Meeting the 'wife'

Twist of Fate

A/N: I forgot to mention but JaeJoong is a little obsessed with Greek mythology just like me. Explanations for the used "riddles" will be provided at the end whenever they occur.

*****

Ever since he had gotten to bed the evening before and got out of it the morning after, YunHo sighed and battled with his inner self about the invitation of his client. That he had a minor crush on Kim JongWan and already fought with himself to not fall for him, was just a tiny problem. It was rather the fact that Kim JongWan was married and asked him to spend time with his spouse that was gnawing at his nerves.

“I seriously can't do this,” he sighed, sitting lifelessly in his chair. It was lunchtime and he sat alone inside of his office. Every five minutes again he looked onto the white sheet of paper which contained his client's address and wanted to grab his phone to reject the invitation, but then again he couldn't think of any good excuse.

Before he knew it the time had passed so fast that his shift was already over and he found himself inside of the elevator, moving down to his car to drive home and get changed for his dinner at Kim JongWan's house.

YunHo took his sweet time to arrive at the address JongWan had given him, trying his best to get his head free and to calm down. He took a glance on his wrist watch which showed him that it was close to eight p.m. It was the time JongWan had written down when they would meet.

He drove with his silvery car into a residential area, the area the apartments were lying in one of the nicest one could find. A big park lay close to the area, trees high and green lawn graced with flowers. Street lamps were lightening the park, couples walking along the gravel walk leading through it.

With a sigh YunHo left his car, locking it before he made his way from the parking lot to one of the high buildings. Always his eyes fixing back onto the paper in his hands, the dark-brown haired made his way up into the direction the white sheet led him to. Since the building wasn't high enough to sport an elevator, YunHo had to use the staircase up towards the last level. It were five in total, together with the basement.

With a relieved sigh YunHo reached the top level, turning to the left and right to find out where he had to go to. Since the left option belonged to a family called 'Park', YunHo decided for the right one. A doormat lay in front of a wooden door, dark-brown in colour and graced with a metallic handle and door viewer. Next to the door he found a bell closest to the handle, the name 'Kim' falling into his eyes.

YunHo took a deep breath, straightening his coat and hair before he rang the bell. His eyes wandered around when he waited, the sound of the bell still audible but slowly fading. Just half a minute later the dark-brown barrier opened, revealing fluffy brown hair and eyes hid behind black-framed glasses.

“Ah, YunHo. You're right on time, please, come in,” JongWan voiced out with a charming smile, as YunHo registered for himself.

“Good evening. I'm sorry. I'm a bit late,” YunHo replied when he stepped into the entrance hall.

“It's okay. Dinner is not quite finished yet, so you're really right on time,” the brown haired responded whilst helping YunHo to remove his coat. He hung it onto the coat rack across the door whilst YunHo was removing his shoes.

“I'm relieved then,” YunHo voiced out, straightening his shirt before he ce again to JongWan. The latter was dressed casually, a pair of blue jeans combined with a black shirt.

“Honey, did our guest arrive?” a call suddenly cut through the short hallway of the apartment. It was a gentle voice, YunHo had to admit, despite the fact that he flinched at the realization that now was the time where he had to meet JongWan's wife.

“Yes, dear,” JongWan called back, gesturing for YunHo to make his way with him inside. YunHo gulped in nervousness when he followed JongWan through the short hallway that led towards the living room connected to the kitchen. He could make out a figure moving around the kitchen, the smell of cooked food reaching his nostrils. It smelled very nice.

When the person inside of kitchen slowly stepped out, YunHo didn't trust his eyes. Short black hair that reached just beneath earlobes and fell slightly into the forehead was a perfect contrast to pale skin that seemed to be glowing under the dim light. The person was a few centimetres smaller than himself, brown eyes hidden as well behind black-framed glasses. Pouty red lips were gracing the face, as well as several beauty spots. Angelic, YunHo would call it.

