Gee

What if You Were in Girls Generation?

As the lunar new year approaches, so does the airing of your Japanese drama. That's really why you have been secretly dreading the new year. In contrast, your members have been psyched since the end of Christmas. “Come on Yumi-ah, be happy! And to top all the exciting things coming up, your drama’s about to air!” “Yeah I know.” You say to Seohyun with forced laughter. “Don't remind me.” You think as you go to help Yuri and Yoona take the ornaments of the Christmas tree. “Oh!” Says Yoona, startling both you and Yuri, causing you to almost drop the ornament in your hand. “What?” Asks Yuri, with her eyes super wide. “Yeah, what did you do that for?” Asks Taeyeon Unnie as she comes out of the kitchen. “You almost scared the kimchi out of her!” Everyone visibly cringes from Taeyeon’s awful joke. I'm begging you. Please stop!” Exclaims Jessica from the other side of our living area. “Aish, tough crowd.” Says a frowning Taeyeon and she makes her way back to the kitchen. “Anyway,” continues Yoona, “You know the new boy group SHINee, who just debuted?” You and Yuri nod your heads. “Yeah, well I heard they are moving in near our dorms starting after the new year.” “Cool.” You say nonchalantly as you focus on taking a particularly delicate ornament of the tree. “This means more guys!” Super Junior is enough ‘guy’ for a lifetime, thanks. This isn't really something to look forward to.” Yuri says while rolling her eyes. “Well these guys are different.” Yoona insists. “One of thèmes fluent in Japanese.” Yoona winks at you. You snort and shake your head. “Well in that case, I'm in love.” You say sarcastically. Yoona sighs “You guys are no fun.” She claims as she pouts. You and Yuri exchange smirks and go back to stripping the tree of decorations. A few days before Lunar New Year, your mom and dad send datemaki, a New Year's tradition of sweet rolled omelets for you and your members. On New Year’s Eve you settle down with everyone to watch your pilot, after constantly trying to convince them not to watch it. You did not care to watch yourself either but they dragged you to the TV room. As the show starts you feel your face getting red and your stomach twisting and you cover your eyes when you see yourself on screen. “My voice sounds so weird and annoying you confess as they’re all watching. “No it doesn't!” They shout at you and Sunny tells you how cute you are. You continue to cover your eyes when Haruma appears on screen for the first time. As you predicted, you can't stand to see him after what happened at the final shooting. “Ooh that guy’s cute. What did you think of him?” Asks Jessica as she points to Haruma. You can't help it and you cry right then and there. You feel so stupid and pathetic for doing so, but you couldn't just hold it in. “Omo Yumi-ah! What's wrong?” Asks Yuri and everyone's attention is on you. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are rubbing your back and Seohyun’s handing you tissues while Tiffany wipes the tears of your face. “I really liked him.” You manage to choke out. “But he rejected me, I guess.” “How could he reject such an amazing girl like you? He’s obviously stupid.” Exclaims Sunny. You try to smile at her as Jessica turns off the TV. “I'm so sorry. You deserve better anyway!” Exclaims Jessica. You feel a lot better now that you got it off your chest. Besides, you didn't even know Haruma for very long. You spend the rest of the night eating datemaki with your members and watching cheesy Romance dramas.