The Journey

Hide & Seek

As the sun went up, the previously quiet and dark neighborhood started to turn into a busy place. From someone who's preparing their shop to open, to the one who's simply taking their dog for a walk to the park.

With light breeze that blew quietly and the warm sunshine shining through the trees, it is already a beautiful morning to begin with for everyone.

Well, everyone but Seungkwan.

The brunette was running from his home with his big bag rested on the poor man's back. Once in awhile cursed under his breath for waking up late.

It was all Jihoon hyung's fault for making him accompanied the older to a nearby cafe to gathers 'inspiration' for the song he's currently working on until midnight.

The boy arrived at Hansol's house a few minutes after, rushed to his friends who's currently started to put their bags and belongings inside the van.

"I'm sorry! Jihoon hyung asked me to accompany him until midnight and I woke up late this morning," said Seungkwan while catching his breath and putting his bag down from his back.

The others looked at him with confused look on their faces. "What are you saying?" asked Seokmin while taking some more bags from the terrace.

Seungkwan blinked a few times before pulling his phone up from his pocket. 

07.42 a.m.

He groaned and dramatically fell off the ground. "I tought it was 8 o'clock already and you guys would leave without me because I'm late!"

Seungkwan's friends laughed at his own foolishness. Even Minghao who's never laughed out loud before, was now rolling on the ground while smacking Mingyu who's just happened to be beside him.

"You guys are mean. I even forgot to take a bath and eat my breakfast," Seungkwan pouted at the boys in front of him. They were all only laughing at him even more, until Hansol told them to stop even though he was the one who laughed the loudest before.

They continued to pack their things into the van and waited for Chan to arrive since his house was the farthest one from the rest of them.

A few minutes later Chan arrived and they helped him putting the youngest's bag into the van. Then they said goodbye to Mr and Mrs Choi before heading off to their destination.

 

 

The journey was loud as expected. Hansol's brother, Seungcheol voluntary asked the group to take them to the cottage by himself. The main reason why he's doing this is because one of his friend lived near the cottage, and he told them that he's going to stay there to watch them. Just in case. 

With Seungcheol joining them, the ride became more fun and noisy since Seungcheol is still a kid by heart.

The ride either consist of them playing some games, singing their lungs out, or even messing with each other. 

Seungcheol would sometimes told them the details about the various place they passed by, until the story about the hard life of being a college student.

"That cafe on the left, is where I first met and asked Jeonghan to be my boyfriend," said Seungcheol quietly, eyes still focused on the road. 

They all awed at his words, even Minghao was taking a picture of that cafe with his phone.

"You asked him out in a cafe?" Asked Chan curiously. Sungcheol only raised an eyebrow while looking at Chan through the mirror.

"I thought you're some cheesy old man who asked Jeonghan hyung out at some fancy dinner with dramatic songs playing in the background and then make ou-" Chan's word were cutted out by Seungcheol who's throwing a pillow from the driver seat. 

Once again, they were all laughing delightfuly while continued to tease Seungcheol who's face now as red as an apple. And again, with Minghao filming and taking picture of everything. Much likely for blackmailing the older incase he tries to mess around with him

 

 

The previous bright blue sky started to fade into a beautiful colors of orange. Some of them were sleeping, even Seokmin who seemed like a kid who have a never ending energy was now snoring pretty loud while resting his head comfortably against Minghao's shoulder.

A few moments after, Seungcheol started to feel tired from driving. He asked Hansol who's sitting beside him that he was going to stop at the rest area for awhile.

Hansol agreed, since his body feels like it was going to break apart from sitting too much.

 

 

They arrived at the rest area, and Seungcheol turned off the van and rushed to the market to buy some coffee.

Hansol yawned and looked behind. There's Chan who's looked like he was playing some games on his phone, while the rest of his friends were asleep.

"Hey Chan," called him quietly, not wanting to wake up the others. Chan looked up at him, raised his eyebrows as if asking 'what?'.