YunHo's eyes widened in surprise when he took in the view of JongWan's 'wife'. An appealing person, clad in tight jeans and a grey v-neck shirt that revealed a bit of his skin. Yes, in front of him stood indeed a male. YunHo had to blink.

“You must be YunHo-ssi,” the young man remarked with a charming smile, voice gentle, soft and melodious. YunHo could only nod when the latter shook hands with him. “Kim JaeJoong. Nice to meet you.”

“My pleasure,” YunHo mumbled quite lost. JaeJoong and JongWan looked a bit surprised at YunHo when he seemed to be a bit out of place. Quite obviously.

“Is something wrong?” JaeJoong asked, head cocked to the side. It ripped YunHo out of his thoughts, rather his stares at JaeJoong.

“Ah, no. I'm sorry. I just,” YunHo mumbled, cheeks colouring a bit crimson when he continued, “I expected a woman.”

“A woman?” JaeJoong voiced out in surprise, exchanging looks with his husband.

“Well, y-your husband was speaking about his wife. I guess that led me to the wrong conclusion. I'm very sorry,” YunHo apologized, embarrassed, and bowed politely. JaeJoong eyed him curiously, eyebrows furrowed before he turned to JongWan.

“You introduced me as your wife?” he asked with quite a dark tone and raised eyebrow. YunHo gulped when he lifted his head. The man called JaeJoong seemed to be upset.

JongWan wanted to reply, but JaeJoong interrupted him, “You know I hate that, JongWan.”

YunHo watched silently the discussion going on in front of him. JongWan seemed sheepish whilst JaeJoong was disappointed, YunHo assumed. The dark-brown haired felt really out of place.

“I told you so often that people will misunderstand,” JaeJoong whined with furrowed eyebrows, arms folded in front of his chest.

“I know. I'm sorry I did,” JongWan replied, planting a chaste kiss onto JaeJoong's puffed cheek. YunHo's cheeks coloured red when he noticed that JaeJoong was pouting. It looked, in his eyes, cute and strangely appealing. ', no,' he cursed mentally when he registered that he found himself in a greater misery than before.

“You know, even Ganymede was treated like a man even though he was Zeus' lover. I really would appreciate it if you stopped calling me your wife in front of others,” JaeJoong said, looking expectantly at his husband. JongWan nodded hesitant, his husband's words confusing him as they did so often. YunHo on the other hand looked surprised at the couple.

“Maybe we should proceed to our dinner, shall we?” JaeJoong voiced out with a sweet smile, turning towards YunHo, “Sorry for that.” A sheepish smile lay on JaeJoong's pouty lips when he apologized to YunHo, a soft crimson on his cheeks.

“It's okay,” YunHo replied, lost in the beauty that lay in JaeJoong's face. He had to swallow his saliva when JaeJoong smiled widely before he made his way back into the kitchen.

“Of course, now I understand,” JongWan suddenly voiced out, ripping YunHo out of his reverie. The latter looked startled at him. “I was wondering why you didn't react yesterday, you know, me being married to another man,” the brown haired remarked with a sheepish smile. “Must be because you didn't notice I was talking about a male,” he said, mumbling a soft 'sorry' afterwards.

“It's all right. I should have asked, maybe,” YunHo replied, a soft smile scurrying over his lips that showed JongWan that everything was okay.

“I assume your husband has a soft spot for Greek mythology?” YunHo asked when he made his way together with JongWan over to the dining table near the kitchen.

“Yes, he does. I never understand what he is talking about. In this case he speaks riddles for me,” JongWan replied, sitting down across from YunHo. The seat next to JongWan seemed to be for JaeJoong who was still rummaging around in the kitchen to finish his cooking.

“Oh, the thing about Ganymede?” YunHo inquired, earning a nod from JongWan. “As far as I know he was kind of kidnapped by Zeus and was his lover afterwards,” he said, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

“Not bad,” cut through the air whilst a bowl of rice was put onto the table. A warm smile greeted YunHo when he looked up to JaeJoong who soon afterwards returned to the kitchen to get out the curry he had made. “Just don't forget to mention that he was a beautiful Trojan prince and made their cupbearer whilst staying at Olympus as Zeus' lover,” JaeJoong added with joy, a chuckle escaping JongWan's lips whilst YunHo was staring dumbstruck ahead.

“I think you two would get along quite well,” JongWan voiced out, pleased that is.

*

Their dinner went along quite well, chattering filling the apartment of JongWan and JaeJoong. YunHo had found out that JongWan was 30 whereas JaeJoong was even younger than YunHo himself. He was 24, ran a flower shop together with his parents and, as he already had noticed, had a big weakness for the Greek myths.

“JongWan told me you're working in the company he will be working with,” JaeJoong said, chin supported by his left hand whilst his right lay close to JongWan's left palm. The latter's thumb was gently caressing over the back of JaeJoong's hand. YunHo didn't want to admit it, but he was inflamed with envy.

“Yes, I have to make sure that he and other participants of the contract feel well during their work,” YunHo explained, lifting his head to look at his counterpart. He was immediately lost in the depths of JaeJoong's brown eyes staring back at him.

“I see,” the black haired mumbled, lying his head a bit more into his left palm. “Is it normal then that you keep the clients' spouses company as well?”

YunHo's eyes widened. He didn't miss the sarcasm lying in JaeJoong's voice at all. “Well, they normally do not ask for this, but he asked for it when he would stay abroad,” he remarked, countering JaeJoong. He admitted that JaeJoong's character was quite an original. He liked that.

JaeJoong turned stunned at JongWan with YunHo's reply, “You asked for it?” He was indeed surprised. “Are you fearing I'd be too lonely without you?” he asked, angered that is, and stood up.

“Sorry, did I say something wrong?” YunHo asked softly, worried that he might have been at fault for the discussion he could make out was about to come.

“No, not at all. It is just a topic he is sensitive about. Excuse me,” JongWan replied, eyebrows knitted in worry before he followed JaeJoong into the kitchen.

YunHo felt uncomfortable when the hushed and whispered words out of the kitchen were reaching him.

“I'm sorry, Jae,” JongWan mumbled, voice muffled a bit. YunHo didn't see it but he assumed that JongWan was hugging JaeJoong.

“I don't understand why you're asking for something like this. You know, of course I will miss you when you're away, but that doesn't mean I'd be lonely,” JaeJoong responded, whining audible. YunHo actually found it cute. 'Bloody hell, YunHo! Get a grip of yourself. They are both taken,' he slapped himself mentally. Yes, he was indeed in deep .

“I have friends, JongWan, and I don't need a stranger to look after me nor keep me company,” JaeJoong voiced out, which caused YunHo to look towards the kitchen. His eyes fell through the pass-through and he could make out JongWan standing in front of JaeJoong, shielding him, whose arms were wrapped around JongWan's neck. He saw JaeJoong tiptoeing just a bit, witnessing the chaste kiss he planted onto JongWan's lips.

“I may be younger than you, but I'm not a child,” the black haired whispered, endearing for YunHo's ears. He blushed.

“I know. I'm sorry,” JongWan replied just as softly before YunHo saw how he leaned in. He turned away from the display. YunHo really didn't want to see the two kissing. He was already in miserable turmoil enough. He felt doomed.

Here he sat, inside of the apartment of his client and his husband, feeling doomed and would love to scream at himself.

YunHo was in very deep with his own feelings. It was not just JongWan we was falling for, no. It was JongWan's husband JaeJoong that made the emotional turmoil even worse. He had a crush on two men, and both were taken by one another.

Life was indeed unfair.

*****

Ganymede was, as mentioned in the chapter, a Trojan prince and beautiful lad. He is a Greek mythical person and was kidnapped by Zeus in form of an eagle to the Olympus (that's the mountain where the Gods lived). There he was Zeus' lover and also cupbearer for the Gods.