Chapter 5

Faux Amour

Hehe I forgot what color Jimin's hair was and I couldn't find if I'd made it a certain color before so for now, he'll just have orange hair lol.

 

After Jimin's breakdown, the two had to go back to class. The rest of the day melded together for Taehyung, and he was bursting to get out of school. Finally, the bell of his last class rang, and he slung his bag over his shoulder, leaping over desks to exit the class. He sprinted through the hallways to reach Jimin's locker. He was so fast that he got there before Jimin did and had to wait for him to arrive.

"Oh my gosh, is he waiting for him?" Taehyung heard a girl say to her friend.

"I think so!"

"Damn, that's so adorable."

"I know! I think those two are the cutest couple in the school."

"I agree!"

Taehyung couldn't hear the rest as they walked off. Their words gave him a motley of emotions. First, he thought that that was kind of sad, since the "cutest couple" wasn't even a real couple. Then he felt pride. And then, most strongly, he felt pain. Jimin wasn't his. And he didn't even know about Taehyung's feelings. Taehyung's overthinking led to him becoming more determined to steal Jimin's heart back from Jungkook, and also made him oblivious to the orange haired boy at his locker.

Before Jimin left, though, Taehyung saw him.

"Oh! You're here."

"I've been here for a while. I was waiting for you to notice me."

Taehyung chuckled. "Oh, sorry. Are you okay?" They started walking out of the building.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."

"You're not going to... go back to them, are you?" Taehyung walked with Jimin off the campus on on the path they took back home together.

Jimin sighed. "I honestly don't know."

"Jimin!"

"What? I won't take any of the things they say to heart."

"Yes, you will. Do I have to stay by your side all hours of the day?"

Jimin looked down. "Since when were you holding my hand?"

Taehyung smiled. "How do you know you didn't grab mine?"

"Well, I--" Jimin frowned. "Oh"

Taehyung leaned in close to Jimin face to peck his cheek.

"You're adorable. Don't do anything you'll regret or I'm taking you out of school to watch movies in my room with me all day."

Jimin smiled, ignoring how the feeling of the kiss lingered on his cheek and how he might've liked it a little. "That doesn't sound too bad."

Taehyung winked and they walked on in silence, hands still locked together.

---

Taehyung walked out of the shower, wrapping himself in a towel after tousling his hair with it. He caught sight of himself in the mirror and stopped. He remembered a time (literally a day or two ago) when he didn't care about himself as much as making Jimin happy. And he thought about how quickly his thinking had switched. Jungkook wasn't worthy of Jimin. And he wouldn't be able to make Jimin feel anything except self hatred with those terrible friends of his.

That's what Taehyung thought.

And so he planned out right then and there, how he would use his new status of Jimin's fake boyfriend to gain the other's love.

---

"I miss you, baby."

"Shut up, Taehyung."

"I wish you were here right now."

"Seriously, why did you call me?"

"I wanna kiss you and hold you and dance with you under the stars."

"We aren't at school, it's the weekend. You don't need to put on a show."

"I also wanna do other things to you," Taehyung said in the deepest voice he could muster.

"Goddammit, Taehyung! If you don't get to the point, I'm hanging up on you!"

"You were blushing, right?"

"What?"

"I made you blush?"

"W-well, yeah! Only 'cause you're an idiot."

Taehyung smiled. "Come over."

"Why?"

"I wanna watch a movie."

Taehyung was using his best friend status, he knew. Jimin had homework and other things to do, and if it wasn't Taehyung, he would have declined. But Jimin couldn't say no to Taehyung. Just like how Taehyung couldn't say no to Jimin.

A sigh passed through the phone. "Fine."

"I love you, babe."

"Shut up."

---

Jimin arrived just at the time Taehyung had predicted, meaning he had left right away. Taehyung was warmed.

"I hate you," was what he said when Taehyung opened the door.

"You love me."

Jimin ignored the reply and walked inside the house like he always did. As if it was his own. He headed straight to Taehyung's room and flopped on to the younger's bed immediately, laying on his stomach. Taehyung saw an opportunity and climbed on top of him.

"Tae-- what are you-- ugh-- doing? You're heavy."

Taehyung grinned and poked his nose into Jimin's neck.

"But you're... so cuddly."

He felt Jimin stiffen under him and smirked.

"You're the best boyfriend ever you know, Chimchim."

Jimin pushed Taehyung off, which resulted in him landing on the ground, laughing.

"Shut up, will you? We aren't really dating."

Taehyung stood up. "Sorry. It's just fun to tease you." And see how far I can go.


Jimin sat on Taehyung's bed, staring at the laptop screen, but not registering any of the events playing out on it.

Taehyung's knee was touching his.

At this point, Jimin didn't know what to think. Every time Taehyung , even though it was meaningless and friendly, Jimin's heart would speed up tenfold.

And it didn't make any sense.


Jimin ended up staying over at Taehyung's house.

He slept on the bed while Taehyung (because he had insisted) slept on a mattress on the ground. It was four in the morning, and Taehyung should have been sleeping, but he was too busy thinking. He sat up and leaned over on to the bed. He crossed his arms on the taller mattress and rested his chin on them.

Jimin's sleeping face wasn't exactly something special. But to Taehyung, he was still more beautiful than half the world's population like this; bones relaxed, mouth slightly open, chest rising and falling in a rhythmic pattern.

Do you know that I love you?

 

Can I just say that the more I write this the more I hate myself for writing it. Thank you for everyone who is being patient with me. I really don't like how I've done this, but I continue (very slowly) because of the amazing support I've been getting (so thanks to you guys that motivate me).
Also, I didn't feel like editing this so it probably contains a ton of mistakes.