Hansol asked Chan to accompany him to buy some food for the boys, which Chan gladly accept because he's been starving for quiet a long time already.

Before leaving the van, they opened the window a little for air and then locked the vehicle.

They went inside the store and found Seungcheol who was drinking his coffee slowly, trying to get rid of his sleepiness.

"Hyung if you're sleepy, just sleep for awhile. There's no need to rush," said Hansol while patting his brother's shoulder. Seungcheol only nodded and walked back into the van after taking the keys from Hansol.

After Seungcheol left, both of the group's youngest started to pick some food and drink for their friends. 

"Should we get more caffeine or food instead?" asked Hansol while looking at the colorful packaging of snacks and drinks in front of him.

"I don't know-" Chan paused for a second, he looked at the familiar brown bottle before picking it up and put it on the trolley. "For who?"

"Seungkwan hyung likes this chocolate drink right? I will heat it up so Seungkwan hyung will keep warm!" Said Chan while smiling brightly at him. Then he just realised what he just said to Hansol. His face turned into a bright shade of pink.

Chan turned around to grab some more chocolate for the others, hoping that Hansol didn't find him weird for saying that. 

But after waiting for a minute, Hansol didn't speak anything. And when Chan turned his focus onto him, he's surprised to find Hansol still staring at him with weird expression on his face.

"What's wrong hyung?" Asked Chan, trying to sound as normal as possible with smile plastering his face. Hansol shaked his head, seemed to be back to reality.

"Ah nothing,"

They continued their shopping quietly after that. Then they paid for the food, heat the drink, and walking back to the van.

"Wake up!" Chan shouted, loud enough for the rest of the group to woke up from their dream, all except Seungcheol who's sleeping with his earphone on. "What? Are we arrived yet?" Asked Mingyu half-awake, hand rubbing his own eyes lazily. 

"Unfortunately, no. But we got foods, so get up guys," said Hansol while giving the plastic full of snacks and drinks into Seokmin's lap. 

Hansol looked at his friends who's only like a minute ago looked like a bunch of sleepy kids with no will to keep their eyes open, now fighting over their favorite food item.

He smiled at his friend's behavior, until he realised that someone's missing. "Hyung, where's Seungkwan?" asked Hansol to Minghao.

"He said that he's going to wash his face or something. I don't know, i'm not even awake yet," answered Minghao as he tried to open the cap of the chocolate drink.

Hansol immediately rushed to the bathroom to check on his bestfriend. When he arrived there, he didn't see anyone in the bathroom. 

"Seungkwan you there?" said him once he entered the bathroom, but there's no answer.

He called for him again, louder this time. Still, there's no answer. He tried to call for him once again, until a small 'Hansol?' makes him turned his head towards the voice.

There's Seungkwan peeking out from the door belonged to one of the stall, looking at Hansol worriedly. Hansol rushed towards him and stood in front of the brunette.

"What's wrong, Boo?" asked Hansol, looking concerned. Seungkwan stares at him for a while before coming out from the stall and hug Hansol. "I had a bad dream."

At first, Hansol was shocked when Seungkwan suddenly hugged him. But then, a smile appeared on his face.

He gently Seungkwan's hair while whispering some comforting words to the smaller boy on his arms. 

Hansol knows that his bestfriend was always over dramatic sometimes, but he admitted that he's curious with what kind of dream made Seungkwan this scared that he hid in the bathroom by himself.

But, he decided not to ask Seungkwan since he didn't want to make Seungkwan even more scared by asking what caused his fear.

So instead, he just stayed in that position and continued to Seungkwan's hair.

 

A few minutes later, Chan came to the bathroom to tell them that they're ready to leave in ten minutes. 

 

.

.

.

Hi! I'm so sorry for not updating quiet awhile.

I was taking my exams at the first week of October, and took an extra class so i could help myself get into a University next year:')

I'll try to update more frequent and longer!

Thank you for reading!