The Past

The Ferris Wheel

Chapter 12

STS – Sales and Reservation Department

“Hi guys.” Yoona stepped in the office while greeting her co-workers brightly, followed closely by Jessica.

“Hi!!!” They all greeted Yoona and Jessica back excitedly.

It had been a week since the conference. Thanks to Goo Hye Sun’s appearance, the conference was a big success, even featured on the first page of some newspaper. Of course, Siwon who had a big smile on his face during the post-conference meeting, kept his promise and kept all current employees in this department. During the meeting, he repeatedly complimented Yoona for her effort.

Needless to say, Yoona’s co-workers are totally grateful that she could invite Hyesun to come. As a way of expressing their gratitude toward the young girl, they all treated her as if she was a god. From breakfast to lunch, coffees to sandwiches, if Yoona wanted, she would get it only with a snap of her fingers.

Yoona opened the door to her own office, as soon as she sat on her executive chair; she heard a soft knock at her door.

“Come in.” 

Luna came in with a mug a coffee in her hand, “Here is your coffee, Yoona. Only with a tad of milk and two sugar cubes. Just like always.” She said and placed the mug on Yoona’s desk.

Yoona let out an amused chuckle. When she first came to STS, Luna didn’t even look at her face, now the young girl even knew her taste in coffee. “Thanks Luna. It’s really considerate of you to notice my taste in coffee.”

“It’s nothing Yoona-sshi. If you need anything else, just tell me.” Luna said with a shy smile on her face. “I guess I should get back to work now.” Luna bowed to Yoona before quickly left the room.

Not long after Luna’s leave, Jessica barged in Yoona’s room and she plopped down on the seat in front of Yoona’s desk then let out a deep sigh. It was obvious that there was something was bothering her.

“Alright… what’s wrong now? Who upsets you?” Yoona looked up from her computer’s screen, noticing her friend’s annoyance.

Jessica, who was crossing her arm in front of her chest, averted her eyes toward their co-workers who were running busily around the office to do their work.

“Huh? Really? I thought… they would treat you well since you’re my PA and all.” Yoona asked confused.

“Of course they’re being nice to me, too nice. They insist on doing all the work you gave me and even make coffees or buy lunches for you. Seriously, I have nothing to do now. I’ll be bored to death if this continues.” Jessica whined with an annoyed expression on her face.

Yoona laughed as she looked at the pouting Jessica, “Come on, they just want to show us how thankful they are. Be patient, I don’t think that this will last long. Laziness is something in their blood. They’ll return your work soon. At the meantime, just sit back and enjoy your day. Just like me.” Yoona shrugged the matter off as she returned to her work.

Jessica clicked her tongue in annoyance, “Hope so…”

&&&&&&

“Onew, did you finish the files I gave you earlier?” Tiffany asked as she reached Onew’s desk.

Onew scrunched his eyebrows in confusion for a few minutes before smacked his forehead lightly in realization, “Oh right… I forgot. I’m sorry; I’ll finish it in…” Onew took a look at his watch, “30 minutes. 30 minutes later and those files will be on your desk.”

“But… I saw you working on something so I thought that you’re doing those files.”

“Uh… actually this is… never mind, I’ll try to finish these files as soon as possible.” Onew said as he pushed the files he was working on away from Tiffany’s sight. 

However, his effort was such a waste since Fany already had a good look at the files before he pushed away. She walked away annoyingly from Onew then entered Yuri’s room without knocking yet again.

“Aishh, I can’t believe these guys.”

“Who?” Yuri asked, confused about her friend’s sudden act.

“Onew, Luna, Minho all of them.”

“Why? What did they do?” Yuri took a look at her co-workers through her windows. “They’re working hard now.” She raised her shoulders and let them drop, questioning Fany’s annoyance.

“Earlier I saw Luna brought a cup of coffee to Yoona’s room, with ‘only a tad of milk and two sugar cubes’” Fany mimicked Luna, “Onew is also like that. This morning I gave him a file to fill. Just a moment ago I came to his desk to pick those files up, just to find out that he was working on Jessica’s work. I repeat: Jessica’s work and ignoring the files I gave him to do. How can I not be mad?”

“Ah… that.” Came Yuri’s short response followed by a soft laugh.

“Is this how you react to this kind of situation?” Fany asked, can’t help but feel disappointed at her friend’s lack of reaction to her complaint.

Yuri coughed as a way to stop her from laughing when she saw Fany’s irritated attitude, “Sorry… But I don’t really get why do you have to be mad at them? It’s true that Yoona saves their jobs though. I thought you have already known that she’ll receive this kind of treatment from them.”

“Still I can’t stand the way they’re acting though. I still remember how they said that it’s not fair to you when Yoona had the Sales Manager spot, how Kwon Yuri is their only boss. Now they all turn their back on you. All Yoona had to do was invite Goo Hye Sun and I’m not going to refer her way of doing that which I’m sure that involves lots of drinking and clubbing. Why do they ignore the fact that the conference is a success also due to your speech and preparations?”

Yuri smiled as she listened to Fany’s rant. It felt good to know that even when the world was turning their back on her; she was certain that she still had Tiffany Hwang on her side.

“This is just great, I’m expressing my distress and now my best friend’s smiling.” Fany threw her hands in the air to add the drama effect.

“Well, who’s gonna need them when… I already have you on my side?” Yuri said as she winked to Fany. Somehow that sentence was cooling down the about-to-erupt volcano named Tiffany.

“Jeez, what’s up with that cheesy line?” Tiffany suddenly blushed at Yuri’s comment because Yuri rarely say those cheesy lines but when she did say them Fany knew that they truly came from the bottom of her heart.

Yuri’s smile turned into a grin, “It’s the truth though. And you don’t have to worry about them doing Jessica’s work. I can guarantee that it won’t last long.”

“What makes you so sure about that?”

“Knowing them, the phrase ‘working hard’ doesn’t exist in their dictionary. You’ll see, they’ll be back to their normal self soon.” Fany slowly nodded her head in agreement as she listened to Yuri’s explanation, “Ah later, I’ll have Seohyun to post an announcement on the board about the meeting which all of us will have with Siwon after lunchtime and I think that you should know about this first.”

“Huh? All of us? Does that mean the entire employees in this department?”

“Yeah, that’s right.”

“Why? Normally it’s just you, Yoona and yours’ PA.” Fany asked, confused.

Yuri shrugged, “Who knows? Siwon always have some crazy and unexpected ideas. We’ll never know what is going on in his mind.”

“Hmm… true.” Tiffany agreed, thinking of Siwon’s unusual way to lead the team.

&&&&&&

STS’s cafeteria - Lunchtime

Jessica looked at Yoona with a smile on her face. The girl was munching on her food without any sign of stopping. One of many things Jessica liked about Yoona was the girl always eat like there was no tomorrow. Even when this morning she already had cereal at home and bought sandwiches on her way to work, at lunch she still ate like she had been left starving for the last few days.

“Yah, you’re really that hungry?” Sica asked, raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

“Actually I’m not sure if I’m full or not so I just eat until I can’t eat anymore. Besides these food are like calling me to eat them.” Yoona answered as she lifted her head up from the food she was eating that was when she saw Seohyun was passing by their table, “Hey Hyunie!!” she called out for the young girl.

The smile on Jessica’s face turned into a frown in an instant when she heard the name ‘Seohyun’. Seriously, these days she couldn’t find a proper alone time with Yoona anymore, if it’s not their co-workers then someone else would come along.

Seohyun smiled warmly at Yoona, “Hi, Yoona-unnie!”

“Do you have lunch by yourself?” Yoona asked.

“Uhm… yeah.” It’s not that long since she became Yuri’s PA and she wasn’t the outgoing type of people so she hadn’t been able to make friends yet.

“If so then why don’t you join us for lunch, the more the merrier right?” Yoona suggested in a friendly manner. 

“Uh… is that okay? I really don’t want to be a bother to you guys.” Seohyun asked, more to the cold Jessica.

“Jeez, what’re you saying? You will never be a bother to us. Come and sit here.” Yoona said while pulling Seohyun to sit in the empty seat next to her.

Seeing that there was no point in denying, Seohyun sat down awkwardly next to Yoona.

“Last time, I was so excited about seeing you again that I only talked about our past. Then the conference thing happened and all of us were extremely busy. I never really had a chance to ask you what you have been doing so you must tell me everything now.” Yoona said in a hyper tone, with Seohyun she always tried to create a comfortable atmosphere. She never wanted her and Seohyun to be awkward around each other. Not after their break-up.

Ah, let’s talk about their break-up. Up until now, it still remained a big question mark in Yoona’s mind. There was nothing called ‘drama’ in their relationship. When Yoona first saw Seohyun, she had started to feel something for the pretty girl. Her round eyes and chubby cheeks were the things that caught Yoona’s eyes. After 1 month getting to know her, Yoona decided to ask her out and Seohyun said ‘yes’. Two more dates, Seohyun became Yoona’s girlfriend. Even though, they were still in high school, their relationship was nothing like the relationship which most of high school students should have. No misunderstanding, no fighting, no cheating just seriousness, loving and trusting each other. Maybe part of this was because of Seohyun’s mature personality.

All of a sudden, after 5 months dating, Seohyun told Yoona to meet up at a small garden on the school’s rooftop – their usual place and said that she wanted to break up. That left Yoona speechless, wondering what the hell she did wrong. When Yoona asked whether Seohyun still liked her or there was someone else, Seohyun answered that she still did, more than ever but they just had to break up. Of course Yoona insisted on knowing the reason, the short and only answer she received was ‘because I’m not the only one who worthy of your love.’ In the end, Yoona respected Seohyun’s decision and they broke up then remained close friends. Strange but that was how they broke up. After graduation, Yoona heard from Seohyun that she would study aboard and she hadn’t seen her ever since.

“Uhm… There was nothing special though. I graduated from Stanford 3 years ago. I also knew Siwon when I took class there. After graduation, he told me to return to Korea to help him that was when I became his PA. That’s my boring story. What about you, Yoona-unnie?”

Then Yoona told her what happened to her the past few years, from her father’s bankruptcy to her job as a Cruise Director for 2 years and how she became a Sales Manager. Of course she left out all the part which involved Yuri. Seohyun was shocked when she heard Yoona mentioned her father’s bankruptcy since she didn’t know anything about this. When the bankruptcy happened she was in US, studying and working hard on her part-time job. She didn’t even have time to read the local newspaper let alone reading Korea news.

