Chapter 3

Meet me by the river?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do you look so nervous Lena ssi?" Seungwoo teased from his table. I shook my head and gulp.

"I-I-I'm not." I stuttered. 

 

Act normal Lena-ya! You are not an amateur ! 

 

"Okay question number one, what makes you think that you're qualified to work at Ong Publishings?" He ask seriously staring intimately at me. 

"Umm, I really enjoy writing articles and researching them. I've won countless writing competition and I feel like I'm qualified." I explain timidly. 

"You feel like your qualified? So you're not qualified enough?" Seungwoo ask. 

"Anii~ what I mean is that I'm okay, I'm good but I don't want to show off so I'm being humble." I answer him. 

"Ye?!" He said taken back and he then covers it with a cough. 

"So umm, Lena sii. As you know my company is the number one publishing company here in Seoul. Do you think your performance can  help maintain the company's reputation?" Seungwoo said. 

"Yes, I'm confident that I can help improve and maintain it's reputation." I answer. He nod his head and then write something down on the paper. 

"Okay last question, do you have a boyfriend?" He ask. My eyes widen at the question and I scratch my hand nervously. 

"Umm, no. But a lot of guys are interested in me does that count?I mean I'm not single because no one likes me its just that-"

"You don't have to explain yourself Lee Lena, single means single." He suddenly laugh. I look taken back and laugh a long with him (not awkward at all) 

"Cha!" He suddenly say and close the book hard making me jump on my seat. 

"You are accepted." He added.

"Really?? Thank you so much sajangnim!" I saw happily. 

"You will be working as my assistant." He smile. 

"But- I thought I'm going to be a journalist?" I ask. 

"You will be, but rookie workers usually starts off by being my assistant. After I see your performance you'll be moved to your desired department." He explained. 

"A-ahh.. gurae? Okay then It's a pleasure to be working with you!" I smile and reach my hand out to shake with him.

"FOR me, not work with me. You are my employee." He said and slap my hand away. 

 

Ye? 

 

That guy! 

 

I scrunch my eyebrows in annoyance and force a smile towards him. 

"Hahahaha, yes sajangnim." I say. He smile and stand up to leave. Once he leaves the room I punch the air in annoyance. 

"Why out of all people in this world do I get a cocky guy as my boss?!" I shout and grab my bag and storm out of the room. 

-+-

 

After putting on my lipstick I grab my bag and walk out of my room, as usual the house is always quiet just the sound of my maid moving plates are heard. 

 

Wait..

 

Plates?

 

"Appa?" I said confused once I saw him sitting in the dining room. 

"Ah ye my daughter, come have dinner with me." He said gesturing me to sit beside him. 

"Umm, I would love to Appa but I have to go to Jinyoung's birthday party." I said. I know I know, it is a one out of 100 times that my dad is home and I'm given a chance to eat with him. But it's Jinyoung's party he has been bothering me a lot about it and I promise to come. 

"Ah.." he said disappointed. 

"How about, We go grab dinner tomorrow? After class?" I suggest. 

"Well, I should check my schedule first." He said not giving in easily. I smile and hug him.

"You know I love you right?" I said full of aegyo. 

"Ne, ne. Go now before you're late." He said while patting my head. 

"Appa Jjang!" I said while giving him a thumbs up. Even though we are not that close, I know he's hiding the pain and fact that mom has leave him to marry someone else. He may be annoying at times but he is still my one and only dad. 

 

*Ding Ding*

 

 (Don't mind the time, just mind the texts :) ) 

 

Putting down my phone I continue to drive towards Jinyoung's party. After about 30 minutes I've finally arrived at his party. Checking my make up once again making sure that everything looks good, I turn off the engine and step out of the car. The lights and music can be heard from here even though the party is at the rooftop. Walking in the hotel I press the lift button and go straight up. 

 

"YAYAYAYA BIRTHDAY BOY!" I shout excitedly as soon as I arrived. 

"LENAA!!" Jinyoung said happily running towards me. I smile and hug him.

"Here you go, your present!" I say while handing him the gift. 

"Yahh.. Lee Lenaa, gomawo!" He said touched and drag me towards the seats. 

"Ohh Lena, looking pretty!" Guanlin said. I roll my eyes and sit beside Bona

"It's everyday bro!" I said to him. 

"I take back my words." He say directly making everyone laughs. I turn towards Bona to see Daniel oppa sitting beside her. 

"YAH! Why did you bring your man here?" I complained. 

"It's Jinyoung's party and he knows Daniel." Bona said.

"So unfair! Why didn't I have a partner?" I groan. 

"You should've come with your boss." Seonho teased. I gasp in shock

"YOU KNEW?!" I shout.

"YAH! We all grow up together of course I know who's the CEO of Ong's publishing." Seonho defends. 

"Gurae, should I call him to come Lena? He said he's busy but I'm sure he'll come here once he know his abuser who turns out to be his employee here." Daniel oppa tease. 

"Yah! Don't you dare!" I said while hitting him. 

"Omg you guys, I was told to become his assistant!" I cry out while taking a sip of a random drink in front of me. 

"Assistant?" Jihoon ask confused. 

"Yeah! I told him my desired position in the company is to become a journalist but he told me that I have to be his assistant first before becoming a journalist." I groan in annoyance. 

"What? So you accept it?" Daehwi ask. 

"Of course I did! I want to become a journalist so bad even if it meant becoming his assistant first." I told them and take another sip of the drink. 

 

Damn this drink is strong.. 

 

"Seungwoo is a good man, you shouldn't be worried." Daniel oppa said. I look at him and laugh 

"He is crazy from the first time I saw him." I say and continue drinking. 

 

What is this drink.. 

 

-+- 

 

Daniel's P.O.V 

 

 

 

 

-+- 

 

Lena's P.O.V 

 

Omg! This drink is spiked! I'm so dizzy right now and everything is spinning around me. 

"Unnie! Are you okay?" A voice said beside me. I turn to see Tae ah looking at me.

"TAEAHH!" I shout and hug her.

"My little sister from another mother Taeahh..." I whisper into her shoulder. 

"You poor thingg.." I added. He rub my back and lead me towards the table.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter