Ch. 2

Reticent
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“Did you know that some people thought we hate each other?” You asked, your voice slightly louder than you intended, earning yourself a few glances from the neighbouring table.

You never usually joined anyone other than Jongin and Sehun, maybe occasionally Junmyeon, in the library, but here you were, sitting across a slightly wide eyed Kyungsoo.

You didn’t plan this, but when you reached your favourite floor of the library, he was just right in front of you. The whole place seemed busier than usual anyway and you felt the urge to sit there.

He had nodded without hesitation when you shakily asked if he’s okay with sharing a table, before he continued his work as you started yours. That was an hour and 45 minutes ago. You would rarely spend that much time studying without some sort of interruption, probably because your usual company included your best friends, who despite doing their best to be diligent, had the attention span of a golden retriever. You were getting antsy.

Kyungsoo pushed his glasses up his nose and nodded wordlessly. The dark rims complimenting his black hair and feeding into the quiet and mysterious aura he had going on.

“I think Jongin mentioned it some point,” he replied, putting down his pen and stretching, sliding down his chair a little as he did so. His calves bumped into your legs under the table and he gave them a little squeeze as he crossed his arms over his chest, a smile plastered on his face. Your heart gave a little stutter as he did that, making you reconsider your decision to prompt his undivided attention.

“He also mentioned that some people think we’ve slept together now and everyone’s talking about it. We’re one step closer to being campus celebrities.” He added, wiggling his eyebrows with a deep chuckle.

You snorted, a smile spreading on your lips. He could be playful - something you didn’t know.

You liked the sound of his laugh.

You might be in trouble.

 

~

 

You found out there was a sort of easiness between Kyungsoo and you, especially while you studied, and you happily basked in it, until a thump next to you made you jump in your seat.

You glared at the culprit, only to come face to face with a smirking Sehun, who had apparently dropped his bag on the chair next to you.

“Hey cupcake,” he greeted, a teasing glint in his eye. You were starting to worry. “Kyungsoo.” Sehun greeted his friend with a nod, before sitting down next to you.

“You two are getting cosy,” Sehun remarked, resting his elbow on the table and glancing between the two of you.

“Shut up, Sehun.” You grumbled, jabbing him in the ribs with your highlighter. “Aren’t you going to study?”

“I was looking for you actually,” Sehun started, poking your forehead with his finger. “Jongin is finishing his lecture in a bit and we wanted to have dinner together.”

You glanced at your unfinished work, but at the mention of food your tummy had given a pathetic rumble and you sighed, nodding. You looked up at Kyungsoo, who was seemingly smiling at his notebook.

“You’re coming too, right?”

Kyungsoo looked up at you, light

Please log in to read the full chapter