Yes, No Question

The Ferris Wheel

Chapter 30 – Yes, No Question.


So close to her, she was leaning closer and closer to Yoona by seconds. This couldn’t be happening. She might lose it, for real…

Her lightly closed eyes…

Her pretty nose…

Her lips… her luscious lips…

Everything about this girl made Yoona go insane only in the matter of seconds, her mind was telling her to pull away immediately but her body refused to listen. Then again, when had her body ever complied with her mind’s order? She wasn’t that good when it came to controlling, if she was then her life wouldn’t be such a mess now.

As Yoona felt the latter’s hot breath on her nose, she knew that this was her last chance, if she didn’t back out then there was no turning back.

“Yul!! We can’t do this.” Yoona pressed her hand against Yuri’s shoulder after succeeding in gathering every bit of her courage.

“Stop fighting Yoong, I know you want this. Just like I do.” Yuri whispered the last part huskily while leaning in closer.

“No, no this isn’t right. In case you forget, I’m asking your sister out. Not actually dating but we’re getting to know each other and you have Gyuri too… I just can’t do this…”

“I didn’t forget… but I want to. About them, about Tiffany, about the past, everything so that I can be with you. I just want to be with you…”

“You-”

“I love you…”

And as usual, their lips met which also marked as Yoona’s limit. Yuri kissed her and she passionately kissed back even more roughly than the one who started the kiss, which could easily cause some misunderstanding that she pretended to fight back earlier. She couldn’t fight this because she knew herself wanted this more than ever. She was exactly the same as Yuri, wanting to forget everything and just be together.

“Yoong…”

A trembling voice calling behind her back pulled Yoona back to reality. She quickly pulled away from the kiss and turned around to see her best friend standing at the doorway with tears rolling down her cheeks.

She promised that she would forget Yuri and move on. She promised that she would never hurt her best friend. She promised that she would never make her cry. And look where they are now…

“Sica… please let me explain…” Yoona called after her best friend… as usual.

“I don’t want to see your face ever again… Ever…”


“Sica, no… Jessica!!!” Yoona shot up in her bed, her brown locks matted to her forehead because of sweat.

A dream, of course it was a dream. That was an easy guess.

It was the same freaking dream, over and over again to every small detail, every line.

“Aishhhh!!!” Yoona shouted out loud as she ruffled her already messed hair before throwing herself back on the bed again. If this went on, Yoona was afraid that she couldn’t dare to close her eyes and sleep anymore.

How long had it been? Five days? Five days ever since the day Yoona asked Jessica out. And she had this freaking nightmare every single night.

Yoona believed that she had a disease, a serious, deadly disease which she always dreamt repeated dreams about things related to Kwon Yuri. First it was the bathroom and now this. Not to mention… why does it always involve kissing scene by the way?

There were times that she had a feeling that she was dreaming, the Yuri she knew couldn’t be this aggressive in reality, couldn’t be so thoughtless. However, as unreal as the dream was, Yoona still felt guilty toward her best friend. She just couldn’t believe in the fact that she actually dreamt about cheating on Jessica... with Yuri. Gosh… she must be insane.

That was why in reality, she told herself constantly to have her eyes on Jessica and Jessica only. She wasn’t allowed to look sideway, not for even one second, only Jessica. They always said that if you were thinking about something constantly by day, you would dream about it at night. Even though she didn’t even have the nerve to think about cheating on Jessica, let alone the nerve to actually doing it, she still dreamt about it. It wasn’t that she could control what she dreamt at night right?

Maybe she wasn’t treating Jessica well enough. Yoona must try harder. This nightmare was like a reminder. She couldn’t, wouldn’t hurt another girl by cheating on her again. On purpose or not. Especially this was her best friend.

Glancing at the clock on her nightstand, it was about time for her to wake up too. Time is needed when she had to wake the sleepyhead next door up.

Yoona got off her bed and went to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror after done giving her face a few splash with cold water, “Okay… Im Yoona, let’s get ready for work.”

&&&&&&

STS – Cruise Sales And Reservations Department – Lunch time

“Onew-yah, please help me fill out these files. I really need these before the meeting at 2 pm.” Yuri asked as she handed the files to Onew.

“Alright, I’ll get them done and leave on your desk before one.” Onew confidently answered.

“Thanks tons.”

Two days ago, Sooyoung was back as the CEO of STS. As Siwon stepped down from the position, he also dragged along Seohyun to help him with his father business of real estate. Everything was back to normal. Before Yuri could return to her own office, the sound of Luna’s rushed footsteps caught her attention.

“Yah, yah, gather round. Big news, I just heard some big news.” Luna shouted loudly to get attention of everyone who was presented at the office.

“What is it?” Minho was the first to ask.

“Yoona and her PA are going resign at the end of this month.” Luna announced assuredly.

“Really? Where did you get that?” Tiffany said surprised.

“Earlier, I went to Sooyoung’s office because of some files that needed to be signed then I overheard them talking inside.” Luna said.

“Did you hear why they wanted to do that?” Minho asked for more information. As little as Luna offered, didn’t satisfy his curiosity.

“No, I didn’t but I don’t think it’s a sudden suggestion though because from what I heard Yoona and Jessica have been working their off the last few weeks to finish every project in their hands. Sooyoung even said thanks for their contribution. I believe that our boss’s gonna announce their leaves officially soon.” Luna added.

Yuri stood still, slowly taking in the information she just heard. So… her sister and Yoona were going to quit.

“Th-” Minho cut short his question as he saw the two main characters of their story was making their way here. The crowd was quickly dispersed as everyone was back to their position.

As soon as Yoona and Jessica stepped into the office, they looked at each other as both can sense the unusual atmosphere here. Everyone was so focused on their work, well, that would be an ordinary scene at the other workplaces but definitely not STS especially not this department. 

Even though sensing something strange was going on in the office, Yoona and Jessica just shrugged it off.

“Icy-ah, I think you should buy a lottery today.” Yoona said as both of them entered her office.

“Why? You know that I was never into those things.” Jessica asked.

“Well, because it’s most likely you’ll win one since earlier I saw Luna was sitting at her own desk, typing on her own computer and not over someone else’s place gossip about the other side of the world.” Yoona added with a chuckle.

Jessica followed with a hearty laugh, “I think I get what you mean. I guess there’s only one possibility for these odd behaviors.”

“What is?”

“That she is talking about us. Or maybe one of us.” Jessica confidently claimed.

“How do you know that?” A surprised Yoona asked.

“Because the last time I saw her talking behind Tiffany’s back and then the latter suddenly walked in, she acted the same freaky way.”

That got Yoona to burst into laughter. However her laughter soon ended with a long sigh, “Ah… I think I’m gonna miss them.”

“I know, me too… Ah, you said that you’ll visit your dad later?”

Yoona nodded, “Uhm yeah, it’s been a while...”

“I have always wondered… I remember you said that one of many reasons you accept this job is because you can control your schedule and make more time for him or even move in together. Why-”

“Icy-ah, don’t tell me you already forget the reason why Gyuri got to know Yuri?” Yoona said tiredly.

“Oh…” 

“Anyway… do you want to come with me?”

Jessica shook her head, “Nah… you two haven’t seen each other in a long time. I should leave guys some quality time alone.”

“Then pray for me, hope I can return in one piece.”

Jessica wondered if she should take what Yoona just said seriously or just as a joke. “So… I guess I’ll be home alone again.”

“Alone? Where is Taeyeon?”

“She just texted me saying that she won’t be home, going out with Tiffany, probably staying over at her place too.” 

Yoona laughed, “She sticks to that eye-smile girl as if the latter was her next breath. I can’t believe it. Wait, that means there’ll only be two of us at home tonight.”

“Yeah, that’s true. So?”

