d-3

those watery eyes, those trembling fingers

"You're not sleeping today," Eunbi jolts out of her thoughts upon Jung Eunbi's statement.

"Unnie you're here?" she asks, looking at the older girl as she puts her bag down and takes a seat across her.

"Yeah," Jung Eunbi replies, "I see you're daydreaming instead of actually going to dreamland?"

Eunbi cringes, "What kind of sarcasm?", to which she earns a glare.

"Let me guess, you were thinking about our Yuna," Jung Eunbi says, "or to be correct, your Yuna unnie."

"Shut up," she hisses in reply.

"You're never so rude when she's around," Jung Eunbi says and chuckles, in the cute way that tiny girl does.

"That's because she's not mean to me like you and Yewon are!" Eunbi defends herself.

"I'm not mean!" Yewon says with annoyance in her tone as she walks over.

"Well hi," Eunbi dryly says. Jung Eunbi laughs and waves.

"So, have you thought of breaking the news to your Yuna unnie?" Jung Eunbi asks while Yewon is settling down.

Eunbi narrows her eyes at the way she mentions Yuna, but sighs and replies anyway, "I might write a letter. I'll pass it to her on Friday," she mutters.

"A letter?" both Yewon and Jung Eunbi respond at the same time.

"Why would you do that? Won't it be too sudden?" Yewon asks, slightly disagreeing.

"I mean, I would probably write to the both of you too and give it to all three of you, and say it's for surviving the semester I guess," Eunbi shrugs, having everything thought out.

"But you've never done that!" Jung Eunbi replies with widened eyes.

"Well, she did it to me last year after the school year ended," Yewon giggles.

"Yeah, because I saw you dying in stress," Eunbi plainly replies.

Yewon frowns for a moment before laughing along the other two. 

"Speaking of which, why isn't she here yet?" Jung Eunbi asks. The two eleventh-graders shrug their shoulders.

"I'm going to the toilet," Eunbi states and turns to leave the table. 

"She doesn't know yet, does she?" Jung Eunbi asks as they watch her walk away.

"No, Yuna unnie hasn't been brave with her own feelings either," Yewon shakes her head.

"That, we know," Jung Eunbi sighs, "They're both cowards."

"Who are cowards?" they turn in shock to see Yuna by the side of the table.

"When did you get here!" Jung Eunbi asks with a little fright and surprise.

"Just," Yuna answers, albeit confused.