Girls' Generation

What if You Were in Girls Generation?

You never thought you would actually make it but here you are, standing among the other young trainees. All in a line, each girl stood with their shoulders back with perfect posture. Long and lean legs are positioned parallel under them facing the CEO and other important faculty. Your throat is so dry you can barely swallow and you know for a fact that it will only take a few more minutes for it to start throbbing. Singing, then dancing, then singing and dancing at the same time. All the exercise tires you out, but your anxiety gives you the strength and energy to stand with the girl in one straight line, a natural smile playing on your face. They finally dismiss you and the other girls. You all sprint down the hallway where the older girls sit, awaiting their news. One by one, each 19-21 year old girl is polled into the hallway. Finally, Qian is called and you squeeze her hand tight. You had been waiting patiently next to her for the past 30 minutes waiting for her name to be called. She goes in and you immediately start to fidget with what seems like every part of your body. A small part of you is scared that if Qian comes out and ends up getting into the new group, that it might take up a spot for you. But you know that she deserves it more than you. Sure, she has only trained for a short amount of time but she is older than you and may not have another chance. I on the other hand, am only 13 and by the time the girl group is set to debut, I'll be 14. I have so much more time left, time to make myself better. After a few minutes, Qian comes out. Her hair is let loose from her ponytail in what looks like an attempt to hide her face. You stand up to meet her on the other end of the room. You brush her hair away and she shakes her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. We both sit down with are arms wrapped around each other. “I won't give up.” Qian says. “You shouldn't.” You say in agreement and hug her tighter. Now you await your own fate. It's feels like hours as you sit and waits as each of the younger section of trainees go in and out of the decision room, most with looks of disappointment or tears. Once your name is called, Qian squeezes your shoulder and helps you up. As walk towards the door, you feel as if your heart is about to come out of your mouth. The way you felt when you auditioned is nothing compared to how you feel now. When you step into the room your whole world seems to stop. You aren't aware of the chair underneath you and the contract in front of you. You sign it without thinking next to the guardian signature line that is yet to be written on. “Congratulations,” Mr. Lee Soo Man says to you. That’s when it finally hits you. You made it, once Grandfather signs this contract you will officially be not a trainee, but an idol under the SM Entertainment. You walk out of the room arms shaking. You kind of fall into Qian’s arms and she practically suffocates you. You start to cry, you are on top of the world and nothing has ever made you feel like this. As you walk towards the same room Grandfather was waiting in 2 years before, you ask Qian how we will find away to spend time with each other. “We’ll find away.” She says words oozing with confidence. Grandfather was so happy for you that he picked you up swooped you through the air like he did when you were little. Right after he signed the contract you called your parents and told them the news. Your mother cried and your father told you how proud of you he was. 
The first meeting you went to was to be assigned your position in the group. You received the main vocalist position along with the leader Taeyeon and another older member, Jessica. You never would have imagined that you would get to be a main vocalist because maknaes are early assigned that position. You went to a conference a few days later and met your fellow members. You talked a lot with Joohyun because she was around your age and really admired Taeyeon. Your most memorable meeting was with Tiffany. After you met in the conference, you both walked to a bubble tea café across from the SM building. “How are you today, Stephanie?” You asked her politely. She laughed and said “Hey, you don't have to use honorifics!” You apologize but she tells that there is no need to be sorry. “Now let's try this again. Hi Yumi-ah!” “Hi Tiffany Unnie!” You respond enthusiastically. You and Tiffany both giggle and continue walking to the café. You decided you really liked Tiffany Unnie. Although debuting was a slow process, it was still the best experience you’ve had in your entire life.