Ch. 5

Reticent
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

“Are you cold?” He asked, his voice crisp in the evening quiet surrounding you. He still hadn’t let go of your hand, he had kept it firmly in his from the moment you left the party, his thumb rubbing soothing circles on the back of your palm.

You shivered slightly, your body instantly betraying you and making you blush.

“Just a little,” you replied. “We’ll be home soon, it’s okay, don’t worry.

Kyungsoo stared at you for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed, before puffing his cheeks and exhaling, his breath creating a small cloud in the cold air. He gave your hand a squeeze and pulled in the pocket of his jacket, keeping your entwined hands there. You stared into the sky, allowing Kyungsoo to guide you, as you thought of the events had transpired earlier in the evening.

You still couldn’t believe that Sehun and Baekhyun would literally chuck you in a closet and hope for the best. Jongin had eventually found your whereabouts and quickly released you, which you were going to be eternally thankful for, because you really needed the bathroom and it was becoming a worryingly pressing matter.

Kyungsoo and you had quickly decided that you could leave Sehun and Baekhyun’s punishment to Jongin, who was already fuming, and just go home.

The walk to your flat was quite quick and soon you were back in the confinements of your home. The difference was that this time Kyungsoo was right by your side.

You quickly made your way into the kitchen, filling the kettle with fresh water and putting it on.

“Want some tea?” You asked, opening the cupboard with the mugs.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Do you want to watch a movie?” Kyungsoo asked, making you turn to look at him.

He was leaning against the counter, his hands resting on it on his sides as he watched you prepare your drinks.

“We stopped at the Goblet of Fire,” he shrugged, a small smile creeping on his lips.

You smiled back goofily, nodding. It didn’t matter that it was close to midnight at this point and watching a movie now would mean staying up till some ungodly hour. You had Kyungsoo back.

In no time the lights were off and you had two steaming cups of tea on the small coffee table while you browsed through your movies looking for the Harry Potter collection.

As the familiar intro started playing you picked up your mug, taking a sip of the hot beverage.

“Come here,” Kyungsoo’s voice came from behind and you glanced back at him. He was half covered in the blanket you kept on the couch and his left arm was up, making room for you to snuggle into his side. He had a tentative smile on his face, almost insecure, as he waited for you to make your move.

Instinctively your lips stretched into a small happy you smile, your heart rate picking up unwillingly.

You grabbed the second mug and carefully leaned back into Kyungsoo’s side as he wrapped his arm around you securely, letting out the tiniest sigh of what you thought might be relief. You rested your head on his shoulder, falling back into that familiar comfort that you missed so much.

Kyungsoo draped the blanket over you before taking his mug from your hand and taking a sip.

“Thank you for the tea, sweetheart,” he mumbled, nuzzling his cheek into your hair.

You chuckled happily at the affection, pressing yourself into him.

“Any time.”

~

You rarely woke up in the middle of the night, you usually slept till quite late in fact, always enjoying the comfort of your bed to the fullest until you absolutely had to leave. It quickly became apparent that you were not in your bed, however, and you wiggled around until your surroundings became clearer to you and your eyes shot open.

You were sleeping on the couch, snuggled into Kyungsoo’s side as he lay on his back, arm still around you. It was really dark, but the nights during the winter months were much lighter than usual, giving you a clear view of the man next to you. He looked peaceful, despite being squished with you on your small IKEA couch. You took a deep breath trying to steady yourself before you tried to make a move to wiggle your arm from under you where you had trapped it and it had gone numb.

You managed to yank it out with a little bit more wiggling thank you wanted, it had gone completely numb to the point where you couldn’t move it and you had to use your other hand to pull it out from under your bodies. All the shuffling, however, seemed to have alerted Kyungsoo.

You froze as he rubbed his face with his free hand, the other one squeezing you softly at his side.

“Where are you going?” he mumbled, voice raspy, barely audible. He still had his eyes closed and you wondered if he was just sleeptalking.

“Nowhere, my arm went numb so I moved it.” You whispered back carefully, doing your best to ignore the pain from the blood rushing back to your arm. You tried to glance outside the window to try and guess what time it was, but it was impossible and judging by the surrounding darkness it was definitely quite some time before morning.

Kyungsoo suddenly his side to face you, wrapping his other arm around you and pulling you even closer.

“Don’t go,” he mumbled, his hand travelling up your back until it reached the nape of your neck and pulled you closer, his forehead suddenly resting on yours. “Don’t go,” he whispered again, his mouth staying slightly open as you heard the tiniest of snores coming from him.

You snorted quietly, sleepy happiness bubbling inside of you.

“I w

Please log in to read the full chapter