Prologue

What if You Were in Girls Generation?

Growing up, you weren't like most of the girls at your school. While they talked on the playground, you saw how fast you could sprint across the field. While they gossiped during reading time, you were staring into space in the direction of your book. Words had never really been your thing, you hadn't started to really learn to speak until 2 years old. you had always prefered to watchsomething happen than to read about it. you could comprehend words fine but talking yourself were a little bit harder. When responding to someone you would simply nod your head to tell them you heard what they said. your parents thought that you were having trouble speaking physically so they took you to doctors who ran medical tests but they all came back negative. So next they took you to a therapist. Word had got out at school that you were seeing a therapist. Being the naive children they were, all the kids at your elementary school thought you were crazy. It eventually made you believe you were actually insane. you ran home crying to your parents asking them why you were crazy. your parents, not expecting this question, asked you why you thought you were crazy. That night, your family realized why you didn't talk much. It were not because you were antisocial or that you just couldn't but because you didn't know exactly what you should say. Due to your parents both getting let go after a merger with the company they worked for, they got job offers under the same company in the Shibuya branch. We moved and started a new life there. At 10 years old, you were slightly younger than most of the girls at your new school. Unfortunately, you were made fun of a lot for being too pale. you had never thought about it a whole lot but you were also physically different than most other girls. When you would go to the farmers markets with your mom, the people working there would think you were a foreigner. you had realized that you weren't beautiful but you still had a dream to become an idol. When you shared this dream with some of your classmates they laughed at you and told you that you would never be pretty enough. your parents spent most of their free time exploring the district of Harajuku, which we lived just outside of. your parents decided it was unfit for your to grow up in. They sent you to live with your grandfather who lived by himself in Seoul, South Korea.