Coronation

Dalliance

Junmyeon smiled at Minseok as he took in Minseok’s coronation robes; a dark shade of the family’s royal blue, the embroidery was done with the finest gold that it could be done within a month’s time, he wore a dark red cape around his shoulders, his dark chestnut brown hair was swept back showing off his brother’s forehead; it had been approximately a month after their father’s passing, Junmyeon had been allowed by the Royal Yiwen party to stay behind for a month to mourn his father and attend his brother’s coronation before he would go to Yiwen to begin the marriage preparations to marry Prince Yifan.

Royal Asterranian tradition stated that the coronation would not be presided over by a priest instead the ceremony would be done by the eldest member of royal blood of the person ascending to the throne. Junmyeon was the eldest brother after Minseok, the truest expression of the royal Kim blood, Minseok’s heir until he himself married and took another family’s name and started his own family. Jongdae could not preside the ceremony nor would Jongin, they were both young and Yerim was a girl, not even being dear beloved Queen Boa’s daughter would they accept that she presided over the ceremony. Thus only Junmyeon remained to perform the ceremony; Junmyeon did not mind, it gave him more time to stay in his ancestral home before he had to leave.

Junmyeon watched as his eldest brother walked across the hall, his head held high staring straight to Junmyeon and the High Priest. Junmyeon slid his eyes to look to Prince Luhan who stared at his betrothed with awe and joy with a little bit of concern but Junmyeon saw the hunger and desire hidden in the prince’s eye as he took in who Minseok would be once this ceremony was over, to marry a King must be a wonderful thing. Not that he wasn’t going to do the same thing.

“Announce your name to the Gods, claimant to the throne of Asterrania.” Junmyeon speaks at last once Minseok begins to walk up the stairs to be at Junmyeon’s level before kneeling on both knees with his back straight looking up at his younger brother.

“Minseok of House Kim, protectors of the throne of Asterrania and its people for centuries. Eldest son of late King Yunho and his 1st consort Queen Sohee.” Minseok proclaimed with a strong voice making sure that everyone could hear him –it was a superstition within the Royal Family; if the claimant to the throne’s proclamation wasn’t said as strong as he could then his reign would be as weak as his voice, easily destroyed-, Junmyeon nodded his head before gesturing for the High Priest to come close to Junmyeon with the crown that had been used for many generations of the rule of the Kim family.

“I, Prince Junmyeon; second born eldest son of King Yunho of House Kim, second heir to the throne, proclaim you, Minseok, to be King of Asterrania, your sole duty is to protect the kingdom against those who would seek to destroy it, keep vigil to ensure the safety, prosperity and happiness of those who live in your lands and ensure the longevity of your bloodline of the throne.” Junmyeon announced as he placed the silver crown on Minseok’s head, no longer a Prince now a King. Minseok, from now on, would always be a King first, a son second, a husband second, a father second and a lover second.


“How do you feel Prince Luhan?” Junmyeon inquired softly as they watched from the background as Minseok greeted the citizens as the new King from his spot on the balcony. “Being set to marry the king?”

“I am very happy for Minseok, Prince Junmyeon.” Luhan replied with a smile as he looked with admiration and joy at Minseok’s back. “And how do you feel on that regard yourself, Prince Junmyeon? You are also set to marry a future King.”

“I am nervous but one must always face new things with resilience and faith that all will end well.” Junmyeon smiled sweetly at Luhan. “Since I leave at the break of dawn tomorrow. I wanted to question you regarding the weather at this time of year.”

“The weather is slightly cold but nothing that you would freeze over.” Luhan replied with a well-intentioned smile.

“I thank you, Prince Luhan.” Junmyeon smiled. “I must retire to my chambers, for I must finish preparations but I am certain that I’ll be able to attend His Grace’s inaugural dinner.”

Luhan nodded and Junmyeon made a move to leave but Luhan grabbed Junmyeon’s forearm softly causing the prince to look at him with curiosity. “Be careful with ypur intimate affairs Prince Junmyeon; the Yiwen court does not take lightly to people who are in very close relationship to the Emperor’s consort. The punishment for a Consort’s adultery is very aggressive; also the humiliation is something that you can never get over in the court.”

“How dare he….. Also how the does he know? It doesn’t matter, as far as I know he knows nothing.” “Thank you for your warning Prince Luhan but I believe that faithfulness is essential for a royal couple to reign peacefully as Queen Sohee and my father did; my father was with my mother for duty but his love, devotion and his body belonged to Queen Sohee and it still does. Hopefully your brother and I can become so as well.” Junmyeon smiled before tilting his head. “Also I am untouched in every sense of the word, Prince. Are you as well?”

“I am most certain as well, Your Highness.” Luhan reaffirmed with the same smile that he had wearing when he saw Minseok get crowned.

“That is perfect Your Highness. Now if you’ll forgive me, I need to continue preparations.” Junmyeon gave a small curtsy before he walked towards his wing of the palace, his retinue following him in sync. Once they were far away from Prince Luhan’s earshot, Junmyeon spoke with repressed anger lacing through his normally calm and serene voice. “Hakyeon, I want you to find whoever whispered certain words to Prince Luhan regarding my intimacy and break them for speaking against the crown.”

Lord Hakyeon bowed to Junmyeon, satisfied to serve his prince. “Until when do I have to find this whisperer, My Prince?”

“Until I mount my horse to part for Yiwen. You may ask your husband Lord Taekwoon to aid you; there is no one more loyal to me than him.” Junmyeon spoke with repressed anger as Luhan’s words repeated in his head.

“As you wish My Prince. Lady Hyejin and Lady Sunyoung, may you assist me please.” Hakyeon walked away with both of the ladies trailing after him.

Junmyeon continued walking towards his chambers to continue preparations.


“Did you make Prince Junmyeon mad on purpose?” Tao questioned as he stood next to Luhan.

“No it was a sincere warning but also for him to take note as there have been whispers regarding who he lays with.” Luhan said with a smirk laid upon his face. “I don’t want him to hurt Yifan.”

“You do know that there are more chances of Prince Yifan hurting him than him hurting Prince Yifan, right?” Tao asked Luhan. “Your brother is quite cruel when he wants to be it but I’m certain that Prince Junmyeon might be able to refute him.”

“All good emperors have had a consort who didn’t give into his desires instantly instead they made them work for those desires to be fulfilled.” Luhan hummed. “Also my brother needs to truly work for something in his life.”


I'M SO KING SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER CAME OUT SO LATE!! Like it took all of my strength to churn out this chaper, writer's block has been terrible this time. If any of you have any recommendations on how to beat writer's block I will gladly take them in stride. Also thank you for waiting this long.