“How about… I’ll make dinner for you?” Yoona asked with a grin.

Jessica blushed at the suggestion and then shyly nodded. It wasn’t that strange when Yoona had to cook if there were only two of them at home because of the well-known fact: Jessica Jung couldn’t cook. But the thing was the two words ‘for you’ had made her day. She knew that she was being silly but she couldn’t help it. Just one word from Yoona is enough to set her heart go wild in her chest already.

“Uh… I’ll wait for you at home then.” Jessica said as her cheeks were still tinted red.

Yoona couldn’t hold back a chuckle as she said, “Shouldn’t it be outside? We still have work to do before going home you know?”

Now even redder, “Uh, yeah… that’s what I mean.” Jessica quickly zoomed out of Yoona’s office before too embarrassed to do so.

As Jessica sat down in her seat, the phone in her pocket vibrated saying she had a text message coming.

From: Kwon Yuri

‘I left the lunchbox on your desk. There’s kimbab and kimchi. You should eat more healthy food, you’re getting thinner these days.

P.s: Don’t worry, there’s no cucumber.


Jessica closed her phone and looked at the brown lunchbox on her desk. Every day, she received at least three messages from Yuri however she didn’t reply even once. If it wasn’t about telling her to wear more warm clothes then it was about her had to eat more. Jessica wasn’t heartless, she knew that Yuri truly cared for her as a sister. She was just too stubborn to open her heart and let her sister in.

Slowly, Jessica opened the lunchbox Yuri prepared for her. The kimbab was nicely put in lines showing how many efforts Yuri put in to make this. Hesitated at first, Jessica finally take one kimbab and put in .

“Well, it’s good...”

&&&&&&

Seoul Elderly Care

“Yah… you look thinner and thinner every time I see you Yuri-yah. Did you eat well?” Yong appa asked as both of them were sitting on the familiar bench. Worries could be heard in his voice.

“I’m eating like a pig these days, don’t worry…” Yuri tried to joke.

“Alright… if that’s what you say.” Yong appa fell back a bit to rest his back against the tree behind. “Ah~~, I wonder when I can see my daughter Yuri again?” He suddenly said after minutes of staying silent.

That statement definitely caught Yuri off guard, “What are you saying? I’m right here beside you…” 

“No… your name is Yuri. But you’re not the one who used to call me Yong appa every time she came here.” Yong appa said with his eyes closed.

Yuri stayed silent because she knew that Yong appa always had a reason behind every word he said. She must be doing something wrong again…

“Every time she saw me she always greeted me with a bright smile no matter how bad her mood is. But what I miss the most is… her stories. She used to tell me everything happened in her daily life, from the funniest to the saddest one. But recently, I didn’t see her around anymore.” Eyes still closed, Yong appa let out a sigh.

Now Yuri started to sob in silence, she didn’t know why but Yong appa’s words always affected her this much. They could reach to the bottom of her heart, remove the happy mask which she used to fool people around her.

“You’re sad, Yuri-yah, always sad. There’re something bothering you, I can obviously see that but you didn’t talk to me. You don’t see me as your Yong appa anymore?” Even though he could faintly hear small sobbing besides yet Yong appa’s eyes refused to open. Probably he wanted his daughter to have her own space.

Yuri lowered her head as tears were flowing down her cheeks at this point. It was the feeling you have when you disappointed your own parents, your most respectful person, making them sad or worry about you. Every time they met, how badly she wanted to tell Yong appa everything happened in her life but she couldn’t. Everything was at the tip of her tongue but after another round of thinking, she held back whatever she was going to say inside.

“Yuri-yah… do you want to play a game with me? 20 questions?” Yong appa suddenly suggested.

As a reflex, Yuri nodded but as soon as she remembered Yong appa’s eyes still closed she spoke, “Yes…”

“Okay… first question. You’re sad because of that rascal of mine right?” Yong appa went straight to the point.

