"I Wish We Could Stay Here Forever"

Farm Boy

Chapter 8: I Wish We Could Stay Here Forever


1814 words


 

“I close my eyes

You’re my heaven

Don’t say anything

Stop the time”

  • Listen to “Heaven” by Ashmute (애쉬뮤트) while reading this section

 

<>Chanyeol POV<>

“I wish we could stay here forever”

 

As the words left his lips, he felt Baekhyun’s gaze slide over to him. Chanyeol’s eyes wandered over Baekhyun’s form, his dark hair ruffling up in the cool breeze. His porcelain skin emitted a soft glow from the white light of the moon, his eyes sparkling as brightly as the stars blanketing the inky sky. He seemed like a star fallen from the sky right onto the barn roof where they lay side by side, thighs barely touching. The crackling electric atmosphere that usually accompanied his time with the shorter boy had been replaced with rolling waves of serenity and and a soft flame of desire that danced along with those dark strands of hair in the wind. A few seconds of thick silence followed before Baekhyun opened his mouth.

 

“Today was really amazing Chanyeol.” The corners of the city boy’s mouth turned up softly.

 

At his words, the flame inside of Chanyeol dared to climb a little higher. He knew that Baekhyun felt this atmosphere just as much as he did. At some point during their dinner that night, as the bells of Baekhyun’s sweet laugh had faded into a smile, Chanyeol had reached a profound realization: he had finally tore down the walls around Byun Baekhyun. His cold, stubbornly sharp exterior seemed to have melted away into a surprising softness that Chanyeol had thought he could never reach. Another wave of verbal silence permeated the warm summer night as Chanyeol focused on the steady rhythm of Baekhyun's breathing beside him.

 

As Baekhyun’s eyes began to flutter closed, Chanyeol’s body moved on its own and before he could blink he found himself on top of the other boy, inches apart from the face that caused him to feel more emotion in one summer than he had in his whole life. His lips ghosted over the other boy’s and he felt Baekhyun lean up to him, trying to close the gap, but Chanyeol tilted his head downward, kissing along the boy’s soft jawline and onto his neck down to where the collar of the white t-shirt he had changed into stopped him from going any further. He felt Baekhyun’s breath hitch as he chose a spot right under his jaw to latch onto, slowly on the sensitive skin. Baekhyun’s hands reached up into Chanyeol’s hair, tugging on the soft strands. Chanyeol’s brain was on autopilot, unbelievably high on the scent of Baekhyun, the feel of Baekhyun’s skin under his lips, the sensation of Baekhyun’s back arching as he grazed his teeth over the skin of the boy’s neck. The giant’s hands slid up to cup the fallen star’s face before his lips found their way to the pair beneath him. They slanted over each other lazily at first, the two boys relishing in the warmth spreading between their bodies. As the kiss became more intense, Baekhyun’s hands moved downwards under Chanyeol’s t-shirt, tracing the muscles on his back all the way up to his shoulders. The boy’s nails dug into his skin as Chanyeol slowly dragged his lower lip between his teeth, tasting the other boy’s blood in his mouth.

 

Chanyeol sat up, gently guiding the shorter’s body to be sitting on his. His lips left Baekhyun’s and he let his tongue slide down the outer shell of the boy’s ear, biting down on the lobe and feeling the boy’s earring between his teeth. He was rewarded with a soft groan from the boy on his lap, who had begun to rock his hips on top of Chanyeol’s. The friction made Chanyeol’s breath escape in a gasp into Baekhyun’s ear. In a split instant, that soft flame erupted into an explosive blaze radiating throughout his whole body.

 

He wanted nothing more than to quench the unbearable burn coursing through his veins.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

Later that night, the only perception in Chanyeol’s mind was the feeling of Baekhyun’s undressed body asleep in his arms. The boy’s soft breaths warmed the center of Chanyeol’s own bare chest and the taller found himself tracing circles on the sleeping boy’s back with one of the hands he had wrapped around the boy’s body. He breathed in the slightly sweet scent of the hair tickling his nose before pulling him closer into his body.

 

As Baekhyun began to snore gently in his arms, a switch in Chanyeol’s brain seemed to flip and suddenly the thoughts that had been repressed during the night came flooding in. The realization of what had just happened finally registered in Chanyeol’s mind and the evident bruises all over both of their bodies just cemented the events of the night.

 

“,” Chanyeol whispered with a mixture of ecstasy and a tinge of worry.

 

Would Baekhyun regret this?

 

Countless doubts coursed through his consciousness, and they all centered around one worry that was looming over him;

 

Was this a one-time thing?

 

As he felt the boy stir in his arms, all of his thoughts dissipated. The world seemed to stop, and for a moment he let himself lay there, frozen in that moment. It was just him and Baekhyun. Nothing else in the world mattered. They were in their own bubble of time, and all of the troubles and worries plaguing them were pushed to the side.

 

Before Chanyeol drifted off into sleep, he whispered one more thing to the boy next to him.

 

“I think I’m in love with you.”

