Chapter 08

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Haerin dear, Jungkook is here!” I heard my mom shouts notifying me about Jungkook’s arrival. I checked my watch to see that it has been an hour after we both ended the call and him telling me that he’ll come over.

 

“Just tell him to come here, mom!” I shouted back as I plug the charger of my laptop and my camera’s battery, just incase I’m going to go around the city for some good inspiration.

 

Just as I return to sit on my bed, the door to my room creaks open, and a nonchalant and sleepyhead Jungkook walks in. I chuckles at his still sleepy face. He really isn’t a morning person.

 

“It’s about time, Kook. You shower like a girl. 30 minute my .” I sneer at him.

 

Hearing that, he rolled his eyes at me while telling me to move aside and sitting himself beside me.

 

“I swear if this is some pranks you’re pulling on I’m going to kill you on the spot, Song.” He mumbles while I give him my laptop, showing him the said email.

 

The room went silent for a good one minute before I gasped as Jungkook hugs me so suddenly.

 

“You did it, Song! You did it! I told you that you’ll make it to the final!” he shouts as he hugs me. If it weren’t for the fact that I’m also ecstatic, I would’ve thrown him already. But because of the circumstances immediately I found myself hugging him back as tight while grinning from ear to ear.

 

Pulling himself from the hug, Jungkook then stands up as he outstretched his hand at me. I can only look up at him confused.

 

“What? What is it, Kook?”

 

Rolling his eyes he then goes to pull me to stand up with him by a bit of a force. His pull is so strong that I went up instantly and was bumping him in the chest with my head. I yelp at the contact.

 

“Ow, damn it hulk, control your power will you.” I said as I rub my head and shot him a glare.

 

“Sorry, sorry I forgot how weak you ar- Ow!” I cut him off by kicking him at the shin.

 

“Save it, now what is it? What are you planning to do?” I asked him, settling my hand on my hip.

 

“You really don’t know, Haerin? Is that a legit question?”

Confused, I furrow my brows together. I shrugged my shoulder, signaling that I have no clue what he’s on about.

 

Again, he rolled his eyes at me while sighing.

 

“You really are dumb, but anyway, we,” He points out to me than himself. “-are going to go out and look for the object of your winning picture.” He finishes as he crossed his hands, seemingly proud for being the one suggesting the idea.

 

“If I’m dumb, then you’re insane, Kook.” I said as I shook my head. “I don’t think it’s that easy to do that, Kook. If it were easy, they wouldn’t need to put a long 2 weeks of time, don’t you think?” He was about to answer when he opens his mouth but I beat him to it,

 

“And besides, the theme is ‘The One’ and that theme itself was the one making it hard. This ‘The one’ could be anything, either a what or a who.”

 

I explain to Jungkook and he seems to finally get it as he then went sitting back on my bed while his face showing that he’s thinking about something. He then turned his head towards me with wide eyes, and I can only nod as a sign for him to spill whatever he has in mind.

 

“Do you want me to be your object? I can volunteer.” He asked with a seriousness that got me mentally face-palming myself. I groan at him while rolling my eyes.

 

“Please tell me you did not just suggested that.” I shook my head at him.

 

“What’s wrong with that? You said it could be anything. I’m willing to be the object for your pictures.” He says with wide eyes. That just shows me how innocent- wait, no, how dumb he really is.

 

“Goodness, Jungkook you really are stupid. Listen, don’t ask me why you can’t be the object, but you just can’t. This is an important project for me and I don’t want to scare the judges with a picture of you.” I explained to him half jokingly.

 

Fortunately, as Jungkook is so understandable, he only nods and pout while scrunching his nose, looking at me.

 

“But, thanks for the offer though. If you really wanted to help, mind companying me around the city? I still need to search for some inspiration to figure it out.”

 

“Hmmmm, I don’t know, Song.” He said as he faked being so deep in thought. Not long after, he turned back to look at me, grinning so wide showing him his bunny teeth.

 

“Do you even have to ask? Of course I’m down for that. When? Tonight?”

 

“No, not tonight. I’ll get back to you. But for sure it’s within this week. I want to spent time with my parent first, is that okay?” I turn to Jungkook.

 

“Fine by me. Well if you don’t mind me, I need to catch that sleep I’m missing on. Just call me whenever you’re ready, until then, Song.” He briskly says, patting me in the shoulder as he makes his way towards the door to leave.

 

I can only chuckle at him. “Sure thing, Kook.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the moon already at its final resting place for the day, I opened my window as I waited for a certain person. I can’t wait to share him the good news. I smile at the thought of his reaction. More like, I smile at the thought of him. Realizing what just went through my mind, I shook my head.

 

“No, you need to stop whatever you’re feeling towards him, Haerin. You don’t want another heartbreak so you better stop.”

 

It has been 3 hours and still no sign of Jimin. At exactly an hour after midnight, I gave up waiting for him and went to close the window because of the chilling wind. I don’t want to wake up in another fever. Disappointments, but mostly confusion are filling me, I kept on pondering why and where the heck did Jimin went. I kept trying to figure it out until I fell asleep.

 

That kept happening for the next few days. That’s it; he stopped visiting me without any news whatsoever. So that night was his way on saying goodbye.

 

But, why? Did I do something wrong? Did my blood tasted that bad? 

 

Questions’ running through my mind, but w

Please log in to read the full chapter