After minutes of staying silent, in a small voice, Yuri answered, “Yes…” She looked up to watch Yong appa’s expression but all she could see was a composed one. “Uhm… Are you mad at me?”

Yong appa chuckled, “No… of course not. You’re not telling me anything because you’re afraid that our relationship will get worse. True?”

Again, in a small voice, “Yes... Do you think that I’m being silly? I should’ve told you everything instead.”

At this question, Yong appa sat back up as he opened his eyes and made eye contact with Yuri. “Yes...” A strong and resolute answer.

Yong appa placed one hand on Yuri’s shoulder, squeezing it, “In this elderly care, out of everyone else, you talk to me the most, spend time with me the most. I treat you like my own daughter and you also see me as your father. Our bond is very special, Yuri-yah. I want to treasure that. No matter what happens, if you still call me ‘Yong appa’ then I want everything to remain the same. Everything…”

“Yong appa…” Yong appa’s sincerity words definitely touched Yuri’s heart. And as a result, the girl was crying uncontrollably like a little girl who just admitted her first mistake in front of her stern father. 

“Aishh… this girl…” Yong appa said as he ruffled her hair caringly.

As her crying came to a stop, Yuri said, “Yong appa… I promised from now on, no matter what happens, I will always stay as your good daughter Yuri.”

“That’s my girl.” Yong appa smiled broadly.

“But you have to promise me one thing though…”

“Why do I have a feeling that it’s not a good for me?”

Yuri held back a chuckle as she said, “No matter what I said about my relationship between me and Yoona stays between me and her. You must not treat her badly just because things don’t work out between us. Promise?”

“But-”

“If you don’t promise then I don’t know if I can tell you everything. I would feel really guilty if you and her-”

“Alright, alright…” Yong appa cut in. He couldn’t blame anyone else, he could only blame Yuri for having such a good heart, “I promise… happy?”

“And be nice to her too.” This was called taking advantage of the situation.

“Hey… that’s too-”

“I still remember the last time you met her, you grabbed an ashtray and threw it at her… just because of me… still feeling guilty here.” Yuri wittily added.

“Fine…” Yong appa said in defeat.

Of course, Yong appa’s defeated attitude brought an ear-to-ear grin to Yuri’s face. 

---

“All that I can say is both of you are one hell of a hardheaded kid.” Yong appa exclaimed after he heard Yuri talked about Yoona’s confession and her decision to go out with Gyuri.

“Yong appa… you already promised that you won’t do anything to Yoona. You have to keep that promise. Just act like you don’t know anything and don’t say anything to her.” Yuri once again reminded as she walked Yong appa to his room.

Yong appa heaved a sigh, “Alright, I promise, I know… you don’t have to remind me every five minutes like this.”

“Okay… I have to go now. Rest well, Yong appa…” 

Yong appa nodded as he waved goodbye to Yuri. Sitting back in his comfy armchair in the room, he reached out to light up one of the cigarette that Yuri secretly gave him. Yong appa pleasantly enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere in his room with his eyes closed before there was sound of knocking on his door.

“Come in…”

“Appa…”

At the sound of the familiar voice, Yong appa opened his eyes to look at the doorway. Here was his daughter standing, as shy as ever, she was still standing right next to the door, didn’t dare to take another step closer. Suddenly he wondered, how could his rascal win over Yuri’s heart All he can say was that his daughter sure had some luck.

“Now you came… I thought you’re so busy with your work that you forget you actually have an old man here.”

“No, appa… it’s not like that.” Yoona quickly shook her head in denial. Great… and now her father was blaming her for not coming often? Who was the one saying that he never wanted to see her face again by the way?

“Did you see her on your way coming here?” Yong appa asked in case Yuri and his daughter ran into each other outside.

“Uh… but who are you talking about?”

