d-5

those watery eyes, those trembling fingers

"Morning, sleepyhead," Yuna says when Eunbi finally lifts her head up from the table. The girls are gathered at the table in the canteen as every morning, and as usual, Eunbi has been taking her usual nap that she must take whenever she reaches the table first. 

Eunbi smiles as soon as she hears that despite her eyes being still half-closed. "Morning, unnie," she gleefully chirps in return. 

"When you differentiate this, you get this one on the right," Eunbi turns to see the other Eunbi, helping Yewon with her work.

"Isn't that due today?" Eunbi asks, narrowing her eyes.

"Shush! You know how bad I am at calculus," Yewon hurries a reply before her attention is reverted back to the tutorial. "Unlike you!"

"Yeah! Since you're so good at math what don't you teach her instead!" Jung Eunbi points at Hwang Eunbi.

"Me? You're the senior here!" Eunbi protests.

"Doesn't mean I understand it well," Jung Eunbi huffs.

Yuna chuckles at their antics. "Five days to the summer holidays and we don't have to bother about due dates anymore," she casually adds the comment.

Eunbi freezes. "Five days," she mutters.

"Aren't you excited?" Yuna laughs at Eunbi's response, confused, her chin still resting in her hands.

The older Eunbi suddenly stops moving the pencil in her hand. Yewon slowly clicks her pen.

"Uh, yeah! Excited," Eunbi pushes the sides of her lips into a forced smile, though her heart was aching inside her.

"Yuna yah, we gotta go," Yuna's classmate, Chaeyeon, walks by the table and taps her on the shoulder. "First lesson is Ms Kim's," she states.

"Oh right!" Yuna exclaims and gathers her belongings. "Let's go," she says to Chaeyeon while standing up, "Bye guys!" and waves to the three girls still seated. Jung Eunbi and Yewon wave back, while Eunbi tries hard to maintain the smile on her face.

Eunbi's smile immediately fades when Yuna leaves the table, her sad eyes laying upon the back of the taller girl.

"You haven't told her, have you?" Jung Eunbi asks, grimacing.

Eunbi sighs.

"It's five days away and you haven't told her," Yewon disapprovingly states.

Eunbi bites her lips and frowns. "We all know I can't!" she admits amidst the frustration, "Why don't the two of you tell her?"

"We would, but at first you said it was better for you to say it yourself and we can't agree more, especially right now," Jung Eunbi reasons.

"You can't believe that you're leaving her, can you?" Yewon says.

Eunbi feels her heart drop inside her. 

 

welp this feels like a race with time i'm chionging this