“I’m really sorry, unnie. I couldn’t be here when that happened.” 

“Jeez, why do you have to feel sorry? It’s not even your fault.”

“But still…” The sound of Seohyun’s cell phone ringing interrupted their conversation. Seohyun looked at the phone’s screen for a while before a small smile slowly crept up her face, lost in her own thoughts.

“You know what, Hyunie?” Yoona’s voice pulled Seohyun out of her own little world as she jerked her head up, “Smiling to yourself is the most obvious evidence tells that you’re currently in a relationship.” Yoona grinned knowingly while Jessica immediately paid attention to the conversation.

Seohyun blushed as she kept her head low at Yoona’s comment.

“Not denying equals admitting.” Yoona chuckled, “You have to tell me about this lucky person. How long have you been dating?”

Seohyun blushed even deeper than before, “Uhm… two months.”

“Where do you guys meet?”

“I met him at a grocery shop. Where I happened to forget my wallet at home and he helped me to pay for everything I purchased then one thing leads to another and I became his girlfriend.” Seohyun smiled at the memory

“What’s his name?” Jessica asked, it’s also the first thing she said since Seohyun sat down at their table.

“Jung Yong Hwa, I’ll introduce him to you guys later and we can do a double date.” Seohyun said excitedly with a bright smile on her face.

Yoona was confused for a moment then she realized that Seohyun was referring to her and Jessica being a couple, “Oh, don’t get the wrong idea, Hyunie. We are not a couple.” Yoona pointed back and forth between her and Jessica. “We’re just best friends, best of the best friends, right Sica?”

Jessica nodded sadly as a confirmation. It was like someone was slowly rubbing salt in her wounds and it hurt even more when the phrase ‘just best friends’ came from Yoona’s mouth.

“Huh… why?” Came Seohyun strange question, anyone could easily see a surprised look on her face.

Another puzzled look crossed Yoona’s face, “You know, we’re like… best friends since high school, Jessica and Taeyeon are my best friends, I thought you would know that.” Yoona explained, wondering what Seohyun was thinking.

“Uh… I mean… don’t you…”

Seohyun’s evasive sentence was cut short by Minho’s arrival.

“Yoona-sshi, Jessica-sshi and Seohyun-sshi, the meeting is about to start, everyone is waiting for you guys. I think you’d better hurry.”

The three of them knew that it wasn’t the best idea to let her boss wait for them to begin the meeting so they started to get going right away. Their little chit-chat could wait.

&&&&&&

STS - Sales and Reservation Department - Meeting room

“You guys probably are wondering why I have to call all of you to have this meeting. Don’t worry, it’s nothing related to the recruitment, I just simply want to gather ideas about the theme for the Goddess Cruise Ship as many as possible.” Siwon declared, lots of relieved breaths could be heard loudly around the room.

“I’ve been doing lots of thinking lately. And I decided that the theme for our cruise will be ‘love’. All about love. All the customers go on the cruise will find everything about their love. In order to make this work, we need to gather all of the feelings about love as many as possible. So I need all of you to close your eyes and think of good or bad times about your most memorable love. And then tell me how you feel, okay?” Siwon said with a gentle voice as if he was hypnotizing, luring his employees to their own little world.

“Alright, let’s start.” He finished telling his idea with a snap of his fingers.

And everyone started to close their eyes one by one. Thinking about their love life just like Siwon instructed. A tranquil silence slowly filled the room for about 5 minutes.

“Okay, now open your eyes.” Siwon clapped his hands together, “Tell me how you feel about your love, Yoona.”

Yoona chuckled, “I think, love is all about… having fun, right?” 

Everyone in the room let out a snort at Yoona’s answer, an expected typical answer from Yoona’s player image. They even doubted if Yoona had ever loved before but little did they know, Yoona hadn’t closed her eyes the entire time. She was afraid. Afraid that if she closed her eyes and thinking of love she would probably let out her inner feelings which she had been successfully hiding the past few years in front of the entire staff. She couldn’t and wouldn’t let this happen.

Siwon nodded, “Well, maybe. What about you Jessica?”

Jessica glanced at Yoona and let out a sigh, “I think love is a process of waiting and being true to what you are feeling.”

Then Siwon asked Tiffany and everyone left in the room. They didn’t notice that there was someone in the room who still had her eyes closed tightly even after Siwon told them to open their eyes.

“Yuri, what do you think?” Siwon finally laid his eyes on the girl who was squeezing her chair’s armrest tightly and her eyes still closed.

“Yuri, are you okay?” Siwon asked, worried.

Yuri thought that when she closed her eyes, she would remember her first crush or maybe Nicole, her girlfriend for 4 years. But that wasn’t the case. The moment she closed her eyes, memories of those 7 days kept rushing back in her head like tidal waves. The only image in her head was Im Yoona.

“Miss, miss are you okay?”

“Hmm… this one tastes like Kobchang.”

“Baby, where are you going? I’ve been looking for you all night long.”

“You said you love me right? Then only look at me.”

“Are you having regrets?”

“No, I don’t and I won’t.”

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”

“Kwon Yuri, will you marry me?”

“And I know that she loves me just like I love her more than you ever did.”

“Yah, IM YOONA, what are you doing?”

“Isn’t that obvious?”


At this moment, everyone had their eyes on Yuri’s pale face. Yoona stood up from her seat, approached closer to Yuri then kneeled down in front of her. Yuri kept her head low and her entire body was shaking.

“Hey, are you okay?” Yoona asked as she shook Yuri’s shoulder lightly.

Yuri suddenly shot her eyes opened, “Ahhhhh, IM YOONA!!!” And she did the thing she should have done 3 years ago. 

She slapped the person in front of her, Im Yoona.

The sound of Yuri’s hand collided with Yoona’s cheek echoed across the quiet room. Everyone who was presented at the room gasped at the scene. The noise of gasping came from everywhere pulling Yuri back to reality as she looked from left to right. Slowly aware of her surroundings and she quickly stood up from her seat and ran out of the room full of people.

Fany snapped out of her own shock, ran after Yuri after throwing a glare at Yoona who was still hugging her cheek.

“Yuri-yah, wait for me.” Fany called out for her friend.

Siwon coughed loud enough to get his employees’ attention, “Uhm… I think that we’ll continue this meeting later. Seohyun-sshi, come with me, I have something assigned for you to do. That’s enough for today. Dismiss.”

Siwon stood up from his seat and left the room. The staffs slowly zoomed out of the room just like his request. When they all left, Jessica also stood up as she approached closer to Yoona and kneeled down next to her, pondering what she should say at this moment.

“Hey… are you alright?”

Yoona looked at Jessica, a soft chuckle left , “I’m fine. It’s not like the first time I’ve been slapped. Let’s go.” Another chuckle was heard. Yoona stood up and pulled Jessica’s hand with her.

“Where?”

“Home. I don’t feel like working today. Let’s take a day off and hang out.” Yoona suggested.

“Uh…uhm…okay.”

&&&&&&

STS - Sales and Reservation Department

Everyone in the office was doing their job quietly, exchanging glances between each other occasionally. Nevertheless, they saw Yuri as one of their close friends, seeing there was something bothering her was a burden to them as well. They were really curious about Yuri but none of them dared to ask. That was until Onew came into Yuri’s room.

“Yuri-yah…uhm, you know it’s not good for your health if you kept all your feelings bottled up inside. You’ll feel much better if you let it all out.” Onew said.

“Yeah yeah, that’s right. You shouldn’t keep it inside. You know the saying ‘A trouble shared is a trouble halved.’” Luna also chimed in as she rushed to Yuri’s door.

Yuri looked at her awaited co-workers then moved her eyes to Tiffany who also stood near the door as if asking her whether she should tell them or not.

“Well, I think that they’ll know about it sooner or later.” Fany shrugged.

Yuri let out a deep breath. Yuri knew that this day would come if Yoona and her worked in the same department.

“Fine…” Yuri stopped for a moment to let memories came back to her head, “I first met Yoona 3 years ago…”

Flashback

Atlantis Cruise ship – Room A125
 

Finally, she could succeed in convincing her parents allowed her marrying the one she loved who was a girl. They went on this cruise ship to hold their private weeding and had their honey moon at the same time. Also this was the first time Nicole went to L.A to meet her in-laws. 

But there was only one problem. Nicole was nowhere to be seen and the cruise was about to leave soon.
Yuri was pacing back and forth in her room, her and Nicole’s room. Earlier, Nicole told her to go on the cruise first and waited for her. And she had waited for the girl half an hour, still no sight of Nicole.

The sound of her phone’s ringing caught her attention and she picked it up right after the first ring.

“Yah, where are you?” Yuri asked without looking at the caller ID.

“Yuri-yah, I’m sorry.” Came Nicole’s voice through the phone.

“What do you say sorry for?” The siren of the cruise went off signaled the cruise was leaving. Yuri went into panic mode in an instant. “Yah, the cruise is leaving, you have to come quickly.”

“I’m not coming.”

“What…”

“I can’t marry you, Yuri-yah.”

Yuri stilled for a moment then she tried to let out a humorous laugh, “That’s very funny, Nic. But this’s not the time for telling jokes, you have to hurry, the cruise is leaving.”

“I’m not kidding, Yul.”

“Then…”

“I’m breaking up with you… for real.”

“Break up? That’s so easy for you to say. Do you know how h-”

“I know, I know and I’m really sorry for everything. But I can’t marry you, Yul.”

“Why? I can’t believe you end everything between us with just a phone call.”

“Goodbye, Yul. I’m sorry.” Nicole ended the conversation before Yuri could say anything else.

“Nicole, Nic-” Yuri stopped herself from talking since the line had gone dead.

A wave of emotions rushed inside Yuri’s body as she broke down in tears. Nicole was Yuri’s first girlfriend. The only one who confessed liked her more than a friend. Four years wasn’t a short amount of time. And Nicole was by her side throughout those four years. She really didn’t know what to do without Nicole.

&&&&&&

“Ouch!!!” Yoona squealed in pain as a solid object came in contact with the top of her head. She rubbed the spot where she just got hit repeatedly to sooth the pain as she bent down to pick the object up. Turned out it was a white gold ring; the words ‘Y love Y’ were carved on the inside of the ring.

Looking at those words, Yoona let out a scoff, “Y love Y? Am I still eligible to be in love with someone?” 

Yoona tilted her head back to look at the upper deck, seeing a young girl who was leaning against the handrail. “It must have been her who dropped this thing, I’d better return it.” Yoona guessed as she found her way to the deck.

When she reached the place, the girl who was standing straight just a moment ago was now kneeling beside the handrail while clutching her stomach tightly. She bit her lips to stop her from screaming in pain.

Yoona quickly shoved the ring into her right pocket and ran to the girl.

“Miss, miss are you okay?” She asked, her voice full of concern.

The girl lifted her head up to look at the stranger who was holding on her arms. That was when Yoona’s lung forgot to do its job. The girl’s beauty was the oxygen around them and Yoona found it hard to breath. Even though Yoona knew that this girl wasn’t in her best condition, since she had dark circles under her eyes, probably because of crying too much. Still her beauty still managed to take Yoona’s breath away.

The sound of the girl under her yelping in pain pulled Yoona out of daydream.

“This’s not working. I should you to the medical care right now.” Yoona said as she put the girl’s arm around her shoulder, support her so that both of them could walk to the medical care.

&&&&&&

Medical Care on Cruise Ship

Yoona was pacing back and forth in front of the room. It had been 20 minutes since she brought the girl here the doctor hadn’t come out yet. At least have someone inform her about that girl’s condition. Yoona wasn’t sure why she was acting like this but something inside was burning with anxiety. This was so frustrating. 

The sight of the doctor came out of her room made Yoona rushed to him.

“Are you here for the lady in there?” The doctor asked.

“Yes, I’m the one who brought her here. Is she okay?”

“Oh, don’t worry, she’s fine. The reason her stomach hurt this bad was because she hadn’t eaten anything. Just took medicine regularly and she’ll be fine in no time.” The doctor smiled warmly at Yoona.

“Can I go see her?” Yoona asked eagerly.

“Of course you can.” The doctor moved away from the door, letting Yoona came in. “Oh and you need to take better care of your girlfriend. She’s really weak right now.”

“But…she’s not my-”

“No need in denying it, it’s okay. These days, love is all about feelings.” Another knowing smile spread the doctor’s face and then he walked away before Yoona could protest.

“But she’s really not my girlfriend though.” Yoona said aloud to no one in particular.

Taking another deep breath in before pushing the door opened and Yoona stepped into the room.

“Hello…” Yoona shyly spoke and she was wondering what the hell was wrong with her. She never was shy in front of anyone or anything. Why now, in front of this stranger?

The girl placed a pillow behind her back as she sat up leaning to it. “Hi… are you the one who brought me here?” Yuri asked, her voice was still weak.

“Yeah, you kind of fainted on the deck.” Yoona explained.

“Oh, is that so? Thanks… for bringing me here.” The girl smiled at Yoona.

An awkward silence filled the room and Yoona decided to introduce herself first.

“Uhm, my name is Yoona, Im Yoona. It’s really nice to meet you.”

“I’m Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you too.”

The introduction was pretty short and bland. But none of them knew that they would remember each other’s name for the rest of their lives.


&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Room A305

Yoona was tossing and turning in her bed. For the first time in the last few days, she didn’t have time to think about her father’s bankruptcy, her friends’ betrayals. For the first time her mind was occupied by something else - an image of certain girl.

She was never the type to believe in love at first sight but at this exact moment she couldn’t find a more proper word to describe what she was feeling. Maybe it wasn’t love… yet. But Yoona definitely was feeling something really strong toward Yuri whom she just met. She suddenly felt this urge to take care of Yuri, to be someone that she could rely on.

Then Yoona let her mind wander to the first moment she saw Yuri’s face. The dark circle under her eyes, her tangled hair, those dried lips and her red nose was certainly not an appearance that one could picture as their dream girl. But for Yoona, she didn’t notice anything like that on Yuri’s face. All she could see at that moment was Yuri’s eyes. Even though Yoona just saw them for one split moment to look at her yet it was enough for Yoona to memorize those eyes. 

Through those captivating eyes, Yoona could tell that Yuri was in her most vulnerable state. She was so fragile that Yoona was afraid that even just one small wrong move from her then Yuri would break into million pieces. She was hurt, not physically but mentally.

Or maybe Yoona was thinking too much, this was only the first time they met. And she wasn’t that good as a psychologist.

Unconsciously Yoona pulled the ring in her right pocket out slowly then she raised it in front of her eyes. ‘Y love Y’, maybe it was a coincidence but to Yoona it was her destiny. Yuri was her destiny.

“Maybe this is the chance that Dad always tells me to hold on to.” Yoona said as she clutched the ring tighter in her hand.

&&&&&&

Medical Care on Cruise ship – Day 2

Going back and forth in front of Yuri’s room, practicing what she should say when she saw Yuri again. She had no reason to visit her though. Their encounter just ended the moment Yuri said ‘thank you’.

The door to Yuri’s room suddenly flung opened as a nurse came out. She smiled when she saw Yoona, “Oh… Miss Im, you’re still here?” The nurse sounded a little surprised.

“Yeah yeah, I’m here to visit her.” Yoona replied quickly, more like a reflex when someone asked her the reason why she was here. Then the nurse’s question got into her head, “Wait, what do you mean ‘still here’?”

“Your girlfriend had already left about 20 minutes ago because she couldn’t stand the smell of medicines and sickness here. I thought you had gone with her.” The nurse said.

“Already left?” Disappointment was clearly visible on Yoona’s face. She didn’t even think about denying her being Yuri’s girlfriend.

“Ah… You’re in a fight, aren’t you?” The nurse said with a knowing smile on her face, “Don’t worry, I think she still likes you, she looked really sad when you didn’t stay with her yesterday. Here, let me give you a chance to make up.” It was actually funny how everyone in this medical care assumed they were in a relationship. Yuri already looked sad before she met Yoona, her sadness had nothing to do with Yoona not staying.

The nurse returned to Yuri’s room, bringing a jar of medicines along with her then came back out. She took Yoona’s hand and stuffed the jar into her palm. “She forgot to bring her medicine along with her. I think that you’ll help me to deliver this to her, right?”

The smile reappeared on Yoona’s face in a flash. Yoona nodded eagerly as an acceptance to the nurse’s request. Let them misunderstand wasn’t that bad after all. After saying thank you to the nurse, Yoona ran to Yuri’s room as fast as she could.

She was thankful to herself that last night she asked Yuri which room she was in as an excuse to prolong their conversation, to be able to see Yuri a little bit longer.

Here it was, room A125.

After the third knock, the door was opened. Yoona tried to swallow the lump that was slowly forming in her dry throat.

“Oh, Yoona-sshi. What brings you here?” Yuri asked.

Oh, right! She hadn’t thought of her reason for being here yet. It was true that she had to deliver the jar to Yuri but she couldn’t say that she came to visit her earlier. Then she had to think of another excuse to explain why she wanted to visit her. But what was so wrong if she wanted to visit Yuri? Isn’t that basic social manners? Right, it was just manners.

“Uhm… You left this at the medical care. The nurse asked me to bring it here.” Yoona said with a shy smile on her face while pulling the jar from her pocket slowly then handed it to Yuri.

Looking at the jar in Yoona’s hand in a boring way, Yuri finally took it from Yoona’s hand as she smiled politely at the girl, “Thanks… I wonder if you want to come in for a cup a coffee.” Yuri offered as a way to say thank-you. She moved away from the doorway, waiting for Yoona’s response.

Yuri was smiling at her. Yoona had never seen such a beautiful smile like this before even though it was a bit forced. Imagine how much more beautiful Yuri looked if she really meant it when she smiled. Yoona found herself motionless within seconds looking at the girl in front of her as if she was hypnotized.

Looking at Yoona’s motionless figure, Yuri assumed that she was trying to find a way to deny her offer politely, “Uhm… If you don’t want to then it’s o-”

“No, no, no I want to. I really want to.” Yoona hastily said, clearly spoke her mind.

Yuri chuckled at Yoona’s overreaction. Ever since that phone call, she hadn’t been able to feel this much relaxed. Unknowingly to Yuri, this girl’s presence was slowly mending her broken heart. She gestured her hand for Yoona to come in. Yoona quickly slid herself through the door.

“Here, have a seat.” Yuri said as she placed the jar of medicines on the coffee table then disappeared into the kitchen to make a coffee. Looking like she wasn’t going to take the medicine anytime soon.

Yuri came back out with a cup a coffee and a bottle of water on her hands. She sat down on the opposite sofa in front of Yoona.

Yoona kept her eyes on her cup of coffee on the table, trying to find something to talk about. Seriously, what was wrong with her? This was definitely not her normal confident self. The jar of medicines caught her eyes. Finally, there was something to talk about.

“Uh… are you gonna take the medicine?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah, I will. Sometimes later.” Or never. Yuri was never the type to take medicine when she was sick. She hates to the guts its bitter taste. If she were sick, she would tell the doctor to inject the drug right into her veins so that she didn’t have to take the medicine.

“Hmm… you will never take the medicine, right? That’s why you left the jar back in the medical care.”

“No, I will… trust me.” Yuri protested, wondering how this girl could see what was on her mind.

“No, you won’t. The nurse asked me to bring you the medicine so I have to be responsible for watching you taking the medicine. I won’t leave until I see you take the medicine with my own eyes.” Yoona said firmly. She had to make sure that Yuri would take the medicine.

Yuri let out a defeated sigh, “Okay, okay you got me. I hate medicine, I can’t stand its bitter taste. But I think I’m fine now, it’s okay if I don’t take the medicine.” 

Yoona scrunched her eyebrow in disagreement then a witty smile spread across her beautiful face as she looked at Yuri, “Lucky for you. This jar of medicine is specialized for people who hate bitter taste. Each pill in this jar tastes like a Korean meat-based dishes so that a patient like you would take the medicine willingly.” She said confidently while holding up the jar.

“Jeez, do I look like a ten-year-old to you? Do you really expect me to believe that? I’ve never heard of this kind of medicine before.” Yuri suspected. Of course no one was going to believe in Yoona’s weird medicine.

