Chapter 1

Faux Amour

Taehyung fell in love with Jimin probably when he was six. Taehyung had been popular even then, always having at least 10 people to play with.

But when he fell out of the tree, none of them were there. They were all playing with each other, having forgotten about their eccentric playmate. Some others saw him, but didn't do anything. He didn't know what to do, either. His arms were scratched, his knees were scraped, and his ankle was in excruciating pain. Dirt clung to his clothes, tears stained them further.

Then came Taehyung's angel.

Jimin had seemingly come from the clouds, the sun shining behind him at the perfect angle, making him glow in a way that fit him so well. He didn't hesitate to dirty his own clothes by kneeling down on the damp dirt, reaching his short, chubby arms around Taehyung to help him stand. Taehyung had stopped crying by then, just staring at the beautiful boy in awe. He let himself be helped to the nurse's office, where they told him he had probably sprained his ankle. Jimin had left by then.

But it didn't matter. Taehyung would find him the next day.

Jimin would be his first real friend.


"Come on, hyung! The movie started 10 minutes ago!"

"Why are you saying it like it's my fault and not your's we're gonna miss the beginning?"

Taehyung didn't answer, opting instead to grab Jimin's wrist and pull him along.

Even if they missed the beginning, the movie was still really good to Taehyung, and really scary to Jimin. Which made the movie better. Jimin would clutch Taehyung's arm as if his life depended on it, and was really clingy after. It was like this every time they watched horror movies. Jimin hated them and only went because Taehyung loved them so much.

Because he was such a good friend.

Taehyung had been planning on treating Jimin to surprise ice cream for sitting through two hours of horror, but Jimin refused. He was trying to lose weight again.

"Chimchim, why do you do this? You're cuter chubby."

Jimin rolled his eyes; Taehyung could see his insecurity and it broke his heart. "Is it so wrong to want to be healthy?"

Taehyung stepped closer, whispering in his best friend's ear. "Healthy or more attractive? Believe it or not, there's a difference."

Jimin was frowning. He stepped away from Taehyung. "If you're going to be like this--"

"Jiminnnnnnnn!" yelled Taehyung, draping his arms over the other. "You are way more than attractive to me. You know that, right?"

Jimin gave a soft smile to Taehyung. "Thank you, Tae. You're very sweet." Taehyung smiled back. "But you don't count. You're my friend; you're supposed to say those things."

Taehyung suddenly felt very vulnerable holding Jimin in public. He stood up straight and dropped his arms. Jimin frowned a bit once more, but didn't say anything. "Let's, uh, go home now," Taehyung said.

---

Jimin stayed at Taehyung's house, absentmindedly playing with the younger's hair and he studied. Jimin was sitting on Taehyung's bed, with Taehyung laying on his stomach, playing on his phone.

Taehyung got bored and turned the device off to look up at Jimin. The older didn't notice, too focused on trying to memorize the content printed in the packet he was holding.

"You shouldn't study so hard, Jimin. It's the weekend."

Jimin looked down at Taehyung. "You're right, we should do something. Do you wanna go somewhere?"

Taehyung sat up to look out of his window. "It's really late. It's pitch black outside." Jimin shrugged. "Let's go to the park."

---

Taehyung jogged to catch up with the older, who was breathing heavily but smiling.

"I love the scent of autumn. Don't you?" asked Taehyung.

Jimin gave him a smile. "Yes, I do."

Taehyung got an idea. "We should build a castle!" he said before running off. Jimin was used to it, though. They'd been attatched by the hip for ten years, after all.

They collected branches the best they could in the dark, weaving them together to create a kind of fort. Two hours had passed since they'd gotten there, and the two stepped back to admire their handiwork.

"I can't see it well, but I think it's beautiful," said Taehyung.

Jimin nodded.

"Go see it in the morning?"

Jimin nodded.

"Let's go back. School tomorrow."


"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Taehyung~"

Taehyung waited until the song ended to blow out his candles. He forgot to wish for something, but it didn't matter.

His birthday already .

Just two days ago, Jimin had asked the question. And then, "Happy 18th, Tae!" Right. Happy 18th.

It's kind of hard to feel happy when the love of your life wants not only to be with someone else, but use you to get to that someone else before throwing you away and probably rubbing their happiness in your face.

Taehyung had never wanted to cry so badly.

"Tae... are you okay?" asked his older brother Seokjin. Him and his husband Namjoon had always been close to Taehyung, the only ones knowing about his crush on Jimin. But Taehyung hadn't told either about the newest development, which was why they were concerned.

Taehyung placed as big a smile as he could muster. "Yeah! Yeah, hyung, I'm fine. Come on, let's eat cake!"

Usually Seokjin would jump at the mention of cake, but complete lack of sincerity in his brother's face and words only made his worry grow.

"Where's Jimin?" Aha. Taehyung's face froze for a millisecond, enough for Seokjin to pinpoint the source of his brother's depression.

"Probably at his house. Or with Jungkook." He muttered the last part.

"Huh?" asked Namjoon.

"Who's Jungkook?" asked Seokjin.

"Hyung, are we going to eat the cake or just stand here talking about Jimin?" The harshness in Taehyung's voice bit at the older couple.

"O-okay, Tae. We can eat now."

"Thank you," snapped Taehyung before sitting down.

 

Exactly 1,000 words. I'm so sorry this is so short! I realized I don't actually have a plot for this yet. I don't even know how I'm going to bring Yoonseok in (I just know that I will). I think the chapters will be longer once I actually decide on what I want to do, so I have to go do that. Which means the next update will most likely take a while. Also, this chapter is unedited and probably really y. Forgive me, I don't know what I'm doing.