So that was a ‘no’. How odd, Yuri just left only minutes ago. There was no way they didn’t run into each other outside. It wasn’t like there was another hallway led to this room. Heaving a sigh as he guessed that maybe Yuri saw his rascal first and decided to avoid the latter. Kids these days… 

As he got older, Yong appa found it more and more difficult to move around on his own. Like right now, when he tried to stand up, suddenly there was a throbbing pain in his left leg forced him to sit back right after. Muscle cramp… it wasn’t even that long since he sat still in his seat.

“Ah~” Yong appa yelped in silence.

Been watching her father from the very beginning, Yoona immediately rushed to his side when the old man was in pain. Not waiting for any protest from the stubborn man, Yoona kneeled down beside him, gently placed both of his legs on her thighs and started massaging them starting from the left one.

‘Be nice to her’

Under normal circumstances, if Yuri’s words didn’t stay at the back of his mind, there was no way Yong appa would let Yoona did what she was doing right now. He would pull back his leg saying that he could relax his muscle on his own. But that wasn’t the case here. Unlike Yoona, Yong appa was the man of his words, when an ‘Im’ made a promise, that promised is kept at all costs.

Smiling silently to herself, Yoona couldn’t believe that her father was actually sitting still in his seat allowing her to take care of him the way she wanted. Before, she could only do this with her eyes.

Yong appa couldn’t remember the last time he saw his daughter this up close. The girl was way too thin for her own good. Was there any flesh under that pale skin? She didn’t even know how to take good care of herself even at this age already.

“What have you been eating?” Yong appa asked out of the blue.

“Yeah…?” Yoona said, bewildered. Wow, this was new, like… really, really new: her father started a conversation with her first.

Yong appa heaved a heavy sigh before he repeated, “Have you been eating well?”

“Y-yeah… I’m eating really well. Like a pig…”

That surprised Yong appa, the way she answered was exactly the same as Yuri. These two would be a perfect match if his rascal wasn’t being stupid and cheated on the girl on their weeding night. How great would it be if Yuri was his daughter-in-law? His rascal had let go the most wonderful thing that God granted her. Stupid.

Out of nowhere, Yong appa knocked her head lightly while mumbling to himself, “Babo…”

Confused as ever, Yoona rubbed the spot where she just got hit while giving Yong appa the what-have-I-done-wrong look.

&&&&&&

Lotte Mart

“Hmm… what else did I miss?” Yuri asked herself as she compared the list on her hand with the stuff in her cart. “Milk!! That’s right, totally forget that…” She exclaimed loudly.

As she pushed her cart passing the cucumber shelves, Yuri chuckled silently to herself. She didn’t know when cucumber was completely crossed out of her things-to-buy list. Maybe it was because cucumber’s Jessica’s biggest enemy so she just naturally refrained from adding this innocent vegetable into her meals.

As she remembered Jessica, she couldn’t help but feeling worried. The girl was about to quit soon, it meant that there wasn’t any decent reason for Yuri to approach her sister any more. How was she going to take care of her? The worst case was that she had to ask Tiffany to keep an eye on her sister whenever she paid a visit to her girlfriend’s house. She couldn’t come to where the three of them lived for sure. Besides the reason which Jessica would strongly against it, there was a certain someone that she needed to avoid as much as possible.

Now that she mentioned that person.

Honestly, Yuri really wanted to know the reason why they wanted to resign. Was it because of the uncomfortable atmosphere between her and Jessica that the latter wanted to quit and Yoona followed her best friend’s step? Or… maybe, just maybe… Yoona wanted to quit because of her?

The other day, she saw Yoona and Jessica together. Yuri was supposed to be angry or at least feeling disappointed since one moment Yoona was confessing to her and next one she was already happily going on a date with someone else. Just like what Tiffany said, Yoona’s words weren’t trustworthy at all. But somehow, there was something about Yoona that made her thinking otherwise.

Maybe it was because of the way Yoona looking at her sister. The gaze was gentle and heartwarming but something was still missing. That look was strange, it was completely different when Yoona looked into her eyes and asked her to be her girlfriend three years ago or even when... she confessed the other day. It should be gleamed with love and burning with passion. The look which was able to make Yuri feel that she can reach Yoona’s soul. That magical look.

