The Wolf Emperor

THE WOLF EMPEROR

When the car stops, Dominick goes down and circles the car until he reaches Raylan's side and opens its door. 

"Riri, we're here. " Dominick whisper, after shaking Raylan for a bit. 

"Already? Why do you have to drive so fast, Nicki," she grumbles. She is the only one who is still standing after calling their eldest that nickname. Dominick's affection toward their youngest is unfathomable. He will do anything for her as her brother and familiar.

When Keon steps out of the car, he glances and smiles towards Raylan and Dominick, the closeness of those two is astonishing that you can compare them to being lovers but they all knew that Dominick's feelings for Raylan are just platonic and nothing else.

"Quit whining, Ray. You know very well that there's no avoiding all of these." Keon jokes.

"And you know very well that I can do something about it if I want to." she pouts, eyes still closed.

Raylan Sophia Henry... she is their most precious younger sister even though she is an adopted child. Keon still remembers the first time that they all meet the young Raylan, he cannot forget it as it is the most indelible memory of his childhood.

Eight years have passed and that memory is still fresh from his mind and he knows that he is not the only one. All of them feel protective and possessive toward their younger sister but no one can blame them after they learn the truth. Keon is the same age as Raylan but the latter is more matured given by her experience. 

Raylan is very special, never in Keon's existence that he meet such a person. They all heard about her when they're old enough to understand the consequences of knowing. Raylan does not want to keep a secret from them as she considers them as a family and they have already proven their loyalty to her several times. 

Their parents warn them though that if it's only necessary that they have to reveal the truth but if not, there's no need for them to know. 

Raylan sigh.

"Oh, Blessed Moon Goddess,

Who watch upon these lands. 

I claim the Rights, 

For those souls who wonder. "

When she opens her eyes, a ball of light lingers in front of her and when she held her hand, it enters her palm and a ring appears signaling permission to continue.

She looks at Dominick whose eyes twinkle in amusement but didn't say anything. "Can you stand aside?" she said out loud and raise her hand outside, after a second she withdraws her hands and close her eyes. "There's 3 of them and they unconsciously messing with the sun's heat, if this continues there will be fire throughout the land that will be hard to wipe out because the power that comes to it is a lot stronger because it's uncontrollable and new." 

"Do you need help? " Dominick replied instantly. 

"No, I can handle the three of them just fine but can you please inform them first." And she begins to tell him the important details.

"Alright, just give me a minute. Is that alright?"

"Yes but hurry, the power they releasing are starting to takes effect on their body."

Dominick nodded and disappear before her. 

'An awakening first thing in the morning.' Yuen said in mindlink for his company.

Even the words said in a whisper far from him, he can't help but heard it clearly as his senses are sharp above others.

He can't see the person clearly but her voice sounds so clear and soft.

A gust of wind came suddenly in their direction and a figure appears meters away from Yuen for him to focus his attention in front of him.

Yuen two familiar stood by his side the moment the figure appears. Gregory, his head familiar, and Zia.

"State your business," Zia speaks formally, in contrast to her true nature. When it comes to the safety of the Prince, nothing is more important to them especially now that the prince will turn eighteen in two weeks.

Yuen understands the protectiveness of his familiar because his birthday is in a few days. On his eighteen birthday, he will recognize his mate, the moment that he's waiting for all his life. The girl can recognize him as her mate if she is sixteen and above, if not, he had to wait for her to recognize him and the mate bond. He can't tell if his wolf can endure the wait to be recognized because as much as he is, his wolf is so eager to have someone that belongs only to them and no one else.

'You got that right, so you better pray that she is at the right age because I've been waiting for so long.'

'I know but me too, you're not the only one.'

"Prince Yuen, a pleasure to meet you but unfortunately I do not have the luxury for introductions. We will do an awakening ceremony in a few minutes. I just want to inform you of the details, so there will be no problem." Dominick said in a rush and rigid tone, the power that emitted from the Prince is making him feel uneasy and the looks he is receiving from the guy on the prince's side is making his jaw clenched. 

