Notification

Dalliance

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I know that I have no excuses for my terrible management of this story but I hope that this chapter is good enough for you guys, I legit wrote it like 4 times before deciding that this final version will be the uploaded version!

Please enjoy this chapter! Also I'm very sorry


Junmyeon sat still next to his brothers as they sat in court listening to the court advisors and noblemen give their reports to the King who was waiting for them to finish for him to make his own announcement. Junmyeon felt Jongdae move behind him to hide his head so he could yawn making Junmyeon smile softly; Jongdae was still a child no matter what. Junmyeon turned his head towards the court noticing that most of the noblemen were all trying to puff their chests in a foolish attempt to establish dominance between each other, he strayed his eyes to where the royal generals and commanders were seated and noticed that Sehun was looking at him with a soft smile to which Junmyeon answered with a soft smile of his own before realizing a small gesture with his finger that indicated that they would talk, making Sehun’s smile even wider before he returned to his default expression. Junmyeon decided that he would zone back into the conversation, noticing that it was simply a report regarding how the harvest for this year has surpassed the ones from previous years' harvest.

The last nobleman had stepped up to give his report of his small town that he oversaw that was by the border with Falite, Junmyeon noted as the nobleman bowed to his father before retreating back to where the rest of the court had formed. Junmyeon could tell what was coming up so he paid no mind to it as his father was adjusting his position on the throne before he started speaking.

“My lords and ladies, I have an announcement to make.” King Yunho started to say with a voice that overpowered the court managing to hush the court in short time. “This is something that I have thought for quite a long time and I inform you that Prince Junmyeon has been engaged to the Crown Prince Yifan of Yiwen. He shall make his way to Yiwen for the marriage ceremony in a month’s time with the Royal Party from Yiwen.”

After those words were muttered, you could hear a pin being dropped into the court. Jongin and Minseok had both gasped and looked at their father in shock before looking at Junmyeon with either sadness or pity, Junmyeon had always been poor at differencing those two emotions. Jongdae huffed and muttered something that sounded quite similar to “I ing knew it” but Junmyeon was in no position to chide his younger brother for swearing because he was the center of attention though he wouldn't mind directing the attention to someone else.

He noticed that someone moved from their position, it was Lord Kyungsoo who clapped and bowed to Junmyeon: something that Junmyeon had not expected since Kyungsoo was someone that the court had pushed very strongly for him to marry and he often wondered if Kyungsoo had feeling for him. “Congratulations Your Highness, I hope that our beloved prince lives with joy for many years.” Many lords and ladies followed the young lord Do’s move and started congratulating Junmyeon over the engagement with the prince and wishing that he’ll have a nice journey and the same old ‘marriage with a bountiful amount of children, happiness and fidelity’. The court was adjourned and the noblemen had left leaving only the royals to stay in the room.

“Junmyeon, have you started on deciding who will accompanying you to Yiwen?” Yunho questioned his second eldest. Junmyeon bowed his head in response, “I have only been able to decide on a few people but I have not been able to inform them due to the fact that you told me to not announce my betrothal to anyone until you did.” “Good. The response by the noble houses is exactly what I expected from them so don’t take much mind to them.” Yunho said to Junmyeon before turning his head towards Minseok who was trying to not look at his father directly in the eye.

"Minseok, have you been able to reach any progress with Prince Luhan?" Yunho questioned with a teasing smile that Minseok knew that if his mother was there then she would also have been smiling like his father did. Minseok stiffened and started scratching the back of his ear which was an indication that he was nervous. 

"Father if I'm allowed to intervene then I would like to comment that my dear Minseok hyung and Prince Luhan have not been in a room alone just the two of them." Jongdae says with a teasing smile on his face and a teasing tone. "So I fear that Minseok has failed Plan Seduce Prince Luhan."

"Why you little-" Minseok started mumbling but stopped once he heard Junmyeon whack the younger instead smiling in victory.

"Minseok, try to put more effort into getting Prince Luhan into accepting the marriage." Yunho commented with a soft smile on his face.

"Yes Father." Minseok muttered with a blush on his face.

"You are all dismissed; I must go have a meeting with Emperor Hangeng." The princes all nodded and made their way to their rooms.

Junmyeon made his way to his room after scolding Jongdae for cursing at court, smiling when he noticed that someone special was standing outside of his room. He simply opened the door and allowed Sehun to enter before locking the door and turning around to find himself in Sehun's arms. Junmyeon simply smiled and relished the fact that he was in the arms of the man he loves and that still had a month to love this man as much as he could.


"Advisor Zhoumi, please read this and tell me that my eyes are not mistaking me." Yifan ed the letter from his father into the Royal Family's most trusted advisor's hand who was previously reading a book.

"I deserve higher pay." Zhoumi thought as he started reading the letter that had annoyed the Prince noticing that there was nothing wrong with the letter.

"Your Highness, not to bother you nor be rude to you but there is nothing wrong with the letter." Zhoumi spoke up meekly. Great I am afraid of a child that is almost half my age. "It simply states that the King of Asterrania has agreed to your father's proposal of having Prince Junmyeon as your consort and that they are hoping that Luhan accepts the marriage to Prince Minseok."

"Advisor Zhoumi, did you not read the line of the letter that states that I am betrothed and that I will not be able to see his face until the day he arrives here in Yiwen?" Yifan huffed and spat like a child who was being told to eat his vegetables would do.

"And is there anything wrong with that Your Highness?" Zhoumi inquired, already having an idea of where this was going to go and raising an eyebrow as to show his displeasure with the young superficial prince.

"Yes because what if he is.... ugly? Then I won't be able to call off the engagement because they might cut off Luhan ge's head if I do that and I'll be married to the end of my days with someone not attractive." Yifan said with a pout and the tone of his voice was quite whiny if Zhoumi had to be honest but the Advisor simply laughed. "What why are you laughing?"

"Your Highness, it seems that you have not heard of the rumors regarding the looks of the second Prince of Asterrania? Such a shame." Zhoumi laughed, shaking his head as he poked at the young prince's nose before standing to walk towards the window. "It is rumored that the dear Duke of Alticar, as such is his formal royal title as a second son of such a grand royal house, is actually one of the most beautiful princes to ever grace this Earth; it is said that one look at the prince will have your attention but once you look past his beauty, you shall truly fall. They say that his skin is too fair and way too pale to be from a son of Asterrania, that his eyes are quite lovely to look at but they say that what will truly captivate you is his words. They say that he speaks just as proficiently as a poet would."

"Prince Yifan, you must take this opportunity that is dangling in front of your eyes." Zhoumi said as he walked back to Yifan and placed his hands on Yifan's shoulders, their height difference not being that noticeable. "You are to be wed to one of the most coveted men in all the realm, the son of one of the most powerful and strongest kingdoms; take advantage of it. Make it so that Prince Junmyeon never thinks of leaving you."


Thank you for reading this chapter! The next chapter will include a time skip so please stay tuned!~

Please review/comment, suscribe and upvote~

If you have any questions regarding the chapter and the storyline please ask them and I'll answer them.