“It’s the truth though, you don’t believe me?”

Yuri shook her head with a knowing look on her face.

“Fine, I’ll take the medicine first and tell you how it tastes.”

Yoona opened the jar and took one pill out and popped it smoothly. She closed her eyes as she chewed the medicine thoroughly in . Looking like she was savoring the taste.

“How does it taste? How does it taste?” Yuri asked curiously.

“Hmm… this one tastes like Kobchang” Yoona said as she opened her eyes. She had this satisfied look on her face as if she just had a delicious meal.

Yuri raised her eyebrow, still not buying it. There was no way this white pill was so tasty like that.

“Still don’t believe me? Then I’ll try another one.” Yoona said while she popped another pill into without hesitation.

This time, she didn’t close her eyes but looking straight into Yuri’s eyes instead. She also chewed the pill thoroughly just like before.

“There’s no way…” Yuri said

“Bulgogi! Ah, I wish these pills were hot just like the meat then it would be perfect.”

“It’s really that tasty?”

“Of course, if it wasn’t tasty then why could I chew it like that? Come on, try it.” Yoona took a pill in her palm and handed it Yuri.

“I’m still not…” Yuri moved her head away from Yoona’s hand.

“Okay, another one.” Yoona said as she also popped the pill into . Chewing, swallowing it just like the first two.

“What is it this time?” Yuri said in excitement as she looked at Yoona’s satisfied expression.

“Hmm… this one has too much onion taste in it but it’s definitely Galbi.”

“Let me try one.” Yuri said as she took the jar away from Yoona’s hand as she took a pill out. Looking at the white pill in her hand, Yuri was still hesitant whether to take it or not. Then she moved her eyes to Yoona and saw the girl slowly nodding her head as if she assured her that it was okay. Yuri placed the pill in and slowly chewing it just like Yoona did a moment ago.

“Ah!! It’s so bitter.” Yuri yelped as she acknowledged the taste. 

Yuri shot up from her seat and was about to spit it out but Yoona had covered as she brought water for Yuri to swallow it. “Water, water. Just swallow it, you’ll be fine.”

Finally, the pill had gone all the way down Yuri’s throat.

“Yah! Why do you say it taste like Korean food? It was so bitter.” Yuri scolded Yoona for tricking her.

“Because it’s the only way to make you take the pill willingly.”

Yuri was still mad at Yoona for tricking her but when she thought that Yoona had to chew thoroughly these awful tasted medicine three times in total just to make her to take them, suddenly she felt something tugging her heart. Nicole had never done this for her, she would give up every time Yuri denied taking the medicine. Nicole never tricked her to take it like Yoona did.

“Hey, are you okay?” Yoona asked, worried as she looked at the still Yuri.

“Fine, I’m fine” Yuri replied as she snapped out of her own thoughts.

The familiar awkward silence returned to the room again.

“You…” They spoke at the same time.

“Uhm… you first, you’re the guest.” Yuri offered.

“Uh… tomorrow night, they’ll have a masquerade also a costume ball at the Royal Promenade. Uhm… and I thought that… maybe you’d like to go…” With me. Maybe you’d like to go with me. That was what she was trying to say. But she just had to stop mid-sentence like that. She asked herself where the confidence she had just a moment ago had gone at this important point. 

“I don’t know if I should go since I’m not used to those crowded places.” Yuri said.

“Please come, I’m sure you’ll have fun there.” Yoona said desperately.

Yuri found it was too hard to say ‘no’ to Yoona. As Yoona looked at her with those hopeful eyes of hers, Yuri started to melt bit by bit in that pair of doe-eye and soon found herself got carried away by those eyes. Unconsciously Yuri slowly nodded to Yoona’s request. It had been a long time since she wasn’t aware of what she was doing. Probably, this was her first time making a decision without thinking, just following what she was feeling, what her heart was telling her to do.

“Alright, that’s a promise. I’ll wait for you there.” Yoona quickly exclaimed so that Yuri didn’t have time to think about her decision again.

Another slight nod, Yuri looked like someone who just woke up from a really deep slumber.

“I guess I should go back to my room now. See you then.” Yoona said as she flashed a happy smile to Yuri then hastily zoomed out of the room before something unexpected happened.

The sound of the door slammed closed pulled Yuri out of her daydream. She let out a breath that she didn’t know she was holding. Yuri pressed a hand against her chest as an effort to control her abnormal heartbeat. What exactly had happened to her caused her heart to beat wildly inside her chest like this when she saw Yoona’s smile. Her heart never raced like this before not even when Nicole proposed to her or kissed her for the first time. Maybe she had a heart disease. Yes, that was right, a heart disease, she probably inherited it from her mother.

Yuri sat down on the sofa then she laid her eyes on the jar of medicines on the coffee table. Suddenly the bitter taste left in from the medicine that made her wanted to spit out just few seconds ago wasn’t so bitter anymore.

Another sleepless night for Yuri but it wasn’t because of that betrayer named Nicole.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Room A125 – Day 3

Yuri thought that it would take her at least two or three months maybe more to be able to get over Nicole and moved on with her life. But life is full of suprises. Her once miserable life without Nicole had changed since she met her, Im Yoona. 

There was nothing special about the first time they met, Yoona was just a person who had a good heart, willing to help her when she was in pain.

The second time was when she regained her consciousness and looked at Yoona’s face properly for the first time. Only one word to describe: Cute. Everything about this girl screamed the word ‘cute’, from her appearance to her behavior. The way her explaining the situation shyly to Yuri, the way her scratching the back of her neck, desperately looking for a topic to talk about, the way her avoiding eye contact with Yuri every time Yuri tried to look at her, the way her biting her lips after saying something, every little gestures Yoona did was slowly forming a little smile on Yuri’s face. The first smile she had after countless times crying for Nicole.

The third time, still that cute face, that shy smile and that flustered look. However things had changed when Yoona insisted on making her take the medicine. The shy and cute Yoona had replaced by a confident and witty Yoona. She still remembered how her attitudes changed the moment she tried to convince Yuri that those pills were actually tasted like Korean food. Kobchang, Bulgogi then Galbi. She couldn’t believe that she actually fell for that trick. There was one thing she had to admit, the confident Yoona was really charming.

Nicole was slipping out of her mind step-by-step thanks to Yoona’s presence.

Right now, her room was a total mess. Her clothes were everywhere around the room, on the floor, in the bathroom. Up until now, she hadn’t been able to pick out a suitable outfit for the ball yet. Honestly, she didn’t know what she should wear, which concept was good enough.

Yuri looked at the clock on the wall indicated it was 7:00pm already.

“Oh gosh, I’m gonna be so late.”

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Royal Promenade

Every five seconds Yoona would look at the clock was hanging on the wall. Ever since the moment Yoona stepped into this ball, her actions were just like a routine: looking at the clock, searching on the dance floor, feeling disappointed and then looking at the clock again.

It was already 7:30pm and Yuri was nowhere to be seen. Did she know when the masquerade was gonna begin? Did she know where the Royal Promenade was? Or the most important question: did she go to the ball or not?

Aish, if she knew this happened she would tell Yuri exactly the time when they would meet. At least she would have a timeline to base on. This was so hopeless.

Yoona let out a sigh in disappointment, Yuri probably wouldn’t come tonight. Didn’t she say that she didn’t like crowded place? Yoona just blamed herself for being a coward and not asking Yuri to go with her in a more decent way.

Just when Yoona thought that Yuri would never come, a figure looking lost on the dance floor wearing a long black strapless dress caught her attention. Even though that figure was wearing a mask, everyone in this ball was wearing a mask but Yoona was certain that it was Yuri, the one she had been waiting for all night long.

Yoona slowly made her way through the crowd to Yuri. When she was about to tap Yuri’s shoulder to announce her presence, someone else was one step ahead of her.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! Is that you?”

Yuri turned around to the source of the familiar voice. She took off her mask to have a good view of the person in front of her. The poor lighting in the ball was not helping Yuri to recognize the girl at all. 

The girl let out a soft laugh when Yuri didn’t recognize her, she also took off her mask to let Yuri look at her.

“Victoria Song?” Yuri addressed the girl, unsure.

“It’s such an honor that you still remember me.” The girl named Victoria said in a mock tone.

Out of all people, Yuri just had to meet Victoria again on this cruise ship. The girl she hated the most when she was still in college who was always full of herself and looked down on others. Seriously, she had to take note the name of this cruise ship so that she would never went on the same one again.

“The honor is all mines.” Yuri said as she put on a fakest smile ever.

“You come here alone?” Victoria said as she tighten her grip on the girl’s arm who was standing next to her as if she wanted to show off she was the only one who had a partner.

“Uh…I…” Yuri wasn’t sure what to say. It wasn’t like she came here with Yoona, the girl only told her there was a costume ball, never asked her to be her partner.

“Something will never change, eh? Still the lonely Yuri… I see.” Victoria said with a satisfied smile on her face, “Let me introduce. This is my girlfriend, Amber Liu.”

“Hi…” The girl named Amber greeted in English as she waved her hand once like a cool gesture to greet Yuri.

Before Yuri could say anything, she felt an arm snaking its way around her tiny waist, pulling her closer to its owner.

“Baby, where are you going? I’ve been looking for you all night long. Didn’t I tell you not to leave my side?” Yoona sweetly told Yuri as she pinched the girl’s nose slightly. Her arm still had a firm grip around Yuri’s waist. From a passerby’s point of view, they really looked like a couple who were madly in love with each other. Done her romantic act, Yoona turned to the couple who was looking at them with wide eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t notice you there.” Yoona apologized as if she only noticed them standing there just now, “Are they your friends, baby?” Yoona asked Yuri who still hadn’t been able to awake from her daydream yet. There was only one thing she was aware of: the shiver down her back every time Yoona called her ‘baby’.

For Yoona’s question, she just simply nodded as an answer.

Yoona smiled when she saw that Yuri also acted along with her plan, “Hi… I’m Im Yoona, Yuri’s girlfriend. It’s really nice to meet Yuri’s old friend.” Yoona outstretched her hand as she offered them a handshake.

Amber was the first to take the handshake, she raised her eyebrow as if she was thinking about something really important.