Yuen cut his connection to his wolf and concentrate on the matter at hand.

Gregory listens intently. He is Yuen's head familiar and the oldest among the twelve at 23.

Yuen has 12 familiars in total. Making him stand out above others except for being the crown Prince and the heir to the throne. He acquires all of them in the same year when he turns sixteen. 

Accepting them is not easy because he has to consider a lot of things and that is the first time that somebody has 12 familiars that pledge themselves in one person in the same year.

The Emperor had seven familiar under him but he acquires them in a different year, so for everyone, the crown prince case is quite a shock.

According to some of them who are older than him, they have been keeping an eye on him the moment he graces the world and through the years, saw his rapid growth that they consider him worthy of their power, and when the time comes they don't hesitate and pledge themselves to him. Familiar children are wise and mature even at a young age, a requirement that they need as a protector.

Aside from his 12 familiars, there are four more people who pledge their loyalty to him and they will help him lead the empire to the highest. Those four will be leading the four territories that surrounded the capital.

"Alright. May the Moon Goddess guides you." Yuen said after hearing the details. He is quite impressed. In just a minute, that girl sense and gather information faster than anyone in the school has ever been.

Dominick clenched his jaw and remain calm. He didn't like that Gregory at all. Among his siblings, he is the most short-tempered and that's the reason why they consider him the most dangerous inside the house, the only one who isn't affected by it is Raylan.

He saw from the corner of his eyes that Raylan go down from her seat and take a few steps towards their direction and look directly in their eyes.

"Gregory, kneel before your master." The command is so strong that Gregory can't do anything but comply. "Next time that you insult one of mine, I wouldn't be so merciful, head familiar or not. " She threatens, her voice is cold as ice.

Yuen remains still, never paying any attention to the person who just spoke. Everything about her is an illusion, her appearance is concealed for everyone to see and only those who are blessed with rights on the land had the power to differentiate. Even her true form is concealed from him by some unknown magic.

Gregory clenches his jaw in anger and about to retaliate but one look from the prince made him bow his head.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness."

Yuen nod. The look on other's faces shows shock at what happened. He takes a look at Raylan once again and saw her looking at Dominick with a tender look. Her steel gaze earlier is gone.

"Nicki." She spoke his name like a caress and something inside of him snap because of it and he didn't like how affected he is at all.

"Everyone, an awakening ceremony is about to start and I want everyone to cooperate."  Yuen's booming voice was heard throughout the school premises and everyone complying with a nod.

"I'm sorry Gregory but damn that was hot." Emmanuel remark. Gregory just stays quiet.

'What was that, Gregory?'  Yuen asks, using his connection to his familiar.

'I'm so sorry, Your Highness but I don't like him at all.'  Gregory replied.

'They are similar to one another.'  Zia joins in.

'What do you mean similar?'  Yuen inquire.

'Dominick is a head familiar just like him. Gregory has been the only one in this city to have that title and now having one and a transfer student at that,  they are bound to clash with each other sooner or later.'  She explains. She just looks toward them and stares.

To be able to have a head familiar, one must have more than 8 familiars as their own.

'How many do you think she has?'  Eco asks one of his familiar who is so shy and timid but very different when it comes to battle and everything associated with it.

'I don't know, I can't read her at all.'   Zia replied, a frown on her.

'You wouldn't because everything about her is false. I don't know why my father allows this to happen and later, I will know everything.' he promises them.

Dominick makes his way toward his sister and envelops her in his arms.

"Thank you.  I'm about to snap back there," he whispers.

"You're welcome, are you ready, Nicki? " Raylan asked. She already pinpoints their location, all she needs to do is get to where they are and do the ceremony separately that she knows will consume much power from her. The school ground is big that they are far away from each other. 

"Ready when you are. Let's get it done so you could attend your first day of the new school." Dominick smirk. 

He knows that Raylan dreaded the first day of school because she doesn't want to be the center of attraction for being the transfer student.