Chapter 2.5

Faux Amour

"Hi, hyung. Sorry it's a bit late."

The other yawned. "It's alright. I was only waiting for your call for two hours."

Hoseok flushed. Yoongi had waited for him? "Sorry," he said again.

Yoongi shrugged. "It's fine. I didn't really have much to do, anyway."

"You could have slept."

"Then I would have either missed the call or murdered you for waking me up," Yoongi pointed out.

Hoseok shrugged. "You need more sleep. I don't mind being murdered."

Yoongi chuckled, filling Hoseok's chest with something warm and fuzzy. "What were you doing?" he asked.

"Stayed after class a bit to help out this girl. She's got potential, but I think she's scared or something. Too stiff."

"Or..." started Yoongi.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Why do you have to see only bad in everyone? It happened once. Not everyone wants to get into my pants, you know."

Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right."

Hoseok didn't know how to feel at that statement. "Did you eat, hyung?"

Yoongi pursed his lips.

"You have to eat! Go, right now. You went grocery shopping, right? Find something from your kitchen. I'll be here waiting so I can see that you actually eat."

Yoongi groaned and dragged himself off the floor where he was sitting, leaving the laptop he was video calling Hoseok on resting on the ground. Hoseok waited patiently for about five minutes until Yoongi reappeared on his screen.

"What did you get?" asked Hoseok.

Yoongi tilted the bowl in his hands to the camera, showcasing meat and vegetables on rice. Hoseok nodded, satisfied.

The two talked well into the night, until Hoseok told Yoongi to sleep, and Yoongi told Hoseok to sleep as well, and they argued with each other about how the other needed sleep, while they were fine themselves. Finally, Hoseok promised to sleep, but only if Yoongi did, which Yoongi reluctantly agreed to.

They bid each other good night and hung up at the same time.

---

"We think you're extremely talented, Hoseok. Everyone had said very good things about you, and apparently, you're very good at explaining things as well. Do you think you could work while you're in school as well?"

Hoseok scratched his neck. "Wow. I'm extremely honored, but my school is kind of far from here..."

"Oh, no! Not work here. I have a friend who's studio is very close to your campus. I think she would be delighted if you worked for her. What do you say? Will you think about it? I'm absolutely sure she'd say yes, so it's up to you."

"Yeah, I'll... think about it."

"Okay. You can get back to me by the weekend?"

"Yeah, sure. Thanks."

"Thank you, Hoseok. I hope you decide to do it."

---

"Of course I'm going to do it! Why wouldn't I? This is such a great job, and this way, I can keep doing it! I'm so excited."

Yoongi smiled. "I'm happy for you, Hoseok."

Hoseok beamed. "Thanks, hyung. Do you think you're going to work?"

Yoongi shrugged. "I was accepted at a recording studio."

Hoseok flew into the air, slamming his hands onto the table. "Really?? Why didn't you tell me? This is so big!! I'm so excited for you!! When?? How come you didn't tell me you interviewed?"

Yoongi looked down from the screen. "Because I didn't know if I was going to be accepted or not. I've been looking for a while, and... this is the only place out of eleven. Whereas you got your job on the second try."

Hoseok settled back in his seat. "Oh."

Yoongi looked up. "I'm not mad at you, Hobi." Hoseok flushed at the name. "I just don't like seeing you disappointed. It would've been worse than not getting the job."

Hoseok stayed quiet for a while. "When are we going to see each other?"

"We're seeing each other right now. At least, I can see you. Can you not see me? Is something wrong with the computer?"

Hoseok shook his head. "No, I can see you. It's just... I want to meet with you in person. I haven't seen you in three years."

Yoongi was silent before nodding slowly. "Yeah, okay."