbyul to follow her during recess to make new friends, but Moonbyul still refused to. It's obvious that Solar was the one making an effort to help Moonbyul but Moonbyul was the one being stubborn and not willing to move on and give up her cold and arrogant image that everyone in school had assumed her to be. She was afraid and shy as she was an introvert and had always used to be a loner. Telling her to change immediately was very challenging to her. 

  Solar had squeezed all her brain juice just to find solutions to get Moonbyul to make friends, day by day. She tried and tried, but nothing works. Soon, she was exhausted from doing all this. It was all useless if Moonbyul did not put in any effort to change. Hence, she decided to talk up her thoughts and feelings to Moonbyul and persuade her to open up her heart for other people and change her mindset that no one would care for her and she would always be a loner. 

Solar's P.O.V

  Thinking that all the actions I did previously were useless, I decided to have a talk with Moonbyul, hence I wrote a post-it note and pasted it on her table since she would definitely ignore me if I mentioned about the matter.

  Upon seeing the note, she went on to write the reply and returned the post-it note back to me. Ok, 8 p.m. at the beach near your house. I read. After reading the reply, I glanced at Moonbyul again and flashed a smile on my face.

 As I arrived at the beach, I went on to search for her. Upon seeing her sitting down on the pristine white sand looking at the stars, I sat beside her and patted her shoulders, signalling her that I had arrived. I then went on to ask her without hesitation. "Ya! Why did you not want to let me help you?" I questioned. Hearing the question, she sighed, as if she had already knew what I was going to talk about.

  She then answered, "it's not that I did not want you to help me make new friends, it's just that I could not overcome all the bad experiences I suffered in school. Telling me to change all of a sudden is impossible so please give me some more time." Moonbyul explained. I was really frustrated after hearing that, it has been 1 month after the incident and Namjoon had already stopped disturbing her after being expelled from school along with s so practically no one would be bothering her. If that's the case, what is obstructing Moonbyul from changing. I just don't understand...

Moonbyul's P.O.V

  Frustration took over me as Solar asked a question related to this particular topic. I sighed as I answered, knowing that my expectations of the purpose of this talk was right. "Solar, changing to a new person and recovering from my bad experiences takes time. It has only been 1 month, how would you expect me to recover and change in such a short time!" I raised my voice at her. I knew that she was just trying to help me but she was being too impatient. I could not tolerate her being annoying every single second, nagging at me to change -- in school and outside school. 

  "Ya! Why are you raising your voice! I'm talking nicely to you!" Solar yelled with anger. The argument between Solar and I continued until Solar have no more words for me and she left furiously, leaving me staring at the starry night with a train of thought running through my mind. 

  As days went by after the argument between Solar and I, our friendship has obviously been affected. Solar started concerned less about me and would sometimes ignore me but without Solar, I found that I was still able to heal myself and I believe that I would be able to befriend with other students soon. Maybe without Solar would be better. 

  A few weeks later, Solar still has not forgave me and refused to talk to me. I felt disappointed at her for her stubbornness and childish behaviour. She is currently 14 years old and should be more matured but her thoughts and behaviour after the argument told otherwise. Although I had forgave Solar, part of my heart still has not. I felt extremely mad when Solar said that I did not made an effort to change despite I did. For your information, I have been reflecting about myself everyday when I have the time to do so, on the bus, at the rooftop of my house, everywhere but for now, let's just wait for my brother who went to England to stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter