Chapter 2

Dazzling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," there was a nudge to his side and he groaned, shifting away from the nudge and getting comfortable with his new position. 

          He heard a sigh and felt another nudge, "Hey, wake up." 

          He only whined at the voice, extending his hand out and swatting blindly at whatever — or whoever — was nudging his side. He scooted even further while doing so and snuggled, trying to find the warmth and sighing contently when he did. He heard a sigh but he ignored it, trying his best to go back to his beauty sleep. 

          "Well," he heard the voice saying, "You left me no choice then." 

          Just as the voice said that, he toppled off whatever he was lying on and landed face first onto the ground. 

          There was a yell as he fell and when he collided with the ground, there were long low groans of pain emitting from his throat as he rolled onto his back and nursed his nose that had unfortunately crushed when he kissed the ground. His eyes were opened but all around him was still blurry and so he tried to focus his vision by blinking multiple times and rapidly, slowly but surely his world cleared. He looked around dazedly as he tried to regain himself, trying to remember what happened before this and trying to make sense of what was going on at the moment. 

          As his visions cleared, he found himself in a room that had walls and a ceiling painted in grey — a boring colour, everyone knows. There were two doors — one of the doors was in the upper left corner of the room from bird's eye view while the other one was along the wall the couch was against — and light was shining from behind his head so he looked back to find a window with black curtains drawn. There was a coffee table not too far from his face — he almost jumped back at how close his head almost collided with the edge of the table — and behind the coffee table there was a television hanging on the wall. 

          The ground was not carpeted which was why his fall was not cushioned and his nose hurt so badly. When he turned to the left to see what he had been sleeping on, he saw that it was a white cushion with a three person seating. The place where he fell off from was empty — as if nobody knew that already — but on the furthest end of the cushion, somebody sat with legs crossed and cheek resting against the knuckles of the elbow that was leaning on the armrest. 

          It was a male with a long face and sharp jawline, his eyes slanted in boredom and his eyebrows were thick — he couldn't tell whether the eyebrows were naturally thick or the person had applied cosmetics on them — eyebrows knitted and mouth down in a frown. The male's skin was slightly bronze — pale, but hints of bronze could be seen, especially when he was being shone on by the sunlight. The male had a lean body and long legs, wearing a white woollen shirt and a pair of ripped jeans along with a pair of fluffy socks to go along with his appearance. 

          He and the male stared at each other for a long time, none of them uttering a single word as they threw stares at one another. The tension in the room was just neutral — not too high until he could feel himself sweating profusely and suffocating under it, nor was it low enough that he won't feel nervous or at least awkward — as both of them looked into each other's dark eyes, waiting for one of them to make a move. None of them did and they just stayed like that, staring and admiring each other's otherwise familiar features. 

          Finally, it was the male on the couch that had broken the silence, "Finally decided to wake up?" 

          He blinked a few times before his face scrunched up into a scowl as he spat at the male on the couch, "What the Hell, Sehun? Can't you see I was sleeping?" 

          The male — or more like Sehun — quirked a brow as he pointed out, "Excuse me, Park Chanyeol, but I'm pretty sure we're here right now not because you want to sleep?"  

          He — Chanyeol — blinked a few times at Sehun as he tried to recall the reason he was here in this room with his junior friend. 

          Right, Sehun was having his semester test soon and he asked Chanyeol for help, which the older of course agreed on instantly without any hesitation. Chanyeol had told Sehun that he will teach him at their hideout — which was the room they're currently in — but when he arrived some time ago — how long had he been sleeping? — Sehun was not present so Chanyeol waited for the younger. Chanyeol waited and waited until eventually, he fell asleep and at some point during that time period Sehun had already arrived. 

          Chanyeol groaned long and low before getting up from the ground, stretching his body and popping some bones, "Sorry, let me just go and wash up then I'll help you with your semester test." 

          Sehun nodded and watched Chanyeol left for the bathroom to wash himself awake. The two's hideout was a room in an apartment a block away from their universities — and no, Sehun doesn't go to the same university as Chanyeol. The two knew each other because they were neighbours before Chanyeol graduated high school and had to move out for university, and then two years later Sehun followed but chose another university instead of going to the same one as Chanyeol. 

          Even though they were two years apart which meant Chanyeol had to deal with university life two years before Sehun did, they still made sure to keep in touch, constantly sending text messages to one another and sometimes making video calls. It's almost like they were a couple in a long distance relationship, only Sehun was no boyfriend to Chanyeol — Sehun said he was already in a relationship when he first met the older and Chanyeol had to question himself just why youngsters in the modern era are so quick in getting themselves boyfriends and girlfriends. Too bad that Chanyeol would never know the answer to his question. 

          Chanyeol wanted to become an interior designer and so went to a university that specialised in the Culture and Arts Department of Business Administration; Sehun on the other hand went to a university which specialised in performing arts — practical dances and music, stage arts and so on. When Sehun found a university that he wanted which was not too far from Chanyeol's university — about two blocks away — he didn't bat an eye in sending an application. After that, the two would then constantly meet each other on weekends. 

          At some point during their meetings, they came across an apartment and decided to check it out. They had found a few abandoned rooms and decided to make use of them, making sure the landlady knew nothing of two university students using one of her property's rooms as their 'base of operation'. The landlady was old but had a sharp memory, so the two tend to sneak into the apartment from the back or through the window — although rarely since it was dangerous — as to not get caught. 

          There was nothing to worry though so long as they don't use the electricity or Wi-Fi — they costs prices and they're not heartless enough to use the landlady like that. They may or may not use the water but that's it, making sure to sneak in some money for the landlady just in case of water bills. Then again, it wasn't like they were always at their hideout anyway, only on Saturdays since Chanyeol would be busy with his part-time job on Sundays. 

          Chanyeol entered the bathroom with shuffling legs, groaning tiredly as he the tap. Chanyeol proceeded to splash his face with cold water, washing away any sleep left in him before turning the tap off and drying his wet hands with his shirt. Chanyeol walked back into the room and went to sit on the couch once more, sinking down as he did. 

          "Alright," the elder looked to the younger, "What do you have problems with?" 

          And so on they went with Chanyeol teaching Sehun on subjects that the latter didn't know or couldn't understand. They had brought snacks with them to the hideout so they ate some chips while they discussed, opening a new bag of chips when the last one had ran out. Chanyeol didn't keep track on how much time had they spent just sitting there on the couch and eating snacks as they discussed among themselves — probably enough for his to become sore from sitting for too long. 

          From time to time however, Chanyeol would find his thoughts drifting off to someplace else while he was waiting for Sehun to jot down some notes or try out some questions. Chanyeol tend to find himself being brought back to reality by Sehun who would give him either a look of confusion or a look of worry, which the elder would reply with a smile and words of reassurance. They would then get right back on to where they left off. 

          "You're mooning again," the younger commented as he stared at Chanyeol, who was staring blankly into space. 

          Chanyeol didn't seem to hear him as he did not budge, causing Sehun to worry a little. 

          "Hey," the younger snapped his fingers in front of Chanyeol to gain his attention but to no avail. 

          "Hello?" Sehun tried again, waving his hand in front of Chanyeol's face before snapping his fingers in front of the older' eyes again. 

          There was still no reply from Chanyeol. 

          Sehun frowned and — with the end of his pen — he poked Chanyeol in the side. 

          Chanyeol instantly woke up at that, letting out a manly yelp — his voice was too deep to make a girly one — of pain as he landed on the cushion's armrest with a groan. Chanyeol had his hand to his side where Sehun had poked him, his eyes squeezed shut in pain. Chanyeol forced his eyes open just so he could shoot a glare at Sehun, who was by no means intimidated by it. 

          "I swear just what had my sides done to offend you?" Chanyeol hissed through gritted teeth, "Specifically my left side?" 

          Sehun ignored the remark as he pointed out to Chanyeol, "You got lost in your thoughts again." 

          Chanyeol almost bit his tongue off when he tried to stop himself from remarking back at Sehun, keeping quiet instead of saying anything. Chanyeol hadn't noticed that he had been trailing off course again and inside he was cursing himself for not being able to pay attention. Chanyeol really couldn't help it when he starts to think. 

          Sehun stared at Chanyeol who stayed quiet and asked carefully, "What were you thinking about?" 

          Chanyeol sighed, slumping onto the armrest but not saying anything at first. Silence wrapped them up in its blanket as Sehun waited patiently for Chanyeol to say something and the elder was grateful for the younger's patience. Chanyeol stared into space while Sehun stared at Chanyeol's body, waiting for a response. 

          Finally, Chanyeol told Sehun, "I had a dream." 

          Sehun nodded in acknowledgement at the statement, "Want to tell me about it?" 

          Chanyeol kept quiet for only a few seconds, "It was last night." 

          Sehun said nothing, encouraging Chanyeol to continue with what he wanted to say with the former's silence. 

          "I couldn't sleep nicely," the elder sighed, tiredness clearly showing in his eyes, "Had a terrible dream." 

          Sehun nodded but still said nothing. Although Chanyeol was suspending the main point and avoiding it as much as he could, Sehun knew it was because Chanyeol was not fully ready yet to tell the former about the dream. Sehun couldn't force Chanyeol to tell him either because that won't encourage the elder to do so, so the only thing the younger could do was wait patiently for Chanyeol to speak up. 

          Chanyeol got up into a sitting position though his posture was slumped, "I kept waking up to get a glass of water, but I wasn't able to go back to sleep." 

          "A few toss and turns didn't do," the elder sighed for the umpteenth time, "And even if I do manage to close my eyes, the dream would come back and haunt me and I'll end up waking up again." 

          Sehun nodded and decided to ask, "How long did you sleep last night?" 

          Chanyeol chuckled dryly, "I don't know, one hour maybe? Or maybe two. Was it half?" 

          Sehun frowned but nodded anyway, cautiously asking, "What was the dream about?" 

          Chanyeol didn't say anything at first, sitting there slumped with blank eyes and an unreadable expression. Sehun didn't know what to make of Chanyeol's silence, whether the elder was thinking or hesitating or something else completely. Sehun also wondered if he had said something wrong and cursed inwardly, wanting to tell Chanyeol that he didn't need to say anything if he still wasn't ready. 

          However, Sehun wasn't given that chance as Chanyeol told Sehun, "I dreamt about my death." 

          Sehun tensed, "What?" 

          Chanyeol nodded, "You heard me. I dreamt about myself dying." 

          There was a long eerie silence before Sehun decided to ask, albeit slowly and carefully, "How did you die?" 

          Chanyeol sighed, "I don't know. I didn't see." 

          Sehun didn't say anything as Chanyeol told him, "I was bloodied up all over and there was this guy with me. I suddenly hugged him and that's when I was attacked from behind." 

          Sehun swallowed down a lump in his throat as he managed out in a croak, "You didn't see the culprit?" 

          Sehun flinched at the exasperated sigh from Chanyeol, "I thought I already said that?" 

          "Sorry," the younger lowered his head, feeling ashamed of asking Chanyeol such a question even though the elder had already made his statement clear. 

          Chanyeol looked over at Sehun and immediately felt guilty for snapping at the younger, daring to reach out with one hand but stopped abruptly in fear that Sehun was mad at him for being cranky with the younger. 

          "Sorry," the elder said instead, his voice tired as he slowly pulled back his hand and run it through his dark hair, "I didn't mean to snap at you, I just-" 

          "It's okay," the younger cut the elder off, looking up at the elder with an understanding smile and a pair of knowing eyes, "I understand and I don't blame you." 

          Chanyeol stared at Sehun as the younger went on, "You were having a terrible dream the night before, anyone would've acted the way you would. Especially since it's about your death and this had been happening for as long as you coul remember already." 

          "So, don't worry, Chanyeol," the younger said to Chanyeol as he rested his palm on the latter's shoulder, "I don't blame you for snapping at me. We could call it a day for now and you could go back to your dorm and have a proper sleep." 

          Chanyeol frowned and objected, "But, your tests!" 

          Sehun shook his head the grinned, "I'll think of a way to settle the problem. For now, focus on your own health." 

          Sehun stood up and extended a hand out, "Come on, the quicker you are on getting out of here and back to your bed, the faster I get to see my boyfriend." 

          Chanyeol had to laugh, clasping his hand with Sehun's and letting the younger pull him up to his feet and off the couch, "Alright, alright. Sheesh! You should be more worried about your grades." 

          Sehun poked his tongue out, "Who cares about grades? This is uni!" 

          Chanyeol failed to land home on Sehun's chest since the latter dodged before the former could. 

          The two parted ways after getting out of their hideout and when Chanyeol arrived back to his dorm, he fell face first onto the couch and fell asleep very quickly. 

 

 

 

          "Talk to me," the boy whined with pouted lips and puppy like eyes that was shining to garner sympathy from him, cheeks puffed and placed on his two curled hands with the elbows resting on his knees as he stared at the younger but taller boy. 

          He looked to the boy — shorter in height but older by age, if only by a few months — with a frown, "I got nothing to talk to you about." 

          He turned his attention back to the task at hand — which was actually just picking out some grass, not an actual task but just something he tried to do to avoid the boy — and the boy whined even louder, "Please! I'm so bored right here and you're ignoring me and I really really want to talk like so badly!" 

          It took everything in him to not pounce on the boy and strangle him to death right then and there, taking in a deep breath and looking over to the boy with a pair of stern eyes as he said curtly, "No." 

          The boy seemed to shut up at that and he looked back to the grass with a hidden smirk, plucking at the green blades again and ignoring the boy. He heard the boy huffing and the grass crunching below the boy's feet, but he ignored them as he continued to pull the grass out. He should have paid more attention because out of the blue, a weight was on him and pushing him forward to the ground. 

          He let out a yell as he fell forward and landed face first into the grass, the grass bending underneath his weight. Luckily for him, his nose was still in tact and wasn't broken while his mouth was closed shut, preventing any grass or dirt from getting into his mouth during his fall. Although, he can't breathe with the grass sticking up his nostrils and tickling his lips. 

          A groan emitted from his throat as he lifted his head up, feeling pain all over his face even though there was no bruises or cuts on them. He heard a giggle from above him and a weight moving, and he let out squeaks as he felt the weight moving from his whole back to just the midsection of his back. There was another giggle and he slowly looked back. 

          He swore that he almost cussed when he saw the person on his back and he would have murdered said person right at that moment if he wasn't sitting on his back and pinning him down to the ground. The culprit was no other than the boy, his short hair tied into a bun with a green string which went along with his mostly green outfit. For some reason, the boy's eyes were blurred out but he could imagine the mischief glinting in his eyes as his thin lips pulled up into a smirk. 

          He let out a growl before barking, "Get off of me!" 

          He wiggled under the boy but to no avail, hearing a snicker as the boy asked, "Do you really think you can get off of me so easily?" 

          He felt his sides being pressed and he tensed, not moving anymore which earned an amused chuckle from the boy above him. 

          "What?" The boy asked with a head tilt, his head leaning forward to his ear and whispering, "You don't want to try and get me off of you anymore?" 

          That was his chance, the boy was leaning forward and his weight was spread out evenly now instead of just one spot. He placed his palms fully on the grass and with a heave, straightened his arm and shot upwards. The sudden movement caused the boy to topple off of him with a squeal, landing on the ground beside him. 

          Now it was the boy's turn to be pinned to the ground, a weight on his stomach which forced a lungful of air to escape his mouth. The boy looked up and scowled at him who was sitting on top of the boy with an evil grin on his face. The boy wiggled underneath him but just like what the boy did to him, he squeezed the boy's side with his legs and instantly the boy stopped moving. 

          He raised a brow at the boy and mocked, "What? You don't want to try and me off of you anymore?" 

          He wasn't stupid enough to lean over the boy and whisper into his ear like the latter did, keeping his distance and making sure his weight was concentrated instead of spread out. The boy huffed at the statement, a new found energy to get him off of his body coursing through him as he wiggled again. The boy tried to be a bit more forceful than before and he was honestly surprised by how much strength there was in that petite body of the boy's. 

          However, as admirable as it was of the boy with such an amount of strength, no amount of it could get a weight like his off of the boy's body. If the boy wanted his chance, he needed him to have his weight spread out. That way it makes the job easier since the boy could easily push the whole weight off from his body instead of that one part only. 

          He watched the boy struggled for another few more seconds before the latter finally gave up, slumping onto the ground with eyes glaring back at his. He only gave the boy a smirk and he could see the boy's temper flaring from his eyes. He had to hold back his laugh — this boy was so immature and he can't believe that he's the younger one. 

          After a long while of silence, the boy demanded, "Get off of me." 
          He gave a thoughtful hum to the boy, "Let me think- no." 
          The boy squinted and shot his arms out, looking ready to claw his face off with his otherwise rather short nails. However, the sudden movement caught him off guard and he leaned back, giving the boy the opportunity he needed to get him off of his body. With a huff, the boy jerked upwards and he rolled away from the boy, lying on his back. 

          He was quick to regain himself so the boy won't take advantage of his vulnerable state on the grass, looking back at the boy who was grinning victoriously at him. He felt his anger boiling in him, but he took a few deep breaths and managed to calm down before he does something stupid. He stared back at the grinning boy with a blank expression, not wanting to show the boy that he was affected by the sudden change. 

          "You're annoying," he instead spat, lamely of course.

          The boy's grin only seemed to widen even more at that, "And you're being difficult." 

          He huffed and got up, dusting himself off before turning around and making his way to the direction of his town. The boy noticed this and frowned, quickly getting up himself and not bothering with the dirt, dust and grass on his robe as he rushed after him. The boy's hair was tousled and his bun was falling, but he didn't care as he tried to catch up with him. 

          "Wait," the boy squeaked out, "Where are you going?" 

          "Back home," he said through gritted teeth, his feet stomping roughly on the ground and eyes only blurred so slightly by the strands of loose hair in his face. 

          The boy was taken aback by his bluntness and answer, "But why? You just came here!" 

          He scoffed, "I've been here for quite a while already. You're the one who just arrived." 

          The place that the two children were at was the same place that their mothers had brought them to a few months ago, meeting one another at this very place. It had became a common place for the both of them, actually. For him, it oversees the town where he lives; as for the boy, it was a few minutes walk straight from his village, making this place not far from his own place. 

          It was not common, however, for both of them to be coming across each other's paths at the same place at the same time. He tend to come here to either spend his free time bathing under the sun or away from his mother after an argument or a fight to clear off some steam. He didn't know what business did the boy had with this place but he could barely bother, really. 

          That day, he had came to this place after being given some free time from his work at his mother's place. His mother worked as a merchant and their shop tend to be very busy with customers buying food, clothes and other everyday needed objects. It was free time now and his mother allowed him to do whatever he wanted, so he came here to relax. 

          It had been peaceful for probably about half an hour, until he heard the crunching sound of the grass. He had looked to see what the sound was only to have himself scared to death when the boy jumped out from nowhere and spooked him. That prank had immediately put him into a bad mood and so there they were, him not bothering about the boy even though his whines were annoying and he wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face. 

          The boy whined, "Why don't you want to talk to me? Did I do something wrong to make you hate me?" 

          He halted and turned abruptly to the boy, who ran right into his chest — the boy was just short like that, or he was just too tall for anyone's own good, "You freaking spooked me! And for no good reason." 

          The boy pouted, "Can't you take a joke?" 

          His glare had the boy shrinking back, "Are you really that mad because of it?"

          He didn't answer immediately and the boy asked, "If you don't want me to do that then I won't do it again. Just please, talk to me? Please don't hate me." 

          The boy's weak and pathetic voice had him melting inside, his gaze softening and his shoulders which were tensed slumped. He didn't know why he was so mad at the boy anyway in the first place — it was just a harmless joke, it wasn't like he would get a heart attack from that scare. He suddenly started to feel guilty about being so harsh with the boy. 

          "I," he sighed out, a hand scratching the back of his head, "I don't hate you." 

          The boy looked up as he asked, "Really?" 

          He nodded and the boy seemed to relax, if only a little. 

          "I won't do that again," the boy told him, "If you don't like it, then I won't do it again. I swear!" 

          He felt his cheeks heating up and he stuttered out, "I-It's fine. Really, I was just overreacting just now." 

          The boy shook his head, "I scared you and you have every right to not like that. I won't do it again." 

          He knew the boy wouldn't listen no matter how much he protests, so he just sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Do whatever you want." 

          The boy flashed him a smile and he felt his heart skipping a beat, "Okay!" 

          He grinned to himself unconsciously, "Great!" 

          They stood there as silence befell them, slowly feeling the awkwardness of the sudden silence building up around them. It was suffocating but none of them knew what they were supposed to do or say to each other. So there they stood, looking away from each other and waiting for the other to say something to break the silence. 

          Finally, it was the boy who spoke, "Anything interesting happened to you today?" 

          He shook his head, "No, you?" 

          The boy shook his head too, "Me neither." 

          Silence again. 

          "Want to play?" The boy asked and he grinned. 

          "Better than nothing." 

          They settled on playing hide and seek, hiding behind and in the trees around them and sometimes down the slope at the surrounding forest. They made sure not to go far as to not let the person hiding be left behind because the seeker thought they had left. They played until they got bored of the game and played another. 

          They decided to chase each other after that, running around the area as squeals and screams tore out from their throats. There was laughter floating about in the air as they ran as fast as lightning, their hair being brushed back because of the wind rushing pass them. They would sometimes tackle each other to the ground and roll around on the grass, laughing uncontrollably. 

          They didn't plan on stopping their games until the sun started to set, forcing them to halt their playing. It had been the boy who pointed out the setting sun but even though so he wasn't happy that he had to leave so soon. He was just as unhappy as the boy was and he wished that he could play just a bit longer with the boy. 

          "When can I see you again?" The boy asked and he thought. 

          "I don't know," he suddenly perked up at a thought, "Wait, I know! We can come here tomorrow, and we can play some more after that!" 

          The boy liked the idea, smiling brightly, "Okay then!" 

