d-4

those watery eyes, those trembling fingers

Tuesday. Tuesday means morning assembly for the whole school. Morning assembly means Yuna's class is right beside her class-

"Oh shoot," Eunbi's thoughts halt. She doesn't want to see Yuna for a whole assembly session! She doesn't want to feel that heartache for fourty minutes straight.

"Anything the matter?" Yuna asks. Speak of the devil, Eunbi thinks and sighs.

"No, nothing," Eunbi answers with an expression that lies. She wonders if she's getting any better at her fake smiles.

"You're not getting any better, Eunbi yah," Yewon whispers in her ear, to which she almost jumps in shock. 

"Yahh! Do you read minds?" Eunbi almost yells.

"Maybe I do," Yewon chuckles.

Yuna furrows her eyebrows at the eleventh-graders, amused.

"Has the bell not rung yet!" twelth-grade Eunbi runs over to the table and plops her bag on it. She pants and presses her hands on the table, leaning to rest.

"It hasn't," Eunbi shakes her head.

"What happened, unnie?" Yewon asks.

"There," she breathes heavily, "There was an accident at the usual crossing I took and they cordoned it off," she takes a breath, "I had to take a detour."

The word detour causes Eunbi's senses to shut off for a while, because detouring was exactly what she thought of before. She hasn't even told Yuna the one important thing yet, but she's convinced she isn't ready (Yewon says she's just hiding from the fact. Eunbi hates it that Yewon knows everything.), and she'd need to take a detour with her feelings. She'll tell her when she returns, that was Eunbi's conclusion. She'll definitely return somehow. She has to, she can't live without seeing Yuna anyway, she thinks.

"Hwangbi, let's go," Jung Eunbi calls her out of her thoughts. Yuna drags her along as they make their way to the school hall. Eunbi had to resist the urge to flinch upon the contact.

Amidst the crowd Yuna lets go of Eunbi's hand. Relieved but saddened at the same time, she releases a sigh of mixed emotions.

"You can't tell her when you return, that might be too late," Yewon says from beside her.

For the second time that morning, Eunbi almost jumps. "Stop doing that! Stop reading my mind!"

Yewon only giggles.