Chapter 6 - The Appointment

A Turning Point (to be continued/editing mode)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

MINA

It was the day. The day of my appointment. I’m excited but at the same time nervous. The clock had just struck 10am. My appointment was scheduled at 11am. I had sent a text to Baekhyun a few days ago about my appointment and said he will pick us up. By us, I meant Minjae and I. He does not know I have a younger brother nor knowing that there will be someone other than us, so I wonder what his reaction will be.

I have no idea what time he will pick us up, but I have gotten Minjae ready with all his stuffs so we’re good to go. We were watching cartoons when the bell rang. I put pillows surrounding Minjae so that he will have support while sitting up and went to answer the door. I opened the door and it was Baekhyun.

“Hey, come in.” I said as I opened the door wider to let him pass through.
“Thanks, so you ready to go?” He entered and waited for me before going in any further.
“Yes… But before that, I would like you to meet someone if you don’t mind?” I asked him while looking away from his eyes.
“Sure. But who?” I could tell he was curious.
“You’ll see for yourself.” I gave him a small smile and lead him to the living room.

As we entered the room, Minjae who had his attention towards the television turned to look at us. As soon as he saw us, or me, he had the biggest smile ever and I couldn’t help but give him a big smile as well. I went over to pick him up, but doing so, he got excited and tilted onto the pillows. I picked him up and turned around to face Baekhyun. I thought he will be in the same spot I left him, but he was following me instead.

“Who’s this little guy?” He asked and pinches Minjae cheek with a big smile.
I cleared my throat, “This is Minjae, my younger brother and baby, this is Baekhyun hyung.”

Minjae had his hands up towards Baekhyun, wanting him to hold him. Baekhyun took him and I was clearly surprised. It looks as if it was picture perfect and I was slowly falling for him. I was in my own world when Baekhyun snapped me out of it.

“Mina? Hey, Mina! It’s already 10:40am. We have to get going or we’re going to be late.”
My cheeks felt warm, “Erm, yeah, sure… I’ll just get his bag and we can go.” I said while getting his bag by the kitchen counter. “And can we take my car instead? Minjae needs his car seat and the trouble to –“ I was talking at a fast speed until Baekhyun cuts me off.
“Hey hey hey, calm down… Take a deep breath,” I did what he told me to, “And yes, we can take your car alright? But I’m driving.”
At this moment I don’t want to make a fool of myself, so I just nod to what he said.

I strapped Minjae into his car seat and gave him his toys to keep him entertain while Baekhyun start the car. I got into the passenger seat and off we go to the hospital.

We were waiting in the room for the doctor to enter. I was sitting on the bed, not really a bed but you get what I mean, and I was feeling so nervous or scared. Baekhyun was sitting at the corner with Minjae on his lap. Minjae was getting fussy when we reached the hospital and I was getting stress, as what Baekhyun said, and took him from me.

“Good morning, you’re Kim Mina, I’m correct? And you’re here to check on your baby?” A female doctor enters.
“Yes, I am Dr…” I replied her.
“Oh, I’m sorry… I’m Dr Oh Yeongmi and I’ll oversee your whole pregnancy until you’ve given birth.” She introduces herself and sat down on a stool by the computer.
“I see you have your husband and baby boy with you.” She said looking at Minjae and then at Baekhyun. What startled me was she and Baekhyun had a look where it almost seems as if they knew each other.
“Oh no, that’s my younger brother Minjae and he’s the father of the child I’m carrying.”
“I see, now let’s get started, shall we?” She gave me a smile.
She never once glance at Baekhyun after that incident.

The whole process of the appointment was full of stuff that I had to take note off that I was thankful that I brought my notebook. Baekhyun on the other hand listened ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter