Rule one - Make our clients happy

Twist of Fate

The meeting went along quite well, at least for the side of Shim ChangMin and Kim JongWan, their newest client. As for YunHo, he was spacing out constantly at least every five minutes, his eyes drifting to the silver shining band gracing the ring finger of JongWan's left hand.

“Good, since this is settled then I will now leave you two alone,” ChangMin voiced out after he and JongWan had gone through the details of the contract. It was now YunHo's task to make sure that JongWan felt comfortable in their company. “YunHo-ssi,” he addressed the dark-brown haired, ripping him out of his thoughts.

“Yes?” YunHo responded, eyes focused on his boss.

“Well, it's not time for you to dream, so I would appreciate it if you started to take care of our client,” the older male exclaimed with a raised eyebrow before he made his way to leave the meeting room. Another meeting with a client was already waiting for him.

A silence crept up inside of the meeting room YunHo and JongWan were sitting in, the non-existent sounds causing YunHo to feel uneasy. It was the first time in two years that he was this nervous around a client. Well, it wasn't every day that the man of your dreams was sitting across from you, now was it.

YunHo softly cleared his throat to overcome the silence, his eyes trained on his folder in front of him wherein he scribbled down important notes he had to know about his client onto a white sheet of paper.

“So, uhm, JongWan-ssi,” he mumbled, his long fingers streaking through his brown hair whilst his right was holding onto one side of the open folder. “To make sure we find the right projects for you, I'd like to know what languages are you able to speak?” he asked, lifting his eyes from the folder that listed several companies they were working with to look at his counterpart. He had to gulp when JongWan smiled at him, his pearly whites visible through his slightly parted lips.

“Just JongWan is fine. Only if it's okay, of course,” JongWan offered, his warm voice fitting well to his good looks.

“Of course. It is my task to make sure that you feel comfortable in our company, so accepting your offer is the least I can do,” YunHo replied, smiling himself when he found his courage back. It was his job to please his client, after all. Not in a ual way, of course. At this topic their company was strict: no affairs with clients.

The two males exchanged smiles before JongWan began to speak, “To come back to your question. Next to Korean, of course, I'm very fluent in English and have quite a wide range of knowledge in Japanese.”

“English and Japanese,” YunHo mumbled whilst scribbling down the information. “That is quite good. I'm sure with this we can offer you a wide range of projects even outside of South Korea. How is it with staying in another country? Are there any preferences you have on where you'd like to work and for how long?” he asked further, avoiding eye contact as well as possible since he wanted to stay professional.

“Well, since you ask me like that, I've always been drawn to Europe and Japan. I think at most three months of a stay would be all right,” JongWan replied, leaning back into his seat with a thoughtful expression. “I guess longer than this my spouse wouldn't appreciate that much,” he said with a joyous smile playing on his lips. YunHo had a hard time to keep a frown from his face and tried to block the words over JongWan's spouse out of his mind. “He's not the type to stay alone for too long.”

“Are there any allergies you have that we have to look out for?” YunHo asked further, not registering the spoken words about JongWan's spouse.

“No, not that I know. I think my wife would know before me. He cares way too much sometimes,” JongWan sighed with an amused smile, not noticing that YunHo indeed frowned at the word 'wife'.

Minutes were ticking by in which YunHo asked further for information he would need to make sure that JongWan would enjoy his stay in another country. It were questions of where he preferred to be when staying in a hotel, what kind of food they should never set onto his dishes and the like. The constant comments he received about JongWan's wife slipped his ears every time again ever so deliberately.

“Is there anything else I can do for you before I take my leave to get through the notes?” YunHo asked when both had risen to their feet and stood face to face in front of the door.

“Well, there indeed is something I would like to request for, but I'm not sure if you find it inappropriate,” JongWan voiced out quite hesitant and appeared even shy in YunHo's eyes. He lifted an eyebrow and replied, “You can tell me. I will see if it lies in my hands to comply with your request.”

“Well, I was wondering,” JongWan said, rubbing his neck with his hand in nervousness as his cheeks turned a soft crimson. “Is there a possibility to let someone keep my wife company over the times I would stay abroad?” he asked, eyebrows furrowed in shyness and plea. YunHo's eyes widened in surprise. This was indeed something none of his former clients had ever requested for.

“Well, basically I think this is indeed possible, but may I ask why it shall be one of our employees?” YunHo inquired, head curiously cocked to the side.

“I just thought it would be nice if he had someone to talk to who knows what exactly I'm doing so far away from him. I'm not that much of a phone's person and tend to forget to call him,” JongWan replied sheepishly with an embarrassed laugh.

“I see. I think this is quite thoughtful of you,” YunHo remarked, a soft smile scurrying over his lips. It indeed pained him a bit that JongWan seemed to be so much in love with his spouse. “May I ask if it shall be someone special? Or doesn't it matter?” he asked, opening the door and gestured for JongWan to walk towards the elevators together with him.

“Well, actually,” JongWan remarked, passing a glance to YunHo who was a tad bit taller than him. “I thought of you, to be honest.”

The words made YunHo stop in his tracks. With surprise he looked at JongWan before he responded, “Me?”

“Yes. You seem friendly and quite the type he would get along well with,” the brown haired replied with a wide smile. “I know. How about you come by for dinner tomorrow at my house? I think that would make it easier for a decision. Here's my address.” With that and a last assuring handshake Kim JongWan vanished into the elevator whose doors had just slipped open and waved the stunned YunHo goodbye.

With hesitant steps and a mind running in circles he made his way slowly to his office. 'How the hell did I get myself into this mess?' he wondered whilst staring onto the small sheet of paper in his hand where an address had been quickly scribbled down. With a deep sigh he let himself sink into his chair, his folder lying in front of him on his desk. He massaged the bridge of his nose with his fingers, thinking about what his client had just requested from him.

“The ,” he cursed lowly, letting his head fall into his hands before he pulled on his hair. “I don't want to get to know some woman and spend my time with her,” he mumbled under his breath when he stared onto the address of Kim JongWan. He contemplated not to go, but then again he was a professional and always gave his clients' requests a try. He would do so as well with this one even if he didn't want to.