Chapter 2

Meet me by the river?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My relationship with my parents are not the best. Even though I live under the same roof with my father, we rarely see each other. Whenever I go to my university he would still be sleeping, when I got home he would still be out working. I only get to see him when I woke up late or when he went home from work early. Ever since I'm friends with Bona and the boys I always go home late on holidays and he would be asleep by the time I got home. Lately I've been going back and forth to my dad's office because I'm trying to write down an article about how difficult it is to become a lawyer. But still, my dad's office building is huge and I won't be able to see him whenever I come. I actually got used to it up to the fact that I felt weird if I see him around. 

 

"Oh, Lena you're here to find ideas about your article again?" The front desk said. I smile and nod my head. 

"Yes, I'm hoping through this article I will get promoted to work as an Intern at one of the largest publishing company." I explain to her. 

"Well, that will be great! Wish you best of luck!" She smile politely. I nod my head and wave at her. This building is always filled with troubled people begging to find a lawyer that can help their problems. It amazed me how good the employees are at handling the situation, if I'm looking for a lawyer I would turn this building upside down until someone would defend me. I head towards the conference room and analyze some of the cases. 

"Wow, what a work." I muttered under my breathe after looking at people waiting to be mended.   

*ring ring* 

"Hello?" I answer my phone.

"Hello, is this Ms.Lena?" The voice said. 

"Ah, yes that is me." I said. 

"This is the publishing company that you reached out yesterday about wanting to be an intern?" The voice said. 

"Yes yes, do I get the position?" I ask. 

"We read your work about country side doctor's journey and love the way you describe your article. We are wondering whether you have another work that we can see just for sure?" The voice said. 

"Yes! Of course, I'm just finishing my last chapter. When should I submit the file?" I ask. 

"Very good then! You may submit your file by the end of the week. The sooner the better." The voice said. 

"Thank you so much, I promise I won't disappoint." I say. 

"You are very welcome Ms.Lena." The voice said and I hang up my phone. I put my phone in my pocket and sit back down looking at each one of the clients while writing down my article. After spending about a good 50 minutes writing my stomach grumble like it's trying to commit suicide from hunger. 

"Urghh!" I mutter while clenching my stomach. 

 

This won't do, I have to eat! I thought and stand up leaving the room. I press the lift button and head straight down to the basement parking lot to get my car. I get in my car and text Seonho. 

 

[LINE] 

Lena: hey you done with your basketball practice? Wanna grab some dindin? 

Seonho: yeahh I'm done, perfect timing I'm hungry. Where do u want to eat dinner? 

Lena: somewhere romantic 

Seonho: wow you're sad, stop using me as your fake boyfriend so you won't look lonely! 

Lena: yah! That's what friends are for. 

Seonho: Let's eat at Ritz restaurant 

Lena: sure! Bring Guanlin along 

Seonho: okayy see u there :3 

Lena: :3 

 

I lock my phone and start driving my car. I turn on the radio listening to some music. 

"Hello radio listeners, tonight's topic is about how to differentiate a sincere guy with a playboy." The radio said, I reach out my hand and turn up the volume. 

"When a guy is only looking for you to have fun, he is most probably playing. Especially when he ghost on you the next day." The radio said. 

"Ahh.. omo! That's what Insoeng ssi to me!." I said to myself while driving my car. 

"When a guy ask about your day and genuinely interested with your stories, that guy is a keeper." The radio explained. 

"Does this mean Baekho sunbae likes me? Omo otteokhae!" I said to myself while thinking about him. I laugh like crazy at the thought and start parking my car in front of the restaurant. I turn off the radio and get out walking inside the restaurant. Seonho and Guanlin is already seated there reading their menu. 

"Hi guys." I greet and pull out the chair beside Guanlin. 

"You look cheerful." Seonho smile and raise his hand calling the waiter. 

"I'm so happy today! My work got accepted at the publishing company I told you guys about." I said. 

"Yahh.. that's a good thing! I'm proud of you!" Guanlin said while rubbing my shoulders. I smile and nod my head. 

"How bout you guys? Are you guys playing in the team yet?" I ask. 

"Yeah, we are chosen as the lead main players for the next tournament game, don't forget to come and cheer for us." Seonho said. 

"Yah, whenever there's a room full of guys Lee Lena is always there." I told then jokingly. 

"How may I help you?" The waiter ask. 

"I'll have the wagyu steak please." Seonho said. 

"I'll get the pizza and kobe beef." Guanlin said.

"I'll have the truffle pasta." I told the waiter. 

"Oh, and one roasted chicken and one avocado toast." Seonho added. I look at him like it's an everyday thing. Whenever we went out to eat Seonho and Guanlin would eat a 3 people serving and they ends up paying for the bill since they both eat a lot. It's a win win situation, they're full and I don't have to chip in. 

"Yah, Lena your photo is up again in HUU's account." Seonho said while looking at his phone. So 90% of our university consist of rich and spoiled students, everyday students will come to school wearing the trendiest clothing with expensive brands. I always wonder whether our university is a school or a Seoul Fashion Week since they always wear the newest trend and brands. Because of that one of the student creat an account called 'HUU' which stands for Habaek University Ulzzang. All of our faces is uploaded a lot, the students are starting to think one of us created

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter