The Wolf Emperor

THE WOLF EMPEROR

As the sun touches the horizon for the first time that day... students fill the parking lot of the enormous buildings on the west side of the territory.

Empire of Dawn is the land where the supernatural exists. It is a haven for all and it is divided into five territories - the Capital, north, east, west, and south. Each territory is being led by the Head Lord that being commanded by the Emperor.

The Empire School is located in the western territory. 

"Have they arrived yet?" Yuen asks, he is part of the royal family being the crown Prince and the heir. 

"No, but the eldest son arrive half an hour ago and get all their respective schedule," Emmanuel said and pause, contemplating if he will continue or not. "Let me tell you something, that guy is dangerous," he said darkly afterward. 

"What do you mean?"

"He feels threatened because --- " Anastasia  into their conversations. 

"Ana... I'm not, okay." Emmanuel cut her off, butting in the conversation like that is like asking for a death sentence especially around the royal family but Anastasia belongs to the Walker family of the West and a long-time friend and ally of the Reed, so she is one of the exceptions. 

"Threatened how?" Yuen asks, his mood change and the air of authority and dominance surround them instantly. 

"That his popularity will be deflated by the arrival of the newcomers," Ana said sarcastically, finishing her sentence with a playful glee in her eyes.

"My popularity is one of the many great aspects that complete my life, so sorry if I feel threatened." Emmanuel remark, glaring at Ana and giving Yuen a quick side glance and see his smile in the corner of his lips, he seems to relax a little. 

Yuen just shakes his head at him. Emmanuel always acts childish but when it comes to a serious matter, they can count on him. "So what did he do for you to say that? I know there's more to it than what you have said, so spill it out before I lose my patience with you." Yuen threatened lightly. 

Emmanuel looks at Yuen, being the heir and the crown prince suits him perfectly. His loyalty to the Reed family became so much deeper when he begin to serve under Yuen 3 years ago. He and 3 others pledge their loyalty to him when all of them turn fifteen, the right age to learn how to govern the Empire of Dawn. The four of them were chosen by the four Gods to serve the emperor. They were chosen and blessed with power along with the responsibility to protect. 

"He said and I quote ' It's not that I don't trust the barrier that surrounded the school but my sibling will be here most of the day and I don't want any harm that comes their way, so could you please let me test it out for my peace of mind.' and I let him."

"You what?" Yuen asks incredulously. 

"Don't worry, Prince Yuen. I'm with him when that happens and believe me when I said that I want to strangle this person beside me when he suddenly agreed to it without having to consult us in the first place." Tamara said the one who's responsible for the protection of everyone inside the school premises.

Tamara is a quarter but a very powerful familiar whose ability is creating a powerful barrier and along with four others, they defend all of them inside the school from time immemorial. She is also one of the four that serve under Yuen. 

Tamara's family is the one responsible for the barrier that surrounds the whole Empire. She belongs to the Morrison family that governs the North territory that specializes in creating a barrier. 

"So what happens afterward?" Yuen asks, curious to know what is the outcome of their big experiment. 

"Together with four of my team, we created a ball of a barrier for him to test. " Tamara said, her jaw is clenched hard. Remembering what happened earlier made her mad at herself, it just means that her power is not strong enough to stop those who are at a higher level than her own. 

"I guess the result is not to your liking base on your expressions," Yuen concluded. 

"He just stands there, eyeing the ball of the barrier they created, and suddenly, it shattered to pieces before everyone's eyes." Emmanuel said solemnly. 

"What happens next?" Yuen ask. Tamara is powerful, so for her shield to be diminished so fast, the guy must be on his level. He can also shatter the barrier if he wishes to do so, there's only a handful of people who can. 

"He smiles and thanks us. "

"Is he being sarcastic?" Keilan asks, who arrive a moment ago, and joined their conversation after hearing the detail. 

"No... it is a genuine smile and I'm not surprised how he did that when he told us his level." Anastasia said.

"What level is he in?" Yuen question, even though he already knows. 

"Class S... just like you, Master Yuen." Andrei replied, one of the familiar of Emmanuel. "Actually, you and he is quite similar with each other. He is a class S and half-blood like you are, the only difference between you two is he is a wolf without a wolf within him. He embraces his familiar blood more than his wolf."

"Another Rare.. throughout the year's your number is increasingly going high." Keilan pointed out. 

RARE - that's what their kind call them. Yuen is a half-wolf/half-familiar with a power similar to a full familiar but his wolf emits the same power just as his other half and the person they're talking about is another Rare for being a wolf without the wolf within but harboring a familiar power in full, covering the absence of his wolf. 

Every half-blood is quite different from one another. For example, having a wolf father and familiar mother, the child should be a wolf as it is the more dominant gene but like what happened to the guy they are discussing about, the familiar blood is more powerful than the wolf, so he takes after his familiar blood but he is considered a wolf by his scent. 

"Did you know if he already belongs to someone?" Yuen asks Anastasia. 

"Yes, he already has someone.. a mistress by the name of Raylan."

"Raylan? I never heard that name before." Yuen said with a frown on his face. He remembers that name somehow but forgets where. 

"Of course you're not, because Raylan happens to be his younger sister and the youngest of the Henry's. "

"Are we dealing with another Nikolette here?" Kielan asks with a glee in his eyes. 

"Why do you need to drag my precious little sister in here?" Emmanuel asks with burrowed eyes. 

"Emmanuel, you're spoiling that little sister of yours too much... I will give you another 3 years and I will see you flanking your hair one by one." Anastasia said playfully. 

Nikolette is Emmanuel's only sibling and he is spoiling her too much to their liking. Yuen hopes that Emmanuel will see for himself to stop doing what he is doing because his action is not good for his sister. 

"Raylan Sophia Henry." Yuen whispered when he suddenly remembers why the name sound so familiar. "But that girl is a familiar, I never heard a familiar having a familiar of their own. "

"She is just like you the two of you. .. a Rare.. " Tamara said in an astounding voice. "Is being a Rare run in their blood?" 

"I don't think so because as what the detail we got to them, Raylan is an adopted child. So now, we already have two Rare new students. Can they be able to surprise us more?" Emmanuel smirk. 

Yuen only knows small details about Henry's. His father doesn't discuss them further and shares only what he deems is necessary which is quite intriguing because his father never kept something from him. 

"They're here." Zia whisper behind Yuen. Zia is Yuen's familiar who specializes in seeing a pattern of power that is used even if it is so faint and hardly recognizable. 

All of them turn towards the three Range Rovers that zoom their way until they reach the main entrance of the school. Students stop in their tracks to see the newcomers as well too.

The only sound Keon could hear is the soft beating of music that comes in the car stereo. They arrived last night and discuss something important before going to sleep but Dominick and Raylan arrive before the dawn breaks. 

After a minute's pass, the car came to halt. When Keon looks outside, a huge and massive building welcomes his eyes. 

They didn't disappoint. Everything is what they expect and that's coming from one of the most powerful cities in the world - The Empire of Dawn.