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

<>Baekhyun POV<>

As Baekhyun’s consciousness stirred from sleep, the first thing he registered was the intense pain in his back as he tried to shift his body. The second thing he registered was the feeling of a body right next to him, and then he realized that he was in Chanyeol’s arms.

 

The warmth engulfed him, but it wasn’t that of the usual sweltering heat of summer on the open plains of the farm. It was a soft warmth that could only be described as the warmth of Chanyeol. As he reveled in the feeling of being held by those arms, memories of last night came rushing back and Baekhyun felt his body tense. A mountain of fears slowly began to pile up in his head. What would happen next? What if that had been all Chanyeol wanted and now he would cast him aside? What if when Chanyeol woke up that light of desire in his eyes was gone?

 

Baekhyun slowly untangled himself from the man’s long arms, immediately regretting the loss of that enveloping warmth, and spared one last glance at his sleeping form before changing into a fresh pair of clothes and padding downstairs, stepping cautiously over the one stair that he knew would creak under his weight. He crept out of the barn and glanced back at the rooftop where Chanyeol’s lips had melted into his last night before stepping down the path towards a field dotted with flowers.

 

As he lay down on the grass still wet with the chilled dew of the morning air, he saw the first signs of the sun creeping up over the horizon. As the rays slid onto his face and began to warm his body, he felt some of his fears begin to melt away. For a moment he just let himself bask in the warmth of the rising sun, closing his eyes for just a moment.

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

“Baekhyun!” A voice jolted him from his sleep. He registered his shoulders being shaken, and as his eyes fluttered open the blurry form of Chanyeol’s face slowly came into focus above him.

 

“Oh my god, thank god.” Chanyeol was panting as he stared into Baekhyun’s eyes, seemingly searching for something.

 

“What the hell? What's wrong?” Baekhyun rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands.

 

“I thought… I thought you were gone… I thought you had left, Baekhyun. What were you thinking going out here alone? Did you even take into consideration that I wouldn’t know where you were? That I'd be scared out of my mind? Jesus, Baek!” Chanyeol’s raised, breathless voice pierced through the warm morning air, and Baekhyun just sat there with his mouth hanging open, speechless.

 

As the giant’s words began to sink in, a bubbling wave of anger began to rear up in the back of Baekhyun’s throat.

 

I can go wherever the hell I want, and I don’t need your ing permission.

 

Those words almost tumbled out of Baekhyun’s mouth, but his judgment stopped him. Instead, he briskly lifted himself off the grass and dusted his shorts off before storming back towards the barn.

 

“Wait. Baekhyun!” he heard the man call after him but didn’t slow his pace.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

His footsteps quickened.

 

“Baekhyun come back!”

 

He heard Chanyeol’s footsteps hasten to a run but still refused to turn around.

 

“Byun BAEKHYUN!”

 

A hand was firmly clamped around his wrist and Chanyeol spun him around so they were face to face.

 

“Let. Go.” Baekhyun seethed, jerking his arm away. Chanyeol only moved in closer, placing his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders and sliding his hands down to his forearms.

 

“Baekhyun I’m sorry. I shouldn't have--"

 

“I said don’t touch me, Park.” Baekhyun spat out, pulling away again.

 

“I shouldn't have yelled at you, I was just scared, I thought you were gone after last night and…”

 

Baekhyun stopped struggling as he saw a tear roll down the man’s face and fall onto the grass.

 

“Please Baekhyun, I hate fighting with you.” His typically sonorous voice was almost a whisper and Baekhyun found himself unconsciously almost reaching his hand up to wipe away a new tear from the taller man’s face.

 

“Me too.” Baekhyun admitted, finally cooling down, “It’s just…” Baekhyun paused and bit his lip as if he was holding something back, “Bad memories.”


His mind flashed to Jongin’s harsh voice screaming at him, chastising him like a child. Giving him punishments and taking away his things when he was mad and drunk, only for Baekhyun to find them days later.

 

But Baekhyun wasn’t a child anymore, and he would not tolerate somebody treating him like one.

 

“I just... Give me some time to calm down ok?” Baekhyun managed a weak smile as he began to pull away from Chanyeol’s warmth.

 

“Wait.” Chanyeol uttered before he caught Baekhyun’s lips in his own. The kiss was short but soft, and seemed to hold all the emotions that Chanyeol couldn’t seem to put into words.

 

“You know no matter how good of a kisser you are, that won’t always solve everything,” Baekhyun muttered as he pulled away. He watched the corners of Chanyeol’s lips turn up just slightly into a soft smile before pulling away and heading towards the barn again to give himself some time to think.

 

 


A/N:

Well that was one hell of a chapter holy moly. Now that my life has calmed down, I'm going to start updating this story again, so stay tuned!

Thank you so so much for 1.5K Views and for all of the upvotes and subscribers! I love each and every one of you and I'm so glad you like the story.

Only two more chapters probably until the "summer" part of this story is over. Don't worry though, the sequel is already in the works!

I'm also seriously thinking of changing the title of this story but I don't know what I would change it to. If you guys have any suggestions, leave them in the comment section!

Comments and upvotes are greatly appreciated :)