Other House

Dalliance

You guys when you noticed that I updated sooner than I said I would!

HI GUYZ!!!! I´m back and with a new chapter. So I´m in a good mood.

I´m happy with your comments that you guys gave me last chapter so I decided to write this chapter.

Me chatting away when I should tell you guys to go down and read the story, so I hope that you guys like it.


Emperor Hangeng

It has been quite a while since the last time that I have communicated with you, I wonder how long has it been? I believe it has been almost around 17 years, and yet during those years, they have been generous along with quite peaceful and very much prosperous for both of our lands and our respective people. Your Empire and my Kingdom have lived peacefully with one another for so long and thus I believe that it is time for my kingdom to offer you something.

A marriage proposal between my heir and one of your sons, my son will soon become king for my health is failing and that way there is a union between our two lands that have been in such long terms of peace. As that is something that I have been wishing for a long time for it to be between our two nations. For there to be a union between the two royal houses of Wu and Kim, for this is something I believe that should have been done centuries ago.

If you believe that a marriage between our lands should take place then I request that you answer this and we shall set a date for the princes’ to meet.

From

King Kim Yunho

“Interesting.” Emperor Hangeng said from his position on the royal throne while his court kneeled down in front of him in silence as they had just finished hearing the royal advisor Zhoumi narrate the letter from King Yunho. “I’m amazed that a man as stubborn as him decided to be first to propose a marriage between these two nations. I cannot marry off Yifan as he is my heir so the one I can offer is Prince Luhan. What do you think, Lord Jin Guan?”

“With all respect Your Majesty, I believe that Prince Luhan is above marrying the Asterranian Crown Prince.” Lord Jin Guan said as he tried to sooth his shaking tone. “I’ve heard that the Crown Prince is very much impure, that the Queen Consort –his mother- is a mere commoner.”

“It’s true.” Another Lord spoke up with a much firmer voice than Lord Jin’s while many other Lords and their wives nodded in agreement.

“The Asterranian King even had to marry another woman of higher status just to please his own court *laughs* and I have heard that the children that the 2nd Queen gave to the nation are far greater than the children of the Queen Consort. That the 2nd prince is far more superior than the Crown Prince and he is merely a general instead of the future ruler. The nation would be more relieved if Prince Luhan were to marry the second son instead.”

“The 2nd prince seems like someone who would suit our Crown Prince instead. Only the best should be for our Crown Prince, as the Crown Prince should be with someone just as strong as him, do you not think that?” Hangeng ordered and everyone obeyed the Emperor’s orders, murmuring their agreement to the Emperor’s proclamation. “And yet this is a decision that I shall consult with Prince Luhan. Guards, bring Prince Luhan while the rest of you leave.”


“What do you think that they were talking about, brother?” A beautiful male questioned the male who was accompanying him as they walked by the garden.

Prince Luhan was acknowledged as the most beautiful person to grace the court despite his mother/father being the Emperor’s preferred concubine –since he inherited most of his looks from him and she was considered the most beautiful man to grace the kingdom besides the emperor´s late sister- along with the fact that he was very intelligent and the people loved him while his younger brother Crown Prince Yifan was the epitome of perfection for the court; strong when it came to battle, graced with knowledge from the Almighty, strong-willed when it came to his decisions and he did not have mercy when it came to those who would betray the royal family. He was known for being quite handsome; his looks which were inherited from the Empress Consort and the Emperor.

“It might be something important Ge, I heard Zhoumi say that it was from Asterrania. Which means that it must be something considerably important.” Prince Yifan said as he simply strolled behind Luhan who would stop to smell the flowers that he smelled almost every day. “Maybe it’s a proclamation of war.”

“You just want to go out and slaughter those Asterranians, don’t you my dear younger brother?” Luhan laughed with a smile before looking at Yifan who simply nodded.

“Prince Luhan, the Emperor has requested your presence.” A guard appeared and bowed down to the princes.

“If my father desires to see me then I’ll shall obey his command.” Luhan said before turning to look at Yifan who simply nodded. “I’ll see you later Yifan, no murder.”

“I promise nothing.”

Luhan was escorted by the guards to the throne room where the Emperor and his royal advisor were alone with only a few guards but as soon as Luhan entered, the guards left the room and they stationed themselves outside of the throne room.

“You ordered for my presence, father?” Luhan bowed to show his respect for his father.

“I did. What do you think of a marriage proposal to the Crown Prince of Asterrania?” Hangeng asked looking at his first born son to gauge his reaction.

“Crown Prince Minseok, right?” Luhan asked calmly as he tilted his head as if to remember if he was right. “I’ve heard that he is very handsome and intelligent.”

“The court thinks that their Crown Prince is unworthy of you and that you should marry the second prince instead.” Hangeng replied as he looked at his son who began to walk around the throne room, Zhoumi looked at the prince with curiosity. ¨What do you think, my child?”

“Father, from what I’ve heard Prince Minseok is kind, lenient and loved by his people but not the court while Prince Joonmyeon is strong-willed and stern but also kind and he is loved by the court and the people.” Luhan commented as he looked out of the window that showed the snowy mountains.

“Which of the two do you believe is easier to control, Father?” If there was one thing that Hangeng knew that would verify the fact that Luhan was his blood was the fact that Luhan was very much as manipulative as he was, his own mother –the former Empress Regent- was an expert in manipulation and he knew that she taught Luhan everything she knew before she passed away a few years ago. His son would evaluate which of the two would be easier to bend to his every whim.

“One who is lenient or one who is strong-willed?”


“IS IT TRUE?!” Yifan bolted into his brother’s room which made all the maids who accompanied his brother to flinch and to leave.

“What do you mean Yifan?” Luhan asked Yifan as he read a book before looking up to look at his younger brother with a gaze that showed how amused he was by his younger brother’s reaction.

“That you are to be sent down to Asterrania to become the spouse of an impure bastard?!” Yifan yelled while staring down at his brother.

“Oh, yes.” Luhan answered with a faux innocent tone accompanied with a slow blink of his eyes before closing the book and deciding to look at Yifan with the same amused look.

“Why are you disrespecting your own blood like this?” Yifan asked once he felt that he had calmed down. “Your father is my mother’s brother, both of them from an ancient pure noble bloodline and you choose to marry an impure prince.”

“You are to be Emperor in no time, and you know this very well Yifan. Father will die soon, I estimate in around 3 weeks or even by longer time around a month and a half from what I’ve managed to read from the royal doctor’s notes.” Luhan said as he stood up from his chair and placed his book on the table next to the chair. “Once you become Emperor, you shall receive threats from different places of the world. You will need another nation that is as strong as us to support you. And that is why I will marry Prince Minseok, to able to grant you support, along to be able to fulfill my own personal desire.”

"And you, Yifan, my Emperor, you and the Gods from above know that I have never asked for anything before..... Yet all I ask is to be Kim Minseok's bride." Luhan said as he looked out the window with an enamored look in his eyes. “Not only for you but for me as well.”


The crown prince is very handsome and very morbid!

So I hope that you guys liked the chapter and got insight into how this country works and I will write about the other country and maybe this country simultaneously in the next chapter. Also if anyone has any good country/nation/kingdom names for this story because I´m not really good at thinking about new names.

Please comment/review, suscribe and upvote! If you have any questions please make them in your comments! See you next time!