Then again, what did she know about Yoona? Despite Yoona was able to make Yuri feel how deeply in love she was, in the end she was still cruel enough to cheat on the latter on their weeding night.

Ah~~ past… it made her head hurt.

“Yu-Yuri…”

Yuri looked up as she quickly shifted her gaze to the undeniably familiar voice. As always, the sight of that person caused Yuri to stay rooted to the ground. 

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked since she saw Yuri was clutching her head earlier. She noticed Yuri was standing there way before she announced her presence but she just decided to call out only when the latter seemed to be in pain. She couldn’t bring herself to walk away like that. Yoona just kept wondering to herself, how in the world that they just kept bumping into each other like this? There was only fate to blame.

“Uh… fine. I’m fine…” The tanned girl stuttered.

“Are you sure? Uh… Your head-”

“No, I’m fine… It’s…nothing.” 

“Oh… in that case… uhm…”

Then the awkward silence fell over them naturally. Yoona had been mentally hitting her head several times for being stupid enough to start this conversation and now neither of them know how to continue or end it since they couldn’t go on shopping normally like they hadn’t seen each other. 

Come on, Yuri. Think of something to say… it’s your turn.

“Uhm… what are you doing here?” Damn… Yuri shut her eyes tightly. What the heck did she just ask?

Yoona raised her eyebrow. She was pushing a cart which was full of stuff she needed for dinner while looking at the shelves in a supermarket. What else would she be possibly doing here?

“Uh… Hunting elephants maybe?” Yoona tried to joke as she remembered the line from a gag she saw online. She even thought that this situation would never happen in reality at first. Who would ask such a silly question like that? But under this circumstance, this question was somewhat reasonable.

Yuri couldn’t help but let out a soft laugh because of Yoona’s fail joke to lighten up the atmosphere. It wasn’t actually failed though, because of her laughing Yoona soon followed her and they were now laughing together not because of the joke but at how awkward this situation was getting.

“I guess that was such a wrong question to ask, right?” Yuri said when they finished laughing, “Let me start again then. Are you shopping for dinner?”

Finally, an appropriate question, “Yeah, I’ll be the chef tonight so I’m buying some essential ingredients. What about you?”

“Just like you…”

“Uhm… I’m sort of done shopping now. Do you want a ride home? I can offer one.” Yoona friendly offered as she tried to act normal. Despite whatever happened, she just didn’t want them to go back to the ‘getting awkward with each other’ stage. They’ve way past that line. At least, she wanted to be friends. Just plain friends.

“Uh… thanks. Fany told me that she’ll pick me up si-” Yuri couldn’t finish what she wanted to say when her phone was ringing loudly in her pocket. How come she started to have a bad feeling about this phone call? Hesitantly, she pulled the phone out and answered. It was Tiffany.

“Hello?... What now... So to sum it up, you can’t come here to pick me up, right?... No, you should go with Taeyeon, she prepared all of that just to surprise you… It’s okay, I’m not mad… Don’t worry, there’s a thing in this world called ‘taxi’, you know?... Okay, bye…”

Yuri let out a heavy sigh as she hung up. As much as she didn’t want this to happen, Yoona must have heard part of their conversation. Slowly, Yuri shifted her gaze to meet Yoona.

“Well, the offer is still on the table…”

“You know what? I guess I’ll catch a-”

“Yuri-yah…” Yoona quickly cut in, “I thought that we already agreed to be friends?”

See? She shouldn’t have picked up that phone call. Her sense was never wrong.

“I guess I can’t say no then…” And eventually she gave in.

---

“So… where to?” Yoona asked after both of them settled in her car.

“Ah, Hoenamugil Street, it’s near Namsan park.”

Yoona nodded and started her car. Silence filled the atmosphere again. What a familiar scene between them lately…

“Uh… I believe my guess was wrong then.” Yoona was the first to break it.

“What is?” Yuri asked confused.

Yoona let out a chuckle, “About your dad and Jessica…”

Remembering Yoona’s crazy assumption about Jessica and her dad, Yuri couldn’t hold back her laughter either. “Of course, I told you, it’s impossible. Uh, but… Jessica told you already?”

“Well, a few days ago. She didn’t take it really well, did she?”

Heaving a heavy sigh, Yuri said, “Can’t blame her. I had such a bad timing to say.”

“Take your time… Sica sure is stubborn but she’s a really nice girl. You’ll see if you get to know her more.” Yoona comforted.

“If only she gives me a chance to…” Sadness couldn’t be ignored in Yuri’s voice. All of her efforts trying to get closer were seemed to be fully neglected by her sister. To be honest, she started to feel discourage here.

As Yoona had her attention on the road, Yuri took the chance to look at the latter properly without the fear of being caught she had been staring. More than anyone, Yuri would be on top of list about who was the most curious about Yoona and Jessica’s current relationship. Not just that, she also wanted to know Yoona’s true feelings about Jessica and… probably herself.

For the sake of herself and her sister, Yuri just had to hear this confirmation from Yoona herself. So, as much of a coward she was who wasn’t ready for any confrontation before, right now, she was ready to ask.

“Yoona-yah…”

“Huh?”

“Do you… do you like Jessica?”

The car came to a stop suddenly as Yoona stepped on the brake. She couldn’t reply to a question like this and drive at the same time.

“What do you want me to say, Yul?” She said, eyes still on the road even though she wasn’t driving right now.

Yuri’s heart suddenly beat fast when she heard that nickname coming from Yoona’s mouth. The last time she heard this was when Yoona was drunk and they… whatever, that wasn’t important right now. The fact how she was going to answer this question was more important at the moment.

If Yoona answered either yes or no, Yuri would still see her in a bad light. Yes meant Yoona was playing with her heart, those three words eight letters meant nothing as she could go out with another person right after she said them. No meant Yoona took advantage of Jessica’s feelings for what Yuri was unsure but going out with someone when you felt nothing for them was unacceptable. Especially this was her sister they were talking about. So, yes or no… did it really matter?

But that was what her complicated mind was thinking. Her heart was very much simpler.

Yes meant Yoona was truly a jerk who kept playing with her feelings. No meant Yoona was really in love with her, she was just using Jessica to forget her. In other words, if Yuri followed her heart, she might lean more to the ‘no’ side.

Yuri shook her head strongly, what the heck was she thinking about? Someone was using her sister and she still thought of that as a good thing?

But wait, why did Yoona turn all of this on her? She was the first to ask so she should be the one receiving an answer not thinking of one to give back, right?

“Uhm… it’s not that fair to answer a question with a question, you know?” Yuri shyly said as she hung her head low.

Yuri didn’t know what Yoona was thinking as the latter stayed silent and started the car again. So, the answer was ‘no comment’. That, she didn’t expect. The rest of the ride was still filled with that familiar silence as both of them lost in their own thoughts.

Yoona parked her car in front of the shared house of Yuri and Tiffany. As Yuri was about to open the door to get out of the car, Yoona took one step ahead in doing that for her.

“Thanks for the ride.” Yuri said as both of them standing right next to the car.

As a reply, Yoona just nodded. She watched as Yuri turned her back and started to walk toward her house. Yoona also made her way back to the door of the driver’s side.

“Feeling is something I believe that can develop over the times. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt her. She’s my best friend.” The doe-eyes girl said out loud and quickly got in her car. Not giving a chance for the tanned girl to protest.

Standing at the doorway, Yuri’s eyes followed the silver car before it was completely disappeared at the end of the road.

What a smart way to answer a yes, no question.

In the end, the answer was a… no-yes one. Half no and half yes. Or was it?

TBC