d-2

those watery eyes, those trembling fingers

Eunbi unnie's should be easy to write, and so it should be for Yewon too because I've written to her before, Eunbi thinks.

As expected, she finishes the two letters within a third of an hour. 

Eunbi looks out of her bedroom window and watches as the small drizzle intensifies. Soon, she can hear the tapping of heavy raindrops by her window pane.

Her heart aches as she takes out another piece of paper. Her wobbling fingers try to grip onto the pencil as she starts to write.

To my dearest Yuna unnie

You might have been confused for a while. I'm sorry for that. Eunbi unnie and Yewon had known, so I'm sorry to leave you in the dark.

I really like you. I really, really like you. A lot. More than you'll ever imagine. But I never accepted my feelings. I never accepted the fact that my heartbeat would race, that my spirits would automatically be lifted up whenever I saw you. I don't react this way anymore because I'm used to it, but just seeing you still fills me with so much happiness I just want to be with you for the rest of my life. I'm sorry for not saying this ever, but I really wish you could always be by my side.

But that's not going to happen. I'm sorry.

I'm going away. I never knew how to tell you. My family has to move back to Cheongju because my grandmother's health has greatly worsened. They fear she'll be gone anytime. You know right? That she's been immobile for a while.

I'll try my best to come and find you in the holidays. I promise. I'll really miss you. You mean so much to me, Yuna unnie...

You mean everything to me.

I love you.

I'm sorry I never said this because I didn't know if you'd love me back. I wasn't prepared for rejection. But at this point of time, none of that matters.

Hwang Eunbi

Eunbi turns to the mirror beside her table, and sees her watery eyes, her trembling fingers losing hold of the pencil.

 

this chapter was hardest to write

it's 00.48am here in sg and if you're reading this right now, i added a few words to the description in light of certain plot amendments