Wedding Ceremony

Dalliance

Hiiiiiiiii~ Sorry for taking so long but I was so busy with this semester of college that I couldn't dedicate any time to work on this story or any of my others.

But I want to thank you guys for waiting so long.

Also please support TREASURE~ I love them and they deserve so much.


Junmyeon stood still as he was being dressed by the seamstresses into the nuptial robes, the robes being one of the heaviest things he has ever had to wear; it was a ruby red, engraved with a golden phoenix where his heart laid underneath his chest, it also had accents of gold sewed onto the fabric, the robe pooled around his feet and it would even drag behind him if he walked. His face had been painted softly by the maids who said that it would be a light paint since he was already “so beautiful”, he heard the Empress try to decide which headpiece would be better for Junmyeon to wear. He was certain that all of the options matched the Crown Prince’s but he liked to think that she was taking her time on deciding which one suited Junmyeon personally.

He found himself locking eyes with his younger brother who entered the room after being dressed for the wedding, he smiled at Junmyeon who replied with a smile of his own. Junmyeon’s attention was soon taken away by the Empress who seemed to find the right headpiece for Junmyeon to wear. “Let’s see if it suits him.”

He saw it through the mirror as the maids were accommodating it onto his head; it was a strong gold with engravings of peonies  and their leaves on it to simulate a flower crown, it possessed a large red diamond in the middle as to signify that it felt together the crown, there were also small butterflies in a shade of yellow topaz around the peonies and there were small strands of gold string falling gracefully from the peonies to frame his face.

“Oh my! It looks so beautiful on you, Your Highness.” Seungwan cooed next to Baekhyun as they were getting the veil ready, Baekhyun had commented the previous day that it was a heavy thing that needed two people to help place it on his head and that someone would have to help him with it once he walked on the aisle.

“Thank you Seungwan.” Junmyeon replied before he locked eyes with his future mother-in-law. “Do you find it appropriate, my Empress?"

The Empress stared at him before she nodded, demanding that the veil be brought over to place it onto his head.

This feels like a waste of time when you consider the bedding. Junmyeon found himself thinking quite bitterly with a self-deprecating smirk as he bowed his head in order to allow the veil to be placed onto his head. The veil was long and transparent red, the entire border was laced with rubies, gold and garnet all swirled together to make it even more refined. Junmyeon lifted his head, trying to get the feel of the weight of the veil and seeing if it wouldn't hinder his movement so he wouldn't have to rely so heavily on others to guide him.

His hands felt heavy from all the gold and jade that had been placed on his fingers; he recognized certain pieces from the gold that had been sent as part of the bridal dowry in which the Empress must've seen that certain pieces were better to be put to use as part of Junmyeon's nuptial outfit instead of simply locking them into the treasury like most people would’ve done. His mother and stepmother had taken quite a long time in deciding the bridal price, making a few arrangements considering that his father had only set the groundwork for what followed; they had chosen certain items that were given as part of the dowry to generations before Junmyeon.

Once they were done getting him ready, he was instantly ushered away as fast as they could with everything that was weighing him down. He felt Jongdae aid in the carrying of the veil as they speeded towards the sedan that would take Junmyeon to the temple where they would be married. He had been guided inside by Jongdae who would ride on his own horse separately to the temple; he could only hear the celebration of the people as they passed by the snow filled streets.

“May the Gods grant the Crown Prince and his spouse eternal love and joy for their union!” The people chanted; a common practice during marriages in Yiwen, his guide Can Lie had explained a few days prior, they would ask for happiness and love and plenty of children for the newly wed couple during the procession to the temple. I’ll be lucky if we at least respect each other. I wouldn’t ask for more.

Soon enough, the sedan had stopped and he’d been greeted by the sight of a hand entering to help him off the sedan. Holding it, he was helped down; he was led towards the temple where the Crown Prince stood tall and firm at a golden pavilion, the man who would officiate the ceremony was looming a little behind him and the Emperor stood, smiling at the idea of his younger son’s wedding. Once, Junmyeon reached the pavilion; the ceremony began and soon it was over. They had done their 3 bows together and had drunk the wine from the same cup together, after that the celebrations had begun.


Junmyeon sighed as he looked over to the door to the wedding chamber, feeling a bit relieved that the Prince -No, your husband. He's your husband now not a stranger who happens to be royalty- hadn't arrived yet. Maybe he isn't too eager to fulfill his marital duties yet, I wouldn't mind if that were the case. I'd have more time to make sure I don't expose myself. He had already been undressed, only remaining with the red veil and the soft pearl colored undergarments along with the headpiece still firmly attached to his head.

He got up from his place at the bed, making his way towards the table where a bottle of chrysanthemum and lavender wine had been left for them to drink from. He grabbed a glass and started taking small sips from it; Junmyeon wasn't fond of drinking, when he used to go on campaigns with his men he'd drink to aid in uplifting their morale but nothing more since drink was known to cloud the mind and he needed to be sound in order to plan the campaigns, but this wine was good. He heard rustling from the other side of the door before it opened revealing Prince Yifan, still dressed in his wedding garments; which meant that he was more likely uninterested in the idea of the bedding which was better for Junmyeon.

"Your Highness." Junmyeon said softly as he bowed his head in reverence to his husband who closed the doors, entering the room completely and making it only the two of them. "Would you like a cup of wine?"

"Yes, thank you." Yifan nodded as he started undressing, Junmyeon decided to turn around and let him get undressed at his place without prying eyes instead he was pouring out the wine. Hmmmm, apparently I was wrong.

Yifan undressed slowly as he tried to calm his heart which had been going crazy ever since it saw Junmyeon dressed in his wedding garments. It wouldn't calm down and he knew that by now his heart would not calm itself. Maybe Junmyeon's just as nervous as I am. Or maybe even more.

He turned to look at Junmyeon, he stood only in his undergarments as well, his hand was extending the cup of wine towards him. He grabbed it and took small sips as Junmyeon finished his own, placing the cup on the table once more and he soon followed suit as well.

"You looked lovely during the entire ceremony, Prince Junmyeon." Yifan whispered as he got closer to Junmyeon who instead of looking worried seemed more amused at the taller's antics.

"Did I please my Lord husband with my looks?" Junmyeon cooed softly with a smile that was concealed under the veil as Yifan stopped right in front of him, his hands lifting to remove the veil covering his face.

"You're always beautiful, I'd think that you'd always please me with your beauty no matter what." Yifan whispered back, not knowing where the courage to say his next words was coming from."I'd wouldn't mind dying if you were the last thing I saw."

Junmyeon smiled softly as he decided to reply but before he could, Yifan placed a kiss on his mouth as he cupped his face as though he was a precious jewel that would break with too much force. Normally a comparison like that would've offended Junmyeon but he could only feel the kiss. It was soft like a butterfly landing on a flower, it was only the press of their lips on one another's however Junmyeon opened his mouth to allow the taller entrance which he took. Junmyeon could smell the strong scent of sandalwood along with a soft hint of the incense that had been burnt when they had both prayed to their ancestors for a blessed marriage. At that moment, Junmyeon had asked himself if his family's ancestors could hear him all the way north away from home and now he found himself wishing and hoping that they did listen.


Thanks for reading!~ Please comment, upvote, subscribe if you haven't already~