Overthinking

Hide & Seek

Loud chatting and the sound of video games could be heard from inside of Seokmin's room.

The previously tidy bedroom turned into a huge mess as none of the 5 boys are willing to go to their own home even though the sun already had to say goodbye to them. 

They laid down at the floor carelessly while laughing at Mingyu who's now cursing a little bit too much because he always lose to Minghao in every single game they played. 

"Minghao, you ing cheater!" Shouted Mingyu as he pointed at the TV screen that showed Minghao's character below a big 'WINNER!', and happily holding up a trophy. 

"No, you're just a big loser," said Minghao while munching on the food that Mrs. Lee gave them a while ago. 

"Umm.. guys, my mom just texted me, saying that she can't pick us up because she had something else to do," said Hansol whom now rested his head on Seungkwan's lap. 

"Nah, it's okay. I think i'd stay overnight here," said Chan. The others noded, agreeing his words. Well, everyone except Seungkwan. "Boo, are you staying too?"

Seungkwan only smiled at Hansol while his hair.

"I think i'll just go home," said him softly, eyes now focused on his other friends who's now arguing about the foods. Seriously, why did this small circle of friend loves to argue so much?

"And you?" Continued him. Hansol seems to think for a while, but then decided to go home with him.

 

After saying goodbye to their friends and Seokmin's parents, Hansol and Seungkwan picked up their belongings and began leaving the house.

Their houses were 5 bus stops away from Seokmin's house, but they decided to walk together anyway.

 

Hansol only wore his thin summer school uniform without the vest, so the night breeze that blew quietly was enough to make him shivered. 

He looked at the man beside him whom kicking the small rocks once in a while along the way. 

"Hey Hansol," called Seungkwan, not even looking at the said man as he kept his gaze focused on the dim road. "I forgot to bring the spare keys to my house," continued him, clearly embarassed by his own careless attitude.

Hansol only chuckled at him and pulled out his phone from his bag, texting his mother.

"My mom said you can sleep over tonight," said him with a smile plastered brightly in his face. Seungkwan only mouthed a small 'thanks' as return.

Then they continued their way back to Hansol's house. Both stayed quiet, just simply enjoying each other's presence through the chilling early summer night.

 

 

They arrived at Hansol's house at around 7pm.

After putting their things in Hansol's room, they takes turn on changing their uniform into a more comfortable clothes.

Hansol was on his laptop when Seungkwan came back from the bathroom, looking all cute with Hansol's light blue sweater that looks big on him.

He motioned Seungkwan to sat beside him on the bed. 

"Looks like the other already found a place for our trip," said him while pointing at the screen which shows a picture of a simple looking cottage near the beach from the link that Mingyu sent to their group chat.

There's a various photos from all around the cottage. Just like any other normal cottage, it was a two stories house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, and a kitchen. 

Looking simple, but the beach in front of the cottage looks beautiful. 

"Where is it?" Asked Seungkwan after he took a closer look on the pictures. Hansol only shrugged and said that Mingyu will take care of everything.

"I hope that this will be a great memories," said Seungkwan eyes still staring at the laptop. The tone in his voice makes Hansol immediately turned his head towards the older boy. 

"You okay?" Asked him worriedly. Seungkwan laid back on Hansol's bed, eyes now staring at the white ceiling. 

"I mean, all of us always been together since forever. We don't know where would the hyungs go after graduating," said him. Hansol only nodded, knowing where this conversation will go.

"I just want the best memories for us, for the hyungs, you understand what i feel right?" Asked Seungkwan, tears began to pouring out from his eyes.

He doesn't even care anymore if Hansol thinks that he's a crybaby. He cared about his friends, and they were all really precious for him.

Maybe he just overthinking, but the thought of having to live far away and lost contact from each other scares him. 

Hansol laid down beside him and stays silent. He knew that his bestfriend was the type who always thinking about others and afraid of being separated from each other.

So instead of answering his question, Hansol just turned sideway to face the older, hand his hair. The gesture seemed to make Seungkwan calm down for a little.

"Let just enjoy the trip and we'll think about that later, ok?" Said Hansol softly, eyes never leaving his bestfriend's. Seungkwan huffed, but agreed to him anyway. 

They stayed like that for awhile untill they decided to go to sleep.

.

.

.

​​​​​​​.

.

Hi! We will get to the mistery soon, as i want to make a little moment for verkwan before the chaos starts.

Thank you for reading and subscribing!♡♡♡