“How long have you been together?” Victoria said while shaking Yoona’s hand.

“Not too long ago but does the time really matter if I’ve already fallen deeply in love with her the moment I first met her?” Yoona said like it was a matter of fact.

Inside Victoria was boiling with jealousy. How could someone like Kwon Yuri make this beautiful girl fall madly in love with her and not afraid of showing the others how she felt?

“Ah! That’s why you look really familiar, you’re Im Yoona the next heiress of the Im Corporation, aren’t you?” Amber exclaimed excitedly out of nowhere, cut short Yoona and Victoria’s conversation.

Yuri looked at Yoona in amazement. This was the first information she knew about Yoona’s background and it was also a very shocking one. So she was ‘the Im Yoona’, at first she thought that someone who had the same name. Meanwhile, Yoona didn’t confirm or deny, because if this girl knew who Yoona really was she probably knew which situation she was currently in.

“Are you sure she was the next heiress of the Im Corporation?” Victoria asked again in disbelief to confirm.

“Yes, I’m sure. But… didn’t the Im Corporation just announce their bankruptcy 3 or 4 days ago?”

“Bankrupt?” Victoria put a despised smirk on her face as she looked at Yoona.

One shocking fact after another, Yoona was the heiress of the Im Corporation then the next thing she knew that Corporation already went bankrupted. She really needed to stop working so hard and started paying attention to Korea news. Yuri didn’t notice what Yoona was feeling until she felt the girl unconsciously loosened the grip around her waist. Something was telling Yuri that Yoona was losing her confidence. Yoona felt that she wasn’t good enough to be Yuri’s dream-like girlfriend anymore.

Before Yoona could completely remove her arm around Yuri’s waist, Yuri quickly took her hand and placed it back around her waist, keeping a firm hold on Yoona’s arm, stop it from detaching itself from her waist.

Upon Yuri’s action, Yoona looked at her with her confused eyes. Yuri was acting like she could understand what was on Yoona’s mind. Her action meant that Yoona had to believe in her, right?

Yuri stood straight, facing Victoria, “So? It’s not like I love her because of her father’s fortune. I love her for whom she truly is, it doesn’t matter to me if she doesn’t have anything in her pocket at this moment. As long as she still had her confidence, hopes and beliefs, I trust her that one day she will recover her father’s business just like it was in its glory. And I, being her girlfriend, will stay by her side, showing supports whenever she feels like needed them. That’s what true love all about and I doubt that you even know the meaning of true love is.”

Yoona was stunned. Never in her wildest dream would she think that she could find the comfort and support she had been desperately looking for since her father’s bankruptcy from the person who she just met less than 3 days ago. Even if her words probably were just an act, she’d choose to blindly think that Yuri meant every word she said. At this moment, she felt like Yuri was the only one she could rely on, someone she could place all her trust in completely.

Amber kept on looking from left to right as Yuri and Victoria sending each other death glare. Anyone passing by could see the thick tension surrounded these two ‘old friends’. In order to change the mood Amber coughed a few times before speaking, “How about all of us going for a dance? What’s the point of going to a ball if none of us is dancing?” She suggested.

An evil smile spread across Victoria’s face as she approved of Amber’s suggestion, “Yeah, right. Why don’t we have a dance, Yuri?”

Yuri stayed silent. The speakers were playing a slow song at the moment. It meant that they had no choice but to do a waltz. God knew that Yuri didn’t know one bit about waltzing, she either stepped on her partner’s foot or pulling both of them falling on the dance floor.

The smile on Victoria’s face was clearer by seconds as Yuri didn’t say anything, “Oh… That’s so rude of me. I totally forgot that you didn’t know how to waltz.” 

Yuri let out a snort, there was no way Victoria forgot about her limited knowledge about waltzing. She was just simply trying to find another way to humiliate her.

“That’s not the case anymore. Now, Yuri does know how to waltz.” Yoona’s voice caught Yuri in surprise, “Come on, baby. Let’s show them how good you are at waltzing.” Yoona said as she pulled Yuri to the dance floor.

While being pulled to the dance floor by Yoona, Yuri tried her best to whisper in Yoona’s ear in a low voice, “Yah, I really don’t know how to waltz.”

“Trust me.” Simply two words Yoona said.

It was funny how Yoona asked Yuri to trust her when just yesterday she tricked the girl into believing the medicine actually tasted like Korean food. It was even funnier that after hearing those two words Yuri could actually put her trust in Yoona and was about to do the thing that she promised herself to refuse doing at all costs.

They were now standing in the middle of the dance floor, not moving an inch from their position while couples around them were waltzing beautifully.

“What now?” Yuri asked in low voice, wasn’t sure what to do.

“Step on my foot.” Yoona suggested also in a low voice, seriousness written on her face.

“What? Why?” Yuri asked as if Yoona was insane. She thought that Yoona was aware of the fact that she was wearing high heels.

“Come on, just do it.” Yoona urged.

Even though Yuri wasn’t sure of what Yoona had in mind, she just followed her instruction anyway. Yuri stepped on Yoona’s foot in her killer heels with full force. Yoona immediately flung her foot as a reflex while looking at Yuri with wide eyes. Despite it hurt as hell but Yoona didn’t scream or yelp in pain. She needed to hold back since the last thing she wanted was Victoria and Amber noticed Yuri didn’t know how to waltz.

“Ahhhh…” Yoona dragged the word as long as possible in the lowest voice to refrain her from screaming, “What are you doing?” She asked Yuri, couldn’t hide the upset in her voice.

“Step on your foot like you told me to.” Yuri said. What was wrong with Yoona? Yuri just did what she told her to do yet she looked really mad about it.

“Not literally stepping on my foot like this.”

“Then what do you mean?”

Yoona didn’t say anything instead she slid her now injured foot under Yuri’s high heels. The sole part of Yuri’s high heel was on Yoona’s flat shoe and the heel part was on the floor.

“I mean gently step on my foot like this.”

Yuri nodded understanding as she mouthed a ‘sorry’ to Yoona. Then she did the same thing with her other foot. Yuri started to have a slight idea about what Yoona was doing.

Then they started waltzing around the dance floor or more precisely Yoona was waltzing and Yuri was tagging along. The only thing that Yuri had to do while dancing was keep her foot stable on Yoona’s then they would just dance beautifully around the dance floor just like the other couples.

Victoria looked at them with hang opened. Once again, she lost in the battle which she started herself. She angrily dragged Amber out of the dance floor and exited the ball.

However, the more they danced, the more attention was drawing to them. Yuri and Yoona got lost in their own world that they didn’t notice everyone’s eyes were on them now.

“Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?” Yoona said the thing she should have said the first moment she saw Yuri stepped into the ball.

Yuri felt a sudden heat rushed to her cheek as she muttered a small thank-you.

Their happy moment didn’t last long until the random chatter in the background getting louder and louder by every minute. Most of them were talking about Yoona’s current status.

“Isn’t she Im Yoona?”

“Yeah, it must be her. Did she really think that the mask could hide her face?”

“I heard her father’s business just went bankrupt about 3, 4 days ago?”

“Tsk, tsk and she still had the mood to dance? What a good daughter.”

“Don’t you know that her nickname is heartless spoiled princess? That’s what she’s supposed to do.”

Yuri wished there was something or someone could stop these annoying gossips around them. The noise was giving her a serious headache yet Yoona didn’t say or do anything to react to those cruel talks. Except one thing Yoona did to Yuri: she moved her head away from Yuri, not looking Yuri in the eyes like before.

Yuri found it hard to believe how Yoona’s confidence could sink down to the very bottom whenever the subject involved her dad’s business came up. Even though, this time she didn’t loosen her grip around Yuri’s waist but she avoided eye contact. After everything they’d been through tonight, couldn’t Yoona get the idea that Yuri didn’t really mind her background or status?

“Stop.” Yuri said loud enough for only Yoona to hear, causing the latter to halt their dancing. She stepped down from Yoona’s foot so that she could stand stably on the floor in front of Yoona. 

Those two days, Yuri had to thank Yoona for appearing in her life, when she was in the most devastated state. Thanks Yoona for bringing back the smile which Yuri thought that it would be gone forever since the day Nicole broke up with her. Everything Yoona did for her, it was not much till this time but it meant the world to her and Yuri was truly grateful for that. And this was about damn time Yuri had to repay Yoona for everything she had done.

Yuri grabbed Yoona’s face as both of her hand covered Yoona’s ear completely and forced the latter to look at her, their eyes fixed on each other’s.

“You said you love me right? Then only look at me.”

Then Yuri did the only thing she had in mind in order to shut those filthy mouths around her. She captured Yoona’s lips, neither gently nor slowly but hungrily and passionately in the middle of the dance floor when everyone was looking at them.

Frankly, Yoona’s mind had already stopped functioning the moment Yuri told her to look in her eyes. Had she mentioned how beautiful those eyes looked before? She did, didn’t she? But now, those eyes gave off a totally different feeling, no more sadness. Instead, Yoona saw trust and hope maybe a little caring in Yuri’s eyes. And Yoona loved these feelings in her eyes way better those old ones.

While Yoona was busy thinking about Yuri’s beautiful eyes, the next thing she knew Yuri’s lips had already pressed hard against hers. Desperately asking for an entrance which was only the beginning of their passionate kiss and Yoona was more than willingly granted it. Yoona pulled the girl closer to her body, using the arm which had been on Yuri’s waist the entire time. The kiss just got hotter and hotter every second.

Just like Yuri expected, those people surrounding them started to walk away one by one. None of them wanted to watch such an intimate moment between the couple.

Yuri’s initial plan was kissing Yoona until everyone had walked away then she would pulled back. However till this point, no one was looking at them yet Yuri was still kissing Yoona senseless. Naturally and slowly, Yuri found herself lost in the kiss which she started on her own. Her hand was no longer covered Yoona’s ear but wrapped around the latter’s neck instead. She realized that she didn’t know how to stop it and didn’t want to do that either.

Yuri swore to God that she didn’t have any other intentions in mind except keeping those people away from Yoona when she kissed. But when their lips met and the way Yoona’s lips felt so good on her, suddenly there was another urgent need was formed in Yuri’s head which she needed to fulfill as soon as possible rather than the first intention. She wanted Yoona.

Didn’t know if it was fortunate or unfortunate but their intimate moment lasted shorter than they thought as a deafening sound came from the speaker in order to get the entire guest’s attention brought them back to reality, made them had no choice but to pull away from each other.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attentions please? We’ll have a special course for tonight.” The MC standing on the stage spoke to the micro announced his presence followed by a round of applause came from the guest.

Breathless, flustered but still couldn’t take their eyes off each other. Of course, they didn’t pay attention to the person who was standing on the stage either. Their eyes were only for each other and no one else.

“Let’s get out of here.” Yoona whispered sweetly into Yuri’s ear and received a nod from the latter as an answer.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Deck 15

They were now standing on the deck where they first met, staying silent, enjoying each other’s company. Honestly, they didn’t know how to start a conversation after what happened. However, the awkward silence usually surfaced every time they didn’t say anything was now replaced by a surprisingly comfortable one fell over them.

“What they said was true though. I am a heartless spoiled princess.” Yoona suddenly broke the silence. She was leaning against the handrail for support while staring out at the sea.
Yuri keep on staying silent, she wasn’t sure what to say at this moment. It was the best if she let Yoona let out everything she’d been keeping inside.

“Ever since I was born, I didn’t have to lift a finger to do anything I want. Whatever I want, whoever I want I can get with only a snap of my fingers. I’m Im Yoona, the only daughter of the Im Corporation’s founder who was in top 3 millionaires in Korea. The future road I’ll take have been arranged by my father, I’ll be the next one to sit in his throne. But you know what Yuri? I’m just careless of that throne. At the age of thirteen, I already know how to talk back to my father, I didn’t like it whenever I was about to do something he always say ‘no’.”

Yoona paused for a moment as she recalled the first time she had a fight with her father.

“As I get older, I started to argue with him whenever I saw him, always do the opposite of what he wants me to do. He wants me to major in Business; I choose to major in Languages and linguistics. He told me to go with him to the company every morning to get to know the way they work, I will stay overnight at some hotel. Soon, he gives up on me. And he started to train his assistant, Ok Teacyeon. Not long after, Teacyeon could do all the work my father assigned him to do; he can live up to my father’s expectation. There’s only one thing that my father didn’t expect: Teacyeon was the one stands behind all the schemes taking everything from my father’s hand, everything my father had been working hard for.” 

Yoona let out a deep sigh. She had never told anyone what she’d been feeling since she was young. But now Yuri, someone she just met for 3 days, was standing beside her and she was ready to tell her everything.

“I know that Teacyeon was planning something, Yuri-yah. But what can I do to stop him? I don’t know anything about that company, not even where the mailbox is. Just like I expected, that day has come, the day my father announced his company’s bankruptcy. And I’m being a coward like I always am, going on this cruise ship to avoid the public eye like how my butler advised me to do.”

Yuri slowly took in everything Yoona just told her. Something was telling Yuri that Yoona had confided something that she hadn’t told anyone before in her. At this moment, Yuri should focus on thinking of a way to encourage Yoona but she couldn’t help but smiling to herself, feeling happy that she could be someone Yoona could rely on.

“I lost everything Yuri-yah. Those friends who used to follow me around everywhere don’t even pick up my calls now. It seems like everything changes when the throne which I always despise isn’t available for me anymore.”

“Did you cry after all of this happens?” Yuri asked the question out of the nowhere.

Yoona was stunned for a moment. Normally, when someone confided something like this, the reaction was supposed to be ‘It’s okay, everything’s gonna be fine’ or maybe say something similar to that, assure Yoona that everything was gonna be okay when they know things wouldn’t be okay like they said themselves.

“Cry?”

“Yeah, crying. Don’t you know crying is the best way to lighten up your mood? Shedding tears doesn’t mean that you’re weak or a loser but it means that you’re human who has feelings. Life is just that easy if you laugh when you’re happy, cry when you’re sad. There’s no point in hiding your emotions.”

Hiding her emotions was what Yoona was really good at if she didn’t want to say that she was the best. She couldn’t remember when the last time she cried was. The refresh feeling after crying was something she never experienced. The truth was she really wanted to cry after everything happened, to let her emotion out but every time she was about to, something was holding her back and she wasn’t sure what it is. 

“You didn’t, did you?” Yuri smiled warmly at Yoona then she turned her head from left to right like she was looking for something. “There was no one here at this hour. Trust me, this’s the perfect place to cry.”

Yoona looked dumbfounded. Suddenly Yuri just asked her to cry as if it was the most normal thing to do at this moment.

“Don’t worry, no one will know. Just pretend that I’m not here.” Yuri said as she turned around, back facing Yoona, waiting for the latter to cry.

“You know, the last time I cried was not too long ago. I w-” Yuri stopped talking when she saw a pair of arms hugging her from behind. Her entire body stiffened as she felt the heat from Yoona’s cheek was warming her cold back since the wind was blowing strongly on the deck. Soon after, the back of her dress was soaked because of Yoona’s tears and the sound of crying was getting louder and louder. 

Yuri had to bite on her lips to stop her from giggling because if she did she would be totally rude to Yoona. Blame this on Yoona though, Yuri had never heard someone cried like her, sounded just like a child who just got stolen her favorite candy.

Little did Yuri know, those tears were falling meant everything to Yoona. This was the first time Yoona cried in front of somebody, the first time she let her guard down, the guard which she had been building for years around her, the first time she trusted someone else except herself this much also the first time she let someone have a hold of her heart completely.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Room A125 – Day 4

Knock, knock.

Knock, knock.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Coming, coming!” Yuri shouted from afar, she was wearing only a robe since she just got out of her morning shower. She still kept the towel on her head since she hadn’t dried her hair yet.

Yuri opened the door to find that Yoona was standing outside, waiting for her.

“Hi, Yu-” Yoona stopped mid-sentence as her eyes took in what Yuri was wearing or more frankly not wearing. She couldn’t stop the heat was rushing to her cheek as some weird thoughts popped into her head.

“Hi, Yoona.” Yuri greeted the latter brightly. They had decided to drop honorifics after what happened yesterday.

Instead of saying something like a normal greeting, Yoona just waved her hand to greet Yuri.

“Come in.” Yuri said as she moved away from the doorway to let Yoona in.

“Have a seat, I’ll be done in a minute and we’ll get going.” Yuri smiled brightly at Yoona.

Today, they would be hanging out at an amusement park in L.A just like Yuri suggested yesterday. Amusement park is the best place to release your stress these days. Two people, hanging out, having fun, enjoying each other’s company and surely there would be kissing sometimes later or something more than that. You could consider it a date if you want. In case if you are wondering, they weren’t an official couple…yet.

The smell of Yuri’s fresh shampoo filled the entire living room. Yoona really didn’t want to look like a ert in front of Yuri but seriously this intoxicated smell wasn’t helping her at all. Yoona shook her head furiously in attempt to clear some inappropriate thoughts in her head.

“Yoona, are you okay?” Yuri asked, concerned when she saw Yoona’s odd behavior.

“Huh? Ah…uh…I’m fine.” Yoona looked at Yuri who was wearing a white shirt and gray shorts, showing off her long legs.

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go.”

&&&&&&

L.A – Disneyland

“Come on, Yuri let’s ride this.” Yoona suggested excitedly as she pointed at the ride in front of her.

Yuri tilted her head back to look at the roller coaster ride in front of her. Maybe she was wrong for suggesting going to an amusement park because going to this kind of place the roller coaster was number one on the must-ride list for someone like Yoona.

“Uhm… You can go ahead on this one first. I’ll join you in later rides.” Yuri said.

“Are you scared? Don’t worry, I’ll let you hold my hand when we are on the ride. Go, go!” Yoona encouraged, thrilling ride was the thing she loved the most about amusement park.

“Believe me, I want to but I really can’t…” Yuri said in a low tone.

“Why?”

Yuri let out a deep sigh, it was time to make yet another embarrassed confession to Yoona.

“I have a fear of height.”

“Oh.” Was the only word Yoona could voice out at this moment as disappointment washed over her. Most of the thrilling rides were flung in the air, how could Yuri ride them with her if she had a fear of height?

Feeling like she had ruined Yoona’s excited mood, Yuri pushed Yoona to the line where they were waiting for their turn while saying, “Just go in line and wait for the ride, I’ll stay here and take your picture while you’re up there. We won’t have any picture if both of us are up there you know?” Seeing that Yoona was in the line, Yuri quickly ran away as she waved to Yoona, telling her that she would wait till Yoona had finished the ride.

As soon as Yoona was out of her sight, the bright expression on her face was replaced by a depressed one. Yuri let out a deep sigh. This was just only the beginning of their first considerable date and she already let Yoona down. Scratch that. Only the beginning of their date and she had to leave Yoona’s side was more like what she was feeling.

“You look really sad, what happened?” A voice asked her from behind.

“Yeah, I felt like I-” Yuri stopped herself as something suddenly hit her that voice belonged to none other than…

“Yoona!” Yuri addressed the person behind her as she turned around.

“Well, I don’t feel like riding the roller coaster anymore. How about playing bumper cars? I love that game.” Yoona finished her suggestion with a smile on her face.

Yuri nodded eagerly as she couldn’t stop the smile spreading across her face growing wider and wider. Another thing appeared on her already long thank-Yoona list.

&&&&&&

Bumper cars, the merry-go-around, teacups ride, breakdance ride and so on in short, they played anything that the children under 12 were allowed to play. Those rides were the things that Yoona didn’t have half an eye on when she went to amusement park. There were so many more scary rides waiting for her, ten times more exciting. 

Yet Yoona didn’t feel as boring as she thought it would be. The reason? Definitely not because those ride were exciting but because of her. Kwon Yuri. She enjoyed every minute of each ride since she had Yuri beside her, laughed with her when something funny happened, busily controlled her heartbeat whenever Yuri accidentally touched her hand or any other part on her body. She thinks that there none other ride in this amusement park is more exciting than the Kwon Yuri ride.

“Do you want some ice-cream?” Yoona asked as they passed the ice-cream booth and earned a nod from Yuri in return.

“I want mint chocolate flavor.”

“Got it.” Yoona said as she ran to the ice-cream booth to buy them.

While waiting for Yoona to buy the ice cream, Yuri found a bench and sat on it, her feet were killing at this moment. That was something unique about going to the amusement park, half the time you spent playing those games, the other half you spent walking to the destination.

“Here you are.” Yoona handed Yuri the ice-cream as she sat down next to the latter.
They stayed silent, enjoying their ice-cream, lost in their own thoughts.

“Do you know what I really want to do right now?” Yoona was the first to break the silence.
Yuri moved her head to look at Yoona who was still staring front blankly. She followed Yoona’s gaze and finally something caught her eye.

“Riding that?” Yuri said as she pointed at the Frisbee ride in front of them.
Yoona let out a soft chuckle as she shook her head slightly, “No.”

“Hmm… then what?”

“Walking on this main street, holding Yuri’s hand just like a happy couple.” Yoona said still staring front blankly.

Yuri blushed as she smile shyly and dropping her head to look at her intertwined hands, she always intertwined her hands whenever she felt nervous, “What’s stopping you from holding her hand then?” Yuri asked, played along with Yoona’s little game.

“I’m not sure…” Yoona answered, didn’t move one inch from her spot.

Yuri was slightly disappointed in Yoona’s answer, unconsciously pouting her lips. She expected the girl to say something else or maybe do something.

Yoona let out yet another chuckle as she turned to look at Yuri, this girl really couldn’t hide her emotions. Yoona stood up from her spot, moved in front of Yuri and dropped down on one knee, placed one hand on Yuri’s knee for support.

“Maybe because she’d rather intertwine her own hands rather than hold my hand.” Yoona tilted her head to the right so that she could look in Yuri’s eyes with a smile on face.

Yuri smiled while thinking to herself ‘That’s what I thought’. She bit her lips while saying, “Then why don’t you untwine her hands yourself?”

“You really think that I should do that?” Yoona asked as seeing Yuri nodded slightly.

Smiling to herself, Yoona slowly untwine Yuri’s hands. Yuri just stayed still, let Yoona do whatever she wanted to her hands. Just when Yuri thought that Yoona would hold her hand, Yoona stood up with her hand still on Yuri’s lap. Her voice caught the latter in surprise.

“But I don’t think so.” Yoona teased the nervous girl.

Yuri immediately looked up to scold Yoona for teasing her, “Yah! Yoona, yo-”

However Yuri didn’t get to finish her sentence when Yoona had bent down, captured her lips, kissing her ever so gently while intertwine their hands at the same time. Pulling back just a little so that the tips of her nose still touched Yuri’s, she asked the latter breathlessly “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Yuri didn’t say anything instead she used her other hand to pull Yoona in for another kiss.

Needless to say, that was definitely a ‘yes’.

&&&&&&

“We really have to do something to celebrate this day.” Yoona suggested as she walked with their hands intertwined along the street.

“What do you want to do?” Yuri asked.

“Hmm… let me think.” Yoona brought their intertwined hands up to her chin, thinking seriously.

“How about doing something for the first time in your life?”

“Don’t tell me…”

“Yes, we’ll go on the Ferris wheel.” Yoona suggested excitedly.

“That won’t work. I told you I have a fear of height. Every time I look down my hands and legs turned into jelly or maybe fainting.”

“Come on, the Ferris wheel isn’t something so scary. I’ll hug you and kiss away your fears. Just trust me like you did at the dance.”

Looking in Yoona’s hopeful eyes, Yuri had no choice but to sigh in defeated, “Fine.”

Yoona squealed as she clapped her hands excitedly, “Yay!!!”

Yoona dragged Yuri to run to the Ferris wheel turned out it was unlucky for Yoona but lucky for Yuri. Under the ride, there was a sign ‘Under Maintenance’.

“Looks like luck is on my side now.” Yuri grinned in victory.

“Jeezz.”

“Come on, let’s go on the other rides.”

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Room A125

“Thanks, I’m having a great time today.” Yuri said as they stood at her doorway.

“That’s what I supposed to do for my girlfriend, right?” Yoona grinned.

This was about the right time they bid goodbye to each other and went back to their own room. But somehow Yoona didn’t want to go back to her lonely room, she wanted to stay here, just a little bit longer.

“Uhm… don’t you want to invite me in and have a glass of wine or something?”

“Of course, why not?” Yuri said. Yoona’s suggestion was also what she wanted.

Yoona slid herself in before sat herself comfortably on the sofa, waiting for Yuri.

Yuri stood in the kitchen, taking a deep breath in. She didn’t know why she was so nervous when Yoona was in her room this late night. It was dangerous, not Yoona but she is. She couldn’t control her feelings around Yoona. She had lost the hold on her feelings for a long time ago, since she first saw Yoona’s smile.

Yoona came back out with a bottle of champagne and two glasses in her hand. Naturally she sat down next to Yoona as she poured the wine into the glasses.

They drank around 3 or 4 glasses before Yoona raised the glasses in front of her eyes, a mischievous smile appeared on her face, “You know, when you invited me in here for the first time we also had our drinks just like this. That was when we were still strangers to each other. But now, we are a couple and you’re my girlfriend, this’s not how I picture we have our drinks together.”

Yuri scrunched her eyebrow in confusion, “What do you mean?”

“I meant together, literally.” Yoona took a sip of wine then turned to Yuri and pressed her lips on the clueless girl’s ones, making Yuri tasted the wine.

This was definitely not the first time Yoona kissed her but she couldn’t stop the butterflies erupted in her stomach every time she did so. Yoona was able to do this to her multiple times while Nicole hadn’t even succeeded once.

Finished tasting the wine together, Yoona was about to pull back but she found herself trapped in Yuri’s arm. The girl showed no sign of stopping. Who was Yoona to reject such an offer? Yuri would get what she wanted right here, right now.

Yoona laid Yuri down gently on the sofa, their lips never separated. Yuri’s arm wrapped arounf her neck. She Yuri’s bottom lips, desperately asking for an entrance and soon Yuri granted it, allow Yoona’s tongue to explore . They were going with the flow of their feelings, emotions, passions and maybe lusts. However, unlike their first kiss at the dance, Yoona wanted to take this kiss slowly to show Yuri something else, she wanted to show Yuri her love.

Yuri wasn’t thinking properly anymore, all that she knew at this moment was she didn’t want Yoona to stop what she was doing to her because it felt so right, so strong. She knew that sooner or later she would give in everything she had for Yoona someone she met for 4 days and her girlfriend for just 5 hours. The things that she thought she would save for Nicole, her ex-girlfriend for 4 years, the first night after they got married.

Yoona broke their heated kiss, trailing her lips down Yuri’s neck while moving the fabric of Yuri’s shirt aside, let her shoulder exposed to Yoona’s eyes. Then Yoona slowly ed Yuri’s shirt one by one, decided to take their speedy relationship to the next level.

After the third button was undone as a cold breeze hit her, knocking some sense into Yuri’s head. She only knew Yoona for 4 days, 4 heavenly days if she were to say but was this a little bit too fast? Yoona hadn’t told her she liked her or anything and she certainly didn’t want to be another fling in Yoona’s life. She wasn’t that kind of girl. Before Yoona could do anything else to her, Yuri took the latter’s hand in hers to halt what she was doing.

“Wait…” Yuri breathlessly said.

Yoona raised her head up from Yuri’s neck, looking at her with confused eyes.

“I’m…” Yuri was pondering what she should say in order not to hurt Yoona’s pride, “This is my first time, I’m really… not that kind of girl.” 

Immediately understood what kind of girl Yuri was referring to, Yoona raised the hand which Yuri was holding up to cup her cheek gently as she smiled at her, “Don’t worry, I know. I’m not that kind of girl either.”

Unconsciously Yuri loosened her grip on Yoona’s hand, hastily nodding her head.

Instead of continuing what she previously did, Yoona lowered her head to kiss Yuri’s cheek all the way to her ear, whispering to her “Thanks for reminding me or else what we’re about to do won’t mean as much as I want it to be. Please note that what I’m going to say come from the bottom of my heart, not in the heat of this moment.” Yoona paused for few seconds before saying what she was supposed to say at the beginning, “I love you.”

Those three words, eight letters never sounded so beautiful to her ears before. She shouldn’t doubt Yoona’s feelings for her at all. But now wasn’t the time for her to think but to feel Yoona’s love for her.

Yuri pulled Yoona’s head in for a long passionate kiss before their hands started undressing each other. Soon after, all of their clothes were dropped on the floors. And the sounds of them and calling each other’s name were heard in the room.

&&&&&&

Yoona awoke in the middle of the night, suddenly aware that the heat next to her was no longer there. She immediately shot up from her lying position, her eyes were searching in the darkness for certain tanned girl. There she was, standing motionless on the balcony, wearing a bathrobe, leaning against the handrail, her chin rested in her palm and staring out at the sea. Yoona couldn’t read the expression on her face, was she regretting what happened between them? That was the last thing she wanted.

Yoona reached out for the robe which was hanging on the valet next to their bed. She slipped the robe on her self before joining Yuri on the balcony. She s her arms around Yuri’s waist, hugging her from behind, pulling the latter as close as possible to her. She rested her chin on Yuri’s shoulder before whispering in her ear, “You left me alone in bed.” 

Yuri wasn’t startled when Yoona hugged her from behind because she had recognized the scent which she had gotten used to the last few days, “Sorry, I can’t sleep.”

“What are you thinking?” Yoona asked.

Yuri thought for a moment before replying, “You…me...us.”

A silly smile crept up on her face for Yoona’s face as she listened to Yuri’s voice, the sweetest sound ever. But still there was something bothering her, made her felt insecure about their relationship. Yuri hadn’t said it. It was true that Yuri said this was her first time, if Yuri didn’t feel something special for her they wouldn’t have done anything in the first place.

Still, what if she was regretting what they just did? What if Yuri just did it in the heat of the moment? What if Yuri’s love for her wasn’t as strong as she wanted it to be? Or even worse, what if Yuri didn’t love her?

Yoona took a deep breath, taking in Yuri’s scent. Her scent had a magical power that calmed Yoona’s nerves.

“Yuri-yah…” She called her in a soft tone.

“Hmm?”

“Are you having regrets?”

Regrets? No, she didn’t. How could she regret something was wonderful between them? She was just thinking. A lot. But certainly not regretting.

“No, I don’t and I won’t.” Yuri turned her head to the side where Yoona was resting her chin on her shoulder, “Because I love you.”

Helplessly Yuri reached out to Yoona, the person whom she couldn’t control her feelings when she was around, capturing her lips. Yoona also gathered Yuri closer in her embrace, her hands found their way to Yuri’s robe’s knot to untie it, let the robe fell down on the floor, exposing the girl’s slender body. And they spent the rest of the night making hot love to each other.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Room A125 – Day 5

Yuri woke up to the sun in her face. She raised her hand over her face to block the sunlight from blinding her vision. She looked at the clock placed on the bedside table on the left which indicated it was already 1:30pm. She never slept till this late hour, must have been too tired.

Tired?

Yuri shot up from her bed as she clutched the bed sheet securely around her chest. Where was Yoona? Then she saw a yellow note placed underneath the alarm clock. It must have been left by Yoona.

‘Good morning, sunshine!

Though when read this note it’s probably noon already.
I tried to wake you up earlier but you just slept like a log. Maybe you’re too tired.
Sorry if I was being too rough last night, blame this on yourself though. =P
Anyway, you’re gonna miss me, babe ‘cause I won’t be seeing you till tomorrow.
I have something really special prepared for you.
Tomorrow night, at 7:00pm, let’s meet at the Theater on deck Four. I’ve already reserved your seat.

Love.

Yoona’

“Jeez, who said I’m gonna miss you? Dare to leave me alone in bed after saying that you love me. There was no way in hell I’m gonna miss you. Not gonna miss you at all.” Yuri said aloud to no one in particular.

She let out a deep sigh before getting out of bed, still clutching the bed sheet around her while she made her way to the bathroom. She realized there was also a yellow note just like the one on the bedside table stuck on the mirror.

‘Hi!!! It’s me again =D

I wrote this note because I’m not sure if you saw the first one so...
Anyway I left a note for you on the bedside table, make sure you read it.

p.s: It’s under the alarm clock.

p.s 2: I miss you already. :(

Yoona’

Yuri let out a chuckle as she finished reading the note, “I miss you too, silly.”

Yuri brushed her teeth, washed her face and got ready for a new day. She walked to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast or her lunch to be exact since it was noon already. And again, she let out a soft chuckle when she saw a yellow note stick on the refrigerator. Make her wonder how many notes was she gonna find around her room.

Now she knew the real feeling of missing someone like.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – The Theater - Day 6

Yuri looked from left to right in the theater to find the person she had been missing like crazy. Since when she had gotten used to Yoona’s company she wasn’t sure but one thing she knew for sure, yesterday without Yoona had been torturing to her. She missed her smile, her kiss, her touch everything about Yoona made Yuri missed her.

‘Aish, why didn’t she tell me the number of her seat’s reservation? How am I gonna find it now?’ Yuri thought to herself.

“Excuse me miss? Are you Kwon Yuri-sshi?” A voice from behind Yuri asked her.

“Yes, I am.”

“Oh, Yoona-sshi has arranged a seat for you, please follow me.”

Yuri followed the young man as he led her to sit at the front seat in the center. And the show started. At first, Yuri thought Yoona was gonna sit beside her but turned out next to either side of her was two strangers. She wondered what Yoona was planning for her. Just do it already this waiting was driving her crazy.

The show was about to end and Yoona was nowhere to be seen. Yuri didn’t pay one bit attention to the performers. She kept looking back and forth, searching for a certain girl in her mind.

“Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we’ll have a special piano performance from one of the guests going on this cruise ship. Let’s have a round of applause for her.” The MC standing on the stage announced.

Then he ran behind the curtains, leaving the stage for the next performer. A white piano slowly surfaced in the middle of the stage. The spotlight started to move to the side of the stage. And there she was, the person Yuri had been looking all night long was standing on the stage in a white tuxedo matched the piano.

Yoona walked to the center of the stage, her eyes was on only one person in this huge theater. She bowed before approaching the piano. Yoona took a deep breath in fixed the micro and placed her hands on the piano ready to perform and the background music started playing.

Complete - SNSD

“Good morning Your morning call that wakes me up everyday
It feels like a morning we share together


You are more sweeter
Than the pretty candy you gave to me like in a movie


Although as time passes, we may change
Let's not let go of our hands
Just for love
Let's let this be our last love forever
I wish for that


Your love is just too precious
Oh it's true If we just look at each other
I want to be by yourself”

Yoona stood up from her seat, slowly walking off the stage, approaching to the one and only place in her mind. 

“Although as time passes, we may change
Let's not let go of our hands
Just for love
Let's let this be our last love forever
I wish for that”

Now standing in front of Yuri, Yoona dropped down on one knee, just like the time when she asked Yuri to be her girlfriend as she finished the song.

“To make my life complete
You make my life complete”

Everyone around them applauded loudly for such a wonderful performance. But for Yoona and Yuri this wasn’t the end.

“I know our time getting to know each other isn’t like a normal couple should have. But Yuri-yah, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me. And I won’t ever let you go, not in this life. Look…” Yoona pulled out the white gold ring which had the word ‘Y love Y’, showing it in front of Yuri, “This is the ring I picked up the moment I first saw you, accidentally there were our name initial letters’ were carved into it. That was when I know you are my destiny Yuri-yah.”

Yuri looked at the ring Yoona was holding dumbfounded. How ironic, the ring was thrown away by her own hands now reappeared in front of her eyes in Yoona’s hands. And she desperately wanted to have it slid on her finger once again. 

“If you gave me the chance, I promise I won’t ever let you get hurt. Please let me protect you, allow me to stay by your side for the rest of our life. Kwon Yuri, will you marry me?” Yoona looked straight in Yuri’s eyes, waiting patiently for an answer.

The applause getting louder when the proposal was thrown out, there was also some ‘say yes’ chimed in. Tears started to form at the corner of Yuri’s eyes.

“Yes, yes Yoona. I’ll marry you.”

Yoona pulled Yuri in her embrace in another round of the loud applause.

&&&&&&

Atlantis Cruise Ship – Day 7

They got married

The happiest day of their lives up until now.

They decided to stay in L.A like Yuri said that she would introduce Yoona to her parents.

&&&&&&

Yuri’s parents’ garden

Yoona and Yuri looked like the happiest couple in the whole world at this moment. Yoona looked good in the new red scarf Yuri just knitted for her. Everything was perfect if this person didn’t show her face at the weeding.

“What are you doing here?” Yuri asked the person in front of her coldly.

“I’m here to expl-” Nicole stopped herself, “You’re getting married?” Nicole asked as she took in Yuri’s attire, a wedding dress.

“Yes, I am.” Another cold reply.

“To who?”

“To the love of my life, Im Yoona.”

“H-how could you move on so fast, Yuri? Do you even know this person?” Nicole asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I do I know her much better than I know you. There was one thing I know for sure that she would never break my heart like you did to me over a week ago.” Yuri said confidently, put all of her trust in Yoona.

“I couldn’t believe that you could do this to me.” Nicole said.

Yuri let out a snort, “What did you expect me to do, Nicole? You left me alone on that cruise ship with one phone call while my family knew that I’m going to get married to you on that cruise ship. Do you know how hard it is for me to persuade my parents to allow this marriage? What about my mom? She would have had a heart-attack if I told her I’m not going to get married anymore.” Yuri said, annoyed at Nicole for doing this to her.

“So, you just see that Yoona girl as a lifesaver, don’t you?” Nicole said, putting two and two together.

Thinking for a while before she admitted, feeling ashamed, “Yeah…” Yuri let her mind wander to the first time she met Yoona on the deck. It was true that she did have a slight intention of using this girl’s hospitality to trick her parents. However everything had changed since they met again at the medical care, Yuri had fallen for Yoona bit by bit, leading them to where they were now.

“…that’s what I thought when I first met her.” Yuri said, continuing her mid-sentence, “But you know what, Nicole? I really am thankful that you left me alone on that cruise ship so that I can have a second chance with Yoona. She’s the only one that can make me feel like falling in love and being in love at the same time. The kind of feeling that you never once gave me those four years we spent together. Just by looking in her eyes and I know that she loves me just like I love her more than you ever did.” 

Nicole sighed deeply, looked like she had lost Yuri for real this time, “I guess that you don’t care about my explanation anymore, do you?” Yuri looked away from her, refusing to answer her question.

“You love her a lot, don’t you?” Nicole scoffed, Yuri had slipped out of her fingers because of one stupid mistake she made, “Then you guys have my blessing. Tell that Yoona girl that she’s the luckiest girl in this world to have you.”

“Yeah, I will. Thanks, Nic.”

Yuri offered Nicole a friendly hug which she refused, saying that she couldn’t let Yuri go if she hugged her. And Yuri waved goodbye to Nicole, back to her perfect world with Yoona.

She opened the door to step into the house. She realized the red scarf she just gave Yoona was now lying on the floor. What was wrong with Yoona? Treating her present like this?

“Omma, appa! Where’s Yoona?” Yuri asked her parents.

“Huh? I thought that she said she would get back to the hotel with you.” Misun said.

“Ah… I remembered, she also said that she had prepared something special for you at the hotel” Hyesung chimed in.

“Really, appa? She said so?” Yuri said, her eyes brighten up at the thought of Yoona preparing something for her.

“Why would I lie to you, honey?”

Then Yoona had better prepare her surprise well or else she wouldn’t let this mistreat her present passed easily.

“Then I’d better get back soon. She’s probably waiting for me. Bye, appa, omma. I’ll come to visit you sometimes later.” Yuri said before running off to her car.

“Yuri-yah, Yu-” Misun called out for her daughter but it was too late, Yuri was already out of sight.

Misun shook her head before saying, “My little daughter has fallen madly in love now.”

End of Flashback


“When I came back to the hotel, I found out from one of the receptionist that Yoona was already in our room with some blonde. And it was true, I saw her on top of a blonde who was half- and she didn’t even bother to explain to me.” Yuri finished her story, sadness was written all over her face.

“Alright, everyone, you’ve been told the story now get back to work.” Fany said while shooing her co-workers out of Yuri’s room.

Once they were out, Fany placed a hand on Yuri’s shoulder, squeezing it, showing her support.

“I’m fine now, it’s over.” Yuri said, reassured her friend.

TBC