          "So, see you around?" He asked unsurely and the boy grinned. 

          "Sure!" 

          He smiled back at the boy, "Great! Well, I got to go now. See ya!" 

          He jogged down the slope and the boy followed with a wave, "See you tomorrow!" 

          He waved back at the boy as they parted ways, heading to their own respective villages. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt a tugging feeling in the pit of his stomach as he was placing a plate of strawberry shortcake down on the table in front of a customer. Chanyeol heard the customer thanking and he said his own welcome, straightening his back and looking around the cafe. Chanyeol didn't know what had prompted him to find whatever he was trying to find, but it just did. 

         After a few more swipes around the cafe, Chanyeol saw the cause of the feeling in his guts. There the male was again, the customer that had came the other day and sat in the corner near the window. The customer was at the same spot like the other day, his blonde hair shining off the glow of the afternoon's sun with his thin lips pressed into a line and his eyes looked down at the menu in hand. 

          Chanyeol didn't know why his heart was thumping so fast and harshly against his ribcage and was also confused at the weird twisting feeling in his stomach. Chanyeol felt like puking up but at the same time he didn't feel sick, probably a bit light headed but not sick. Chanyeol frowned at the feeling and tried to push it to one side as he made his way towards the customer. 

          "Hello again," the waiter smiled at the customer who looked up when the latter heard the former's voice, "Have you decided on what you want to eat-" 

          What was his name again? 

          "-Baekhyun?" Chanyeol was surprised at the name that suddenly rolled out of his tongue and the customer himself seemed surprised by it too. 

          Chanyeol opened his mouth to apologise but instead the customer asked, "You remember my name?" 

          Chanyeol looked at the customer — Baekhyun, Chanyeol remembered the customer's name to be — and saw something in his eyes, but he could not tell what kind of emotion was that he saw. 

          Chanyeol slowly nodded, "Yeah, I remembered, apparently." 

          Chanyeol cringed inwardly at his comment — how smooth, Chanyeol, how smooth. 

          Baekhyun however seemed amused by the comment, the corner of his lips quirking upwards as he noted, "Interesting, I didn't expect you to remember." 

          Chanyeol took that as his cue to change the topic, "So, what would you like to have?" 

          "Right," the customer looked back to the menu before showing Chanyeol one of the food names that he was pointing at, "This one, please?" 

          Chanyeol leaned in to see the name of the dish, "Jajangmyeon, again?" 

          Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, "I like the one this cafe made, it tastes different from the others." 

          Chanyeol didn't know why he felt flattered by the comment, writing down the dish as he asked, "Anything else?" 

          Baekhyun hummed and flipped through a few pages, pointing out to Chanyeol again, "How about Miso soup to go along with it?" 

          Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun from under his eyebrows and the customer shifted in his seat awkwardly, "I-I just felt like drinking it, okay?" 

          Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief when Chanyeol only hummed at the comment and wrote down the code number for the dish, "Are there anything else you would like to call aside from these two? How about drinks?" 

          Chanyeol watched Baekhyun flipped though some more pages before the latter shook his head, "Nah, no more food. I'll have a simple apple juice if that's okay?" 

          Baekhyun watched Chanyeol nodding and writing down the last of his order, taking the menu from his hand as he said, "Your order will be served shortly." 

          With that, Chanyeol left Baekhyun's table to place the order. 

          As usual, Chanyeol stood at the counter beside Yixing as he waited for the chefs to be done with Baekhyun's order. There were more customers in the cafe that day compared to other days, considering it was a Saturday. Even so, there were enough waiters and waitresses to tend to the customers, so even if Chanyeol wanted to tend to one of them there will be a waiter there before him. 

          As Chanyeol stood behind Yixing's rolling chair and played with its flexible backrest, he watched Baekhyun's movements. Chanyeol didn't know why he was paying so much attention to Baekhyun, he just was. A part of Chanyeol knew that this weird staring of his could be considered as being a stalker, but he just couldn't help himself from looking — if you can call it that — at Baekhyun. 

          Baekhyun's dyed blonde hair and pale skin glowed under the sunlight, making the colour shine ever so dazzlingly. Baekhyun's lips were in a thin smile as he looked at something on his phone, his delicate hands covering his mouth when he chuckles at something. Baekhyun's eyes were slanted but would turn into crescent shapes whenever he smiles, orbs sparkling with emotions. 

          Chanyeol found his breath being taken away from the sight of Baekhyun's beauty, his heart pounding and ears drumming. It was weird that Baekhyun looked so pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter