Chapter 6

Meet me by the river?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lena's P.O.V 

 

"Students, students please sit on your chair and give your attention to me. Stop running please- BAE JINYOUNG SIT DOWN! YOO SEONHO YOU TOO!" The principle shouts from the podium. I swear if it's not because of the huge money he received he would murder all of us. Today is the last day of our MT and the teachers decided to held a 'sports day'. I'm already in a bad mood because they woke us up at 6:00 a.m and force us to sit for a long morning 'inspirational' speech as they call it. 

"Now that I have all of you sorted, we shall begin our inspirational sermon. Apparently we are in luck because we have 3 successful young entrepreneurs here attending our event in such short notice. And of course they are all Habaek University graduates." The principle said proudly. "Give a huge round of applause for Hwang Minhyun, Kim Jaehwan and Yoon Jisung!" We all clap our hands as they all walk up the stage. 

 

*BANG* 

 

Ong Seungwoo fell on the stage's steps. 

 

"And Ong Seungwoo!" The principle added trying to advert our attention and hiding the fact that he's surprised by Ong Seungwoo's sudden appearance. 

 

"Hahahahaha!" I laugh on my seat and everyone turns around to look at me. 

Gurae, serves you right Ong Seungwoo. 

He then stands up as fast as he can and straighten his shirt.

 

"Why do I have a feeling that Seungwoo hyung is not invited but he came anyways." Guanlin whisper to me. 

"He's always like that, trying to fit in." I whisper back glaring at my boss as he glares back at me. 

"Tsk, he is actually popular Lena-ya. He is not 'trying' as you put out." Guanlin whisper. I roll my eyes and focus my attention back at the boys on the stage. 

"Hello everyone, I'm Yoon Jisung." Jisung oppa started the speech. I yawned and look around the room and I made an eye contact with Baekho. I smile at him and he smile back, he motions for me to follow him out of the hall and escape from this hours of torture. I smile and quietly stand up from my seat.

"Yah! Oediga?" Daehwi asked me when I stand up. 

"Running away." I whisper to him and walk out of the hall. 

"Lena!" Baekho shout whisper from the corner. I smile and approach him. 

"It's such a shame that we are spending our morning with useless speeches instead of spending it by enjoying the morning breeze of Jejudo." Baekho told me. I nod and pull my jacket closer to my body. We both walk down to the beach and enjoy the view. 

"So how was your work so far?" He ask me. I shrug and sit down on the sand. 

"I kind of regret working there, I mean the only reason why I wanted to work there is because I enjoy writing articles but all I get from my boss is only nags." I sigh. Baekho sit beside me and laugh. 

"Trust me, Seungwoo hyung is not like that in real life. He is actually a good boss and he helped me out a lot." He told me. I decided to keep quiet and listen to the waves instead making me calm and relaxed. We both sit in silence for about 30 minutes then it's all ruined by Baekho's phone. 

"Eo? It's Hyunbin he texted me saying that the sermon is over and we should go back now." He informed. I nod my head and we both walk back towards the hall. When we enter the hall the students are all already divided into groups. 

"I see that you guys are skipping sermon." Seungwoo sajangnim said from behind. 

"Here are your groups, it'll be good if students sit back and listen to inspirational speeches that can help them rather than running out to date." He tsked and push the paper at Baekho's chest wincing a bit at the unexpected toned chest then leaves. 

"Are you sure he's a nice boss?" I . 

"Well I guess he can be a bit childish." Baekho laughs and read the paper. 

"Wow, can today get any better. I'm one group with Kyungri." I groan and walk towards the group. The group consist of all the students that are jealous of my beauty and fame. 

"Move aside peasants, you guys should be lucky that you're one group with me." I announced and sit far away from them. Kyungri roll her eyes and step on my shoes. 

"Oops, didn't see you there. I guess your existence is not important anyways." She mocked and her friends laugh. 

"At least I don't undergo a plastic surgery just so the guy I like will like me back." I mutter underneath my breath but I swear Guanlin can hear me from behind because he laugh so loud leaving Kyungri dumbfounded. I smirk at her as she leaves. Best group ever! 

 

-+- 

"Alright everyone now stand face to face with one another and pass the balloons as quick as possible." Jisung oppa said and he blows the whistle. I stand in front of Kyungri and she's smirking at me as she passes me the water balloon as hard as possible making it pop on my face. 

"Urgh!" I shout annoyed and look up to see Kyungri crossing her arms across of me while smirking. I take a deep breath and decided to let it go because Lena is nice and mature. I pull my hair back and stand straight up as the team start passing another bal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter