Ch. 3

Reticent
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

You walked into the library in a hurry, eager to escape the cold wind that was howling outside.

You found them at the usual place, on one of the corner tables. You arrived at their side with a huff and they all greeted you quietly, each focused on their work.

You slid in the seat next to Kyungsoo, before rummaging through your bag and taking out your things and laying them out nicely in front of you.

“Ah!” You exclaimed, ruffling through the depths of your bag again. “You forgot your lunch,” you whispered, sliding a box of tupperware towards the man next to you.

You could feel Jongin and Sehun staring at you, but you did your best to blank them out.

Kyungsoo looked at the box with eyes wide in surprise, as you suspected only just realising his negligence.

His lips immediately spread into a smile, his warm thigh pressing to yours softly under the table.

“Thanks, sweetheart. What would I do without you?” He said quietly, causing warmth to travel up your neck.

“Buy lunch probably,” Sehun snorted from the side, which prompted Jongin to kick him in the ankle.

He then turned to you, looking a bit disgruntled regardless.

“Since you started living together, you’re like an old married couple,” he muttered.

Kyungsoo chuckled and you just stuck your tongue out to them and opened your textbook.

It hadn’t even been a month, but living with Kyungsoo was even better than you had expected. He was neat and cleaned up after himself. You occasionally watched TV together. You had recently started cooking for each other, hence the packed lunches with leftovers. Things were calm, good.

Jongin was somewhat right, maybe you were teetering on the edge of acting like an old married couple, but you were okay with that.

~

“Do you want to go out tonight?” Sehun whispered, breaking you out of your reverie.

You shifted on your seat, trying to stretch a little. Your back was killing you.

“What are you planning?” You asked as you rolled your head to the sides.

Suddenly you felt a warm hand caress your neck and knead lightly. You glanced next to you to see Kyungsoo leaning back on his chair and looking at you, his eyes soft as he massaged your neck. You mouthed a thanks to him as he nodded, the corner of his mouth lifting.

“We’re thinking of going in town for drinks, nothing too big, but a change of scene would be good.” Sehun continued, tapping his lips with his pen.

You wiggled in your chair a little, trying to find a more comfortable position. Kyungsoo probably noticed as he moved his hand down your spine, pressing lightly to relieve the built up pressure.

“Sure, I don’t think we’ve been out in town in a while.” You replied, enjoying the warm touch along your back.

You turned to Kyungsoo, the unspoken question in your eyes.

“I’ll go too, yes.” He replied, grinning.

“We’ll be at your place at 9,” Jongin said, smiling happily.

You could feel the excitement building up.

~

There was a knock on your bedroom door, but you could only whine in response.

The door cracked open and Kyungsoo poked his head in. You were a bit ashamed of him seeing you like this - in a heap on the bed, curled up around your blanket.

“Are you ready? The guys will be here soon.”

“I don’t think I can go, sorry.” You grumbled from your little fortress, refusing to move in fear that it will make things worse.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, his voice betraying a hint of worry. He quickly walked over, dropping on his knees next to the bed and pressing the back of his hand to your forehead. “Are you sick?”

You took in his look - he was wearing a crisp white shirt and black slacks, he looked a little too good for you to be able to have this conversation normally.

“Cramps,” you mumbled, averting your eyes from him. You didn’t really need him to know exactly what was happening, but you didn’t want to lie either.

“What?” He asked, leaning in. Your heart rate seemed to accelerate even more and you cursed the little organ in your mind.

“Cramps, I have cramps!” You whined, the pain pushing you over the edge.

“Oh,” Kyungsoo replied, his hand making it’s way in your hair where it played with the loose strands. It was soothing and you honestly didn’t want him to stop, but you couldn’t keep him there either.

“I’ll be fine, you should go out with the rest. I just have to wait for it to pass.” You nudged, trying not to sound too disappointed.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter