Chapter 11

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pain. That’s the only thing I feel when I woke up.

 

That and along with the massive headache on the back of my head. Hissing at it, I opened my eyes only to be greeted with pure darkness that I doubt myself a pair of eyes. I thought I was blind, well hopefully not, because I can’t see anything yet to make sure I’m in fact, not blind. Trying to sit up, only then that I realized my current position. Hunched in what I suppose to be the corner of the room with my wrist tied behind my back. Groaning, I tried to move my hands hoping that it will loosen up but to my absolute dismay it was tied super tight that I’m sure going to leave a mark.

 

What? What’s happening? Where am I?

 

As if on cue, my mind decided to replay the scene that happened before I was trapped in this darkness. Sneaking out to the dock, hearing those footsteps, the pain on the back of my head, those red eyes. I gasped as all of it finally kicking in.

 

No. It couldn’t be. It couldn’t be Jimin. No, I refuse to believe it. I filled my mind with denial. But with Jimin being the only one I knew, my conscious kept returning to suspect him.

 

But who knows there’re another of his kind, Haerin. He couldn’t be the only one alive. Could he? Have some faith in him-

 

My trains of thought were cut by the sudden noise of an opening door. I saw a figure sliding in before closes it. Considering there’s not even a slight light coming from the other side, I’m guessing it’s still dawn. Either that, or I might’ve been out for a day. I tried to squinted my eyes, trying to locate the said figure.

 

A chuckle was first heard, it was so sinister that it gave me shivers. Then, a footsteps echoing in the small room. With every step this person took, my heart decided to beat ten times faster. Not long after the footsteps came to a halt, and as if on cue, bright light greets me. I winced my eyes at the sudden revelation, well on the plus side; I’m not blind, so that’s good.

 

Slowly opening my eyes, I squeal when I was inches from a pair of deadly red eyes. The male behind it only smirk sinisterly at my flustered state.

 

The first thing came to mind was; it’s not Jimin. I almost sigh in relief if it weren’t for the current situation I’m in. It’s not Jimin. But somehow his feature is awfully familiar.

 

“Who-“ I manage to croak out, before the stranger beat me to it.

 

“Park Minjun. Your lover- or should I say, Park Jimin’s younger brother.” I gasped as soon as he states the last part. He offers me his hand to shake. Took him seconds before he realized my tied hands and he immediately chuckle that sinister laughter of his again. My lover?

 

“Oops, sorry, I forgot. But anyway it’s a pleasure to meet you, Song Haerin.” He said my name in a way that got me goose bumps, not in a good way that is. It’s the exact opposite of how I felt when Jimin said it.

 

At the recollection of it, what happened to Jimin? Why is his brother here? Decided to ignore the fact that he actually knew my name, I muster a glare at his gaze before asking out,

 

“what do you want from me? Where is Jimin? What did you do to him?!” my voice was raised unconsciously. As if wanting to anger me more, Minjun’s smirks only widen at my outburst. He took a step back before raising his hands up, mocking surrender.

 

“Feisty aren’t we? Well, my brother is nothing of your concern. If anything, I would worry about your well being, babe.”

 

“I’m not your babe.” I hissed at him. Sending yet another hateful glare towards him. Whoever this guy is, don’t care whether he’s Jimin’s brother or not; I don’t sense anything good out of him. His presence itself is enough proof. The aura surrounding him screams danger.

 

He chuckle once more, before in a blink of an eye, harshly grabs my neck and pull me up. He brought me high enough so that my feet can’t touch the ground, choking me in his hold. I tried to pry his hand off me as I struggle to breathe but it was futile.

 

“If I were you, I’m going to shut that pretty mouth of yours. I’m nowhere as kind as my brother.” I almost rolled my eyes at that because even mentally ill people know that fact.

 

“Jimin…” he scowls in distaste at his name. “That stupid idiot is too kind for his own good. Well after he met you that is.” He drops me on the floor, resulting in a groan from me as my back collided with the hard ground. Trying to regain my composure, I tried to even my breaths. It is hard to focus on the words he’s saying.

 

“When I heard the rumors of Jimin finding interest in a so called human girl, I didn’t believe it at first.” He walks slowly circling me, like a predator to its prey. “

 

“But when I actually found him back in the castle, looking as distraught as ever, loosing a lot of blood and yet refusing to take a victim offered to him, I can only conclude one thing; the rumor turns out to be anything but false.”

 

“Castle..?” I whispered absentmindedly.

 

“Ah, he didn’t tell you anything, did he?” I refuse to acknowledge his question, but of course he had to continue.

 

“You see, in our world, we have this group of royalty, and me and that big brother of mine, turns out to be part of that group. How can it not, when our parent is actually the King and Queen themselves.” I widened my eyes as a gasp escaped my lips.

 

Jimin is a

Please log in to read the full chapter