Prologue

Twist of Fate

People were bustling from level to level over the floors inside of of the construction company running under Lee YunHee and her business partner Shim ChangMin, which would explain why their firm was named 'Lee and Shim industries'.

The construction company was primarily specialising in constructing hotels and resorts, which was done all over the world. They had contracts with Japan and China, their direct neighbours, as well as with Europe and America. 'Lee and Shim industries' was known to be one of the best construction companies, and that in a short time. It was founded just five years ago and already seen as one of the top firms in South Korea and was often named together with the world's most well-known companies.

Jung YunHo, 27 of age, worked under 'Lee and Shim industries' for already two years and held a position that was very important for the success of this construction company. Like so many people bustling around, he was a business liaison working directly for the developer section. It was his task to take care of the architects that would work under them for one of their many projects and it lay solely in his hands if said client and everyone around him was happy with the end results. It was a tough job, as some of his past clients were rather demanding and types of people he made a beeline for, but it was the job he loved dearly and would never change for another position.

He was, basically said, made for this kind of occupation. He could handle people well, might they be the types of people he was well with or not, was known to be open minded, respectful, well-mannered, creative and tactful; everything a liaison would need to be successful in his job. He was the link between his company and its clients. It was his task to be creative to find new ways, to be open minded towards different rules and he was the one to make sure that every participating party of the contract was happy at the end of the day.

The young man with short dark-brown hair flashing with auburn effects rushed through the seventh level, his eyes always falling onto his wrist watch whilst rushing to a meeting with one of their newest clients. 'Today of all days I have to be late,' he thought whilst pacing towards the meeting room, the jacket of his black suit swaying in the air caused by his fast steps. YunHo took a deep breath before he stepped into the room, knocking slightly before to signalize his arrival.

“I'm sorry for being late,” YunHo apologized, bowing in 90 degrees once he stepped into the room brightened through the many windows gracing a wall.

“No problem, YunHo-ssi,” Shim ChangMin voiced out, a smile spread over his lips whilst sitting on his chair at the end of the table. “Our client, Mr. Kim here, just arrived himself. No need to worry,” the young man of 29 years remarked, his hands gesturing towards the young man sitting next to him.

“Ah, I'm glad then,” YunHo replied and lifted his head, a soft smile plastered on his lips. His eyes caught sight of the man sitting next to his boss. He was shorter in stature than himself, his brown hair fluffy, short and fell gracefully into his face. YunHo's lips parted in awe. Warm brown eyes hidden behind black-framed glasses were staring at him when the young man got up to his feet. The man in front of him was indeed everything YunHo was looking for. He seemed outgoing and appeared as if he knew what he wanted. Basically said, YunHo found the man of his dreams taking steps closer to him.

“Kim JongWan. Nice to meet you, YunHo-ssi,” the brown haired introduced himself, stretching out his left hand for YunHo to grip and shake it. His voice was warm and smooth, a gentle smile playing on his pouty lips.

“My pleasure,” YunHo remarked, his words leaving his lips almost in a whisper. He couldn't take his eyes off of JongWan and as if in trance he clasped his hand around JongWan's outstretched one. The touch was warm and gentle. If not for the slight coldness he felt against his palm, he probably wouldn't have noticed. His eyes caught sight of the thing reflecting the sunlight beaming into the meeting room before he let go of JongWan's hand. The latter had already sat down next to ChangMin when YunHo finally registered what he had just gotten to know.

